chapter 20

Rika pulled Satoko into a tight hug squeezing them both together as much as she possibly could without hurting Satoko's injured arm "Oh, Satoko..." Rika murmured softly.
"Ri-ka..?" Satoko mumbled still dazed as the memories of the horrible thing Satoko tried to do to herself slowly seeped back into her mind, she was over taken by guilt for her actions, she promised Rika she wouldn't...
Rika squeezed Satoko a little tighter. "I-I never thought I would hear your voice again..." Rika's voice sounded choked and Satoko could hear her sniffling. Clearly, she was crying.
Rika suddenly let out a sob holding Satoko tighter. "W-why..?
Satoko felt shame spread throughout her." I-I felt like I was only hurting you by being alive and-and I was worried that you and the others were secretly talking about hating me- I don't know why I-"
Rika sat on the edge of the bed giving Satoko a sympathetic look and placing a hand atop Satoko's, which she couldn't move but could feel Rika's contact with it. "Satoko... The others and I, we were talking about, uhm-" Rika paused fidgeting a little before signing heavily and continuing. "Listen, Satoko... I have something to tell you before that. Please listen and if you don't like this please don't let it make us any less close..."
Satoko nodded, curious about what Rika needed to say.
Rika looked Satoko directly in the eyes and began. "Satoko, I-I have, for a really long time now, had feelings for you, more than platonic feelings. Satoko, I'm in love with you, I want you to be my girlfriend and I want to hold and kiss you..." Rika gulped a little. "The others and I were discussing these feelings and they wanted to know how things were going with you..."
Satoko blinked a couple of times as the words slowly sunk in and began to make sense. Satoko suddenly understood what Rika was saying and was unable to prevent herself from bursting into tears. "R-Rika- Rika, I feel the same!" Satoko started uncontrollably crying and, soon, Rika was doing the same as they embraced again.
Rika pulled back a little gazing into Satoko's eyes. "Can I kiss you..? On the lips..?"
Satoko felt her face heat up at the question, barely able to process what was happening. She nodded a little closing her eyes and leaning towards Rika a little.
Soon, she felt a soft and warm sensation as Rika pressed her lips to her's. Rika gently pushed into the kiss a little more making Satoko's heart race and her stomach fill with butterflies.
Rika pulled away, her face slightly red and love in her eyes. "I love you, Satoko."
Satoko squirmed a little, shyly. "I love you too, Rika..."

AN: A short wholesome chapter. I just wanted the full chapter to be about thos event. (it's totally not because I'm so tired my eyes won't stay opwn-)