chapter 18

Satoko awoke with a bit of a start as something collided with her face.
She groaned a little, finding that Rika's hand was splayed over her face, she removed it turning around under the covers to face the culprit, who was still asleep. Satoko smiled sighing, how had Rika managed to slap Satoko in the face while asleep? She really had a talent for committing random acts of violence while not conscious.
Satoko pinched Rika's cheek causing her to immediately awaken. "Hey! Satoko!" Rika shot Satoko a glare.
"You smacked me." Satoko said bluntly in her defence.
"You probably deserved it." Rika furrowed her brows.
Satoko fained offence. "I'm an angel! How dare you insinuate I'm anything but!"
Rika just pet Satoko on the head in response, somehow smiling sarcastically.
Satoko wanted to be mad but the action only made her blush a little, feeling shy and flustered.
"Wow, that really made you stop talking..." Rika sounded almost in awe.
Satoko flared in response.

The two had eaten their breakfast in their usual way, lots of chat and playful banter. Rika had finished getting ready to go out and Satoko was stood in the bathroom staring down her own reflection in the mirror. She still looked fairly simular to how she had for years but her face had begun to show her mental strain as bags had grown under her eyes, she hadn't realised quite how worrisome her face really appeared when she wasn't smiling, she looked stressed out, tired and near done.
She rubbed her eyes looking herself in the mirror and trying to make her resting face look less upset by trying to smile just slightly so that it wasn't noticeable but it stopped her from looking so depressed.
No wonder Rika was so worried about her, she looked miserable on a daily basis.
Satoko left the bathroom and entered into the main room where Rika was sat waiting for her. "Satoko!" Rika exclaimed upon looking up and making eye contact with her. "You ready to go?" Rika asked standing up and wrapping her arms once again around one of Satoko's.
Satoko blushed a little averting her eyes from Rika. "Yup, let's go..." She mumbled, would she ever not get shy about sharing affection?
As they left the house they were hit by the slightly cold air and huddled closer to eachother.
"When did it get cold?" Rika shivered laughing a little.
"Yeah, summer went so quickly..." Satoko stared down at the ground, the passing of time was relentless and that thought filled her with fear. It won't stop for anyone and will drag everyone with it, Satoko never felt prepared for the changes the passing of time brought with it and that was one of the reasons she found it so scary.

How long did she really have left with Rika?
Rika gave Satoko's arm a squeez. "Hey, it's okay... What's got you so worried?"
"Just..." Satoko retreated in on herself a bit. "just, time keeps passing no matter what. One day I'm a kid and than a blink and here we are... It's scary... I never know what time is gonna take with it next..."
Rika stared into Satoko's eyes, her gaze gentle and loving. "Yeah, it can be really scary but from the day I graduated from St Lucia I decided I would stay by your side, so no matter what changes with time I'll never leave you again."
But I might leave you... Satoko thought but did not voice, she felt as though she could go at any moment at this point in her life, one intrusive thought that is too intense and she would be gone. "Thank you, Rika... That means more to me than I can express..."
Rika giggled. "You'd better return the favour!"
Satoko nodded and laughed a little.

Soon the two reached their destination which was a movie theatre in a nearby town. As the entered the theatre they decided to get some sweet popcorn and coffee before the film, Satoko hadn't really payed attention to what they were going to go and see but was excited to do such a date like thing with Rika. Supposedly, the film was a horror, which Satoko thought was an interesting choice.

They had found their seats and had got comfortable, Rika's hand atop Satoko's on the arm rest inbetween them.
Currently all that was playing were advertisements but Satoko still enjoyed herself, being sat beside Rika in such an atmosphere as this. Satokos full attention was on Rika who seemed more occupied by the big screen in front of them. Rika looked beautiful in this lighting was all that Satoko could think, we'll, who was she kidding? Rika looked beautiful in all lighting.

Satoko was so entranced by Rika that she hadn't even notice the film had already begun quite some time ago and got a nasty surprise when there was a jump scare, which caught her off guard, meaning that she visibly jumped and let out a small scream, to which Rika looked over at her, raising a brow.
After that Satoko focused in on the rest of the movie so she wouldn't get caught off guard and embarrass herself again.
At the end of the film to two left the theatre hand in hand Rika chuckling a little.
"I'm surprised at you, Satoko."
"Huh? Why?" Satoko glanced at Rika.
"You screamed at a jumpscare! That's really not what I expected from you!"
Satoko felt embarrassed and looked down. "I-" She narrowed her eyes. "I was detracted from the film and it caught me off guard, that's all!"
Rika looked at Satoko smugly. "What had you so distracted?" She intentionally bumped into Satoko and wiggled her brows which caused Satoko to laugh, flustered.
"Shut up!" Satoko bumped Rika back.
Rika laughed. "No, you're not getting out of this that easily, Satoko!"

The two returned home having laughed and talked the whole way back, it made Satoko feel fuzzy inside, having spent such a good day with Rika.
She never wanted the days like this to end, they were perfect...

AN: you can probably expect my next update to be sometime next weekend as I'm starting college on Monday and have know idea weather I'll be able to write during the week, I'll try to update as frequently as I can, though! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you in the next!