Chapter 9

Satoko swung her legs nervously in the water feeling Rika snuggled up so close to her, she loved being so close to Rika but it filled her with anxiety in such a public setting.
Satoko felt like everyone around them was watching and judging or thinking things Satoko didn't even want to imagine could come to another person's mind.
Rika seemed to notice this tension in Satoko and sat up. "Satoko, are you okay?"
Satoko nodded exhaling shakily. Rika was so thoughtful... "Yeah... I'm just worried about other people watching us..."
Rika looked almost sad. "There will always be people who'll judge you and I. We shouldn't let them and their sick judgments rule our lives, though. But, I totally understand if you don't like being all cuddly in such a public space."
Satoko noticed that Rika was staring down at Satoko's hands as if waiting for some sort of confirmation or go ahead signal. "I'm really nervous about showing affection in such an unfamiliar environment as this, but," Satoko took one of Rika's hands in her own. "This is okay, I like this."
Rika's face blossomed into a warm smile at Satoko's action and words making Satoko blush heavily. "Yay! I don't think I could handle showing you absolutely no affection all day!"
Satoko looked away from Rika's face, flustered. "Y-yeah, me too..."

To two had soon decided to go to the pool bar and get some cold drinks and didn't for a second unlink their hands as they ordered and took their drinks. Satoko had ordered a mango smoothie and Rika had ordered a mixed berry smoothie. The two had sat at a round table with two seats, one on either side and had placed their drinks atop the table. It didn't take long for Satoko to decide she didn't want to sit across from Rika and instead wanted to sit next to her, so she scooted her chair around the table making Rika visibly jump.
Satoko felt a spark of guilt in her chest. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you..."
Rika shook her head. "No, Satoko, you did nothing wrong, I was just day dreaming!"
Satoko tilted her head at Rika, her curiosity had been piqued. "'bout what?"
"Oh, nothing." Rika avoided Satoko's eyes and looked away.
Satoko felt worry bubbling through her body, was Rika okay? Was she hiding something? Had Satoko done something to upset her?
Satoko suddenly felt Rika take her hand. "Satoko, you've done nothing wrong, I was just embarrassed by the question."
Satoko took a sip of her smoothie, intrigued, what had embarrassed Rika so much?
Satoko found herself drinking her smoothie rather quick and finishing before Rika leaving her to watch Rika drink her's. Satoko watch closely as Rika put her lips to the straw, she wanted nothing more than to kiss Rika but just couldn't bring herself to, she didn't want to ruin what they have right now. Satoko knew that Rika also liked women so at least her fantasies didn't seem quite so far fetched now.
Satoko's thoughts were broken by Rika saying. "Why are you staring at me like that? Are you going to eat me or something?"
Satoko shook her head violently, clearing her thoughts. "Ah, sorry! I zoned out!"
Rika raised a brow. "We're both doing it today..."
Satoko nodded. "Must be the heat, I heard that being too hot can make a person not too present."
"Satoko," Rika sounded concerned. "It's not even all that hot anymore..."
"Huh?" Satoko looked a little shocked. It was true, it was no longer too hot.
Rika furrowed her brows. "Now that it's past midday it's naturally getting cooler, did you not notice?"
Satoko panicked a bit, she probably looked so stupid right now... "Ah, I didn't! Haha, must be all the zoning out!"
Rika looked at Satoko with deep concern. "Satoko, are you okay? You seem really off..."
"I-" Satoko tried to speak.
Rika quickly cut her off with an easier question. "Are you getting all anxious about something? It seems like you are."
Satoko nodded looking down. "I am... I don't know why," truthfully she did know. " I'm feeling all skittish and anxious and uncomfortable."
Rika sighed looking at Satoko caringly. "Let's go back to the cabin, this is clearly too much for you right now..."
Satoko felt a twinge of guilt. "Are you sure? Do you not want to stay here?"
Rika took both of Satoko's hand in her's and looked into Satoko's eyes softly, flustering Satoko. "I don't want you to be uncomfortable, it's only fun of you're having fun." 
Satoko nodded avoiding Rika's gaze. "Then, can we go back to the cabin?"
"Okay." Rika spoke softly and with care.

The two changed as quickly as possible the water feeling cold on their skin, now they had been out of the pool for a considerable amount of time, and they wasted no time in collecting their stuff.

They left the pool hand in hand, out into the foresty area the cool air starting to hit Satoko now more than ever, she wished she'd brought her sweater.
Rika spoke to Satoko. "Are you cold? Shall we pick up the pace?"
"I'd rather no-!" Satoko was dragged after a jogging Rika and forced to jog herself. "Rikaaaa!"

They reached their cabin faster then they would have walking bit it felt like an eternity to Satoko as her lungs were stung by breathing in the cool air at such a rapid pace. Satoko was panting and weeding with her hands on her knees while Rika was unlocking the door, chuckling and seemingly unfazed.
"Rika... Why? That was... Just... Mean..." Satoko spoke between pants giving Rika a death glare.
Rika laughed a little. "You warmed up, didn't you? And we got here quicker, did we not?"
Satoko grumbled a little "I would have preferred to get her without painful lungs."
Rika pushed the door open. "Sorry, sorry."
They entered into the cabin and Satoko flopped onto the sofa lengthwise, finally catching her breath. Rika picked up Satoko's bag (which she had thrown to the floor) and took both of their bags into their room.
She soon returned and stood over Satoko with her hands on her hips. "Move or I'm sitting on you."
Satoko gave Rika a lazy glance that just read 'Can't be bothered' to which Rika promptly sat on her stomach. "Umph!" Satoko rolled off the sofa, taking Rika with her. "What the hell?"
Rika just stared at her innocently. "I told you I would."
Satoko glared at Rika but decided she'd make room for her. Satoko sat on one side of the sofa allowing Rika to sit next to her.
Satoko lay her head on Rika's lap allowing her to lie lengthwise again and look up at Rika.
Rika gave Satoko an unimpressed expression of 'of course you would' but chuckled and began slowly stroking Satoko's hair. "Comfortable?" Rika muttered quietly.
"Very." Satoko yawned in response.

AN: finally finishes this chapter- lol, sorry I took so long- I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you in the next.