Almost Funny

~♡~

Second Day.

Usually, when students are asked what their favorite subject is, majority would say lunch. It used to be the same for me. Now it isn't.

Trying not to squirm and sit still on the bench, I was looking around hoping to spot my P' and get this over with when for some reasons, my gaze happen to turn south and what I saw had my mouth gaping wide. Squinting my eyes as I looked down, I felt a rush of blood to my face.

Black and white. Shia, my socks don't match!

Just when I thought meeting P'Vee was the worst thing that can happen today, I'm wearing the most noticeable and horrible wrong combination of socks. Is there a hidden camera somewhere? I'm sure as hell this is a prank. Is this why James and the others were laughing earlier?

Wicked, wicked day. I had a pajama party with insomia last night and I'm just too out of it today. My mind isn't working properly I didn't catch my friends' drift and understand what's so funny. But how can they not even tell me? Traitors. I'll take care of those fools later.

And right when my confidence can't be any low, I saw P'Vee walking towards me. I try so hard not to look down even if I want to so as not to draw attention to the mismatch. P'Vee didn't seem to notice and was smiling as he sat beside me.

"What is it this time?"

"Egg sandwich."

I handed P'Vee the paper bag and quickly stood up only to be stopped as he grabs my hand.

I'm not sure why I'm suddenly weak in the knees but I found myself sitting back to the bench. Taking a step felt difficult and standing still became challenging.

P'Vee let go of my hand as soon as I sit and I felt relieved.

"You always make a lot. Let's share."

I nod not trusting my voice at the moment. P'Vee then gave me some of the sandwich and ask me another question.

"Have you thought about it?"

I choked on the bite I just had while P'Vee's hand is already on my back. Is he referring to the kiss?

"Can we have lunch without you choking?", P'Vee asked with mischief lacing his voice. He was gently tapping and sometimes rubbing me on my back until my coughing fit ceased.

"What do you mean P'?"

My senior being the tease that he is, decided to be annoying and kept being vague about it.

"Have you forgotten? But it was just last night."

I almost want to strangle him at that time but held myself.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about P'."

Keeping my mind out of the gutter and trying to think of something other than the flesh on my cheek last night, I willed myself to remember what else this annoying senior told me.

"Oh, you mean the trip to the beach?"

Realization dawned on me but before I can turn down the offer, P'Vee stood up.

"I'll get us some drinks. Wait here."

Twenty minutes passed and P'Vee is not yet back. I'm not sure what held him off but my next class will be starting in a few more minutes so I decided to just text him and go on ahead.

I'm already walking away from the place when P'Vee called me. He handed me a drink and guided me to sit on a bench nearby.

"I'm not sure if it's a trendy thing to be wearing non-matching socks but the student handbook only allows black."

P'Vee then took something out of the plastic bag he's carrying and drop down on one knee before me.

When I saw him tear off the transparent plastic, I felt my cheeks turning a dark shade of red.

My senior took it upon himself to remove my shoes and socks and put the new ones he just bought. When he's done and I'm already as red as a tomato he stood up and ushered me to get going.

"Go, you can't be late for your next class."

I only hummed and walked off.

After reaching my classroom, I heard a ping indicating a new message.

"If you're thankful. Come to the beach with me."

***

A/N:

Embarrassing moments . . . Please comment your own if you've experienced one before in front of your crush.  Mark can't be the only one, right? 😜💕

9.26.20
SAT