Him Again

~♡~

An expanse of grassy field. Slightly windy weather. And colorful hot air balloons.

Those alone will guarantee a pleasant date.

But no date is happening anytime soon. Instead, I sat alone on my picnic mat with a basket of food for two. The food untouched. The view isn't as awe-inspiring. And the happy smiles of couples and families around me felt suffocating.

I've planned to take P'Bar here if he'd let me court him but all went down the drain that day.

I've always liked this Hot Air Balloon Fiesta and the moment I realized I liked P'Bar, I've promised myself to bring him here. I then began planning a date without me noticing it and all the details, including where we will be sitting, down to what we will be eating were carefully chosen after considering too many options.

I wanted the day to be perfect. I wanted it to be memorable. And most importantly, I wanted P'Bar to enjoy it. But so much for planning. It will never happen.

Sitting for sometime, I decided not to finish the event and just go home. There's a stabbing pain somewhere in my chest seeing how everyone's here with someone else while I sat on my mat alone sighing. I started to get up and get ready to go when I felt hands on my shoulders gently pushing me down.

"I just got here. Don't go yet."

I don't need to turn around to see who is talking. I've been hearing that voice everywhere lately.

"What are you doing here P'?", I looked up and saw P'Vee towering above me.

"I've always been asked that question lately.", P'Vee said while sitting on the mat.

"Maybe because you always show up everywhere lately.", my reply came with a slightly mocking tone, with emphasis on the word 'lately'.

"And how did you know I am here P'?"

"Does it matter?"

"If it doesn't then what does?"

"What do you have on the basket? I'm hungry."

Seeing he doesn't have any intention of answering my question, I sighed and opened the basket. I took out the food I prepared and spread them on the mat. P'Vee then took one of the sandwiches and looked ahead.

"I've never been here before. Good thing I came today."

Seeing P'Vee admiring the scene before us. I too looked and felt my spirits lifted. The sight was suddenly breathtaking again.

It was silent for a few minutes before I decided to say something.

"I'm okay now P'. No need to worry about me."

I felt P'Vee look at me so I likewise turn and look at him too.

"I won't drink alone anymore. I would never climb steel fences again at night. And no chances of me getting lost again at Rama bridge at an ungodly hour. I'm getting better. No need to check on me anymore."

P'Vee only looked at me for sometime.

"I'm not checking on you. I was just passing by."

I rolled my eyes on this.

"You always show up at lunch. You always walk me home at night. And you always find me during your breaks or when you don't have classes. Are you saying you were just passing by on all those times too?"

"Coincidences do happen."

"But not that often P'."

P'Vee remained silent and didn't reply.

"I must've scared you that night. You know I'm not gonna jump right? Just forget it ever happened."

P'Vee took everything in silence and I saw him nod as he stare at the remaining sandwich on his hand.

"Thank you for everything P'.", I added when P'Vee kept his silence.

No need to feel responsible for me anymore.

"You said you're thankful right?", P'Vee asked out of the blue.

It was my turn to nod and wait for him to say more.

"Then make me some more sandwiches for a week. A want a different one each day."

I smiled and answered in the affirmative.

It's the least that I can do.

***

A/N:

I'm a bit unwell and might not be able to update this story until next week.

Hope everyone's safe and well. 😊💕

9.15.20
TUE