chapter 6

As soon as the van came to a halt in the car park Satoko fumbled with her seatbelt excitedly but her excitement ruined her dexterity and Rika had to help her out. Both Rika and Mion chuckled at the situation which only made Satoko feel dejected and embarrassed. That feeling did not last long for Satoko as Rika had gotten out of the van and made room for Satoko to follow. Satoko leaped out of the door almost falling flat on her face before Rika caught her and helped her restore her balance. Rika let a soft giggle pass her lips as she pet Satoko on the head saying "Be careful, we don't want you getting injured on the first day!"
Satoko stood tall knocking Rika's hand from her head "Oh Ho Ho Ho ho~! As if that could happen to me! My skills far surpass such a lowly failing point!" Satoko let out her signature laugh evoking a joyous smile from Rika which settled the slight anxiety that constantly pulled at her heart for the moment.
Mion cleared her throat. "Alright, you two better stop flirting and get to reception! It's your check in time!"
"Meep!" Rika let out a squeak "Satoko, come on! We dint wanna be late!"
Rika took Satoko's hand which instantly flustered her and made her start a bit. Rika quickly pulled Satoko after her "Thank you so much for the lift, Mii! See you in a week!" Rika called out before dragging Satoko down a wide forest path to a cabin like building which was the reception.
They approached the counter hand in hand and the person manning it raised a brow at them before verifying who they were handing them their keys and a map.
"Tall trees cabin 13..." Satoko mumbled staring down at the map in dismay as she pulled both her and Rika's suitcase behind her.
"Gimme that!" Rika chuckled staring at the map before taking Satoko's free hand and leading her through several paths and up a hill that was, admittedly, much too steep for Satoko's liking. By the time they reached the front of the cabin they were both panting and out of breath.
"Did we really have to speed walk the whole way?" Satoko whined glaring at Rika.
Rika laughed in response trying to catch her breath "I'm sorry! I was just super excited!"
Satoko smiled softly feeling an intense sense of love for Rika "I am too... This is gonna be amazing!"
Rika nodded as she unlocked the door to the cabin that would belong to the two for the next week. Satoko watched her as she gently opened the door and stepped inside, Satoko followed soon after.
Stepping in, the cabin had a much more modern interior look than the too had expected. The dining room kitchen and living room were all one room where there was a bar like kitchen countre with a couple of high stools next to it. On one side of the countre there was a comfy looking sofa facing a small TV. On the other side there was a larger space that had a table in the centre surrounded by about 5 seats. Satoko noticed that just next to the entrance to the countre there was a dip in the wall with a door in it. Satoko quickly moved towards it, that must be the bedroom. Satoko quickly pushed the door open revealing a wooden cabnet, the top surface being a desk, with a double bed draped in white sheets opposite it. Satoko heard Rika's voice behind her.
"I see you booked a room with just one double bed..." Satoko looked around to see Rika with her brow raised and a rather smug grin.
"I- Uh- I just thought maybe we could share... Only if you want to! I'll sleep on the floor if it bothers you..." this was it. Rika definitely saw that there was something wrong with Satoko, she knew it. It's only a matter of time before Rika leaves her all alone again now...
"Satoko, don't be silly, I was just playing with you. I would love to share! Miiii!" Rika gave Satoko a soft wink which instantly reduced Satoko to a blushing mess.
Rika wondered out of the room speaking "Where about's do you want to spend the rest of the evening before we call it a night?"
Satoko dumped the suitcases on the bedroom floor and followed Rika into the living room." I was thinking we could go down to the lake and sit by it to catch the sunset..." Satoko mumbled admittedly feeling shy about the idea, that sounds like a romantic date...
Rika chuckled and responded as though she read Satoko's mind. "That sounds like a date! Who would have thought you would be such the romantic, Satoko..."
Satoko looked to her feet. "Sorry, that was stupid..."
Rika placed a hand on Satoko's shoulder and spoke softly yet seriously. "It wasn't stupid, Satoko. I would love to do that with you."
Satoko felt her face heating up. "O-okay..."
With that Rika moved her hand from Satoko's shoulder and took her hand in one smooth movement. "Let's go..."

Satoko found the walk through the woods, hand in hand with Rika, an overwhelmingly pleasant experience, it was a sweet yet intense feeling to just be like this with Rika, without a care in the world.
"Hey, Satoko?" Rika spoke.
"Hm?" Satoko made a noncommittal noise, she was too dazed by the current situation to respond in an intelligible way.
"The conversation we had earlier today reminded me of something I want to tell you..."
The serious tone in Rika's voice snapped Satoko out of her daze. "W-what's up?"
Rika took a deep inhale as if preparing herself for something. "I would like to tell you I'm uh... Sapphic... It means I'm attracted to women...if your uncomfortable with that I totally understand I jus-"
"Rika, I- I like women too! I would never be uncomfortable with you... Even if it wasn't the case that I'm in the same boat as you... You are everything to me..."
Satoko noticed Rika's face was slightly red as she pulled Satoko into a tight hug. "Satoko..." Satoko could hear a slight sob in Rika's voice and quickly wrapped her arms tightly around Rika. "Rika..." Satoko felt tears welling up in her own eyes, maybe her feelings could be returned after all... Rika sniffled and pulled away wiping her eyes. "I'm so glad... I was really scared to do that..."
Satoko let out a weak laugh "Th-tha-that whole time I was horrified that you'd hate me if you found out A-and yet... Rika..."
Rika smiled at Satoko taking her hand again. "Come on, let's get down to the lake, we don't want to miss sunset."
Satoko gripped Rika's hand tightly nodding, her heart beating faster than, she thought, it probably should.
This time they were distinctly aware of the fact the other kept glancing at them. It filled them both with a warm feeling.
"I-I love you, Rika..." Satoko accidentally found her self muttering.
Rika's response was to quickly glance at Satoko as if verifying her words before softly squeezing her hand.
"I-I love you too, Satoko..."

Although both meant it in a romantic way, sadly, neither could figure out if that was the case or not.

A/N: I'm sorry, that was such a mean way to end that, wasn't it? Welpppp couldn't let them get together so soon, ya know. We need a little slowburn in there lol.