chapter 17

Finally, the commotion in the group calmed down and Satoko and Rika were allowed space to breath.
Rika spoke again hoping to explain the situation. "I just wanted to see what would happen if I did it, it was exactly what I had hoped for!" Rika chuckled giving Satoko a soft poke.
Satoko looked down dejectedly, was that really all? Was Satoko just imagining that there was any evidence Rika loved her back? Satoko shook her head, looking gloomy won't help, it'll only cause suspicion. Satoko set a fake smile upon her face before raising it towards the group, she didn't want people to realise what was going on in her head, that could only cause problems, right? The entire group was looking at Rika with suspicious expressions while Rika was sat there looking awkward, her face was slightly red.
Satoko blinked a couple times, was Rika... Blushing?
Satoko decided she wouldn't focus her mind on that, she'd only think herself in circles if she did.
Rika glanced at Satoko with an expression that read, 'please save me' so Satoko decided she would interject into the conversation. "Look, Rika was just playing around when she did that and plus, she's clearly not comfortable being interrogated like this, and nor am I, so, end of. No more difficult questions and pressure, okay?"
Rika smiled at Satoko thankfully, she smiled back feeling her face heat up a little, even from just being smiled at.
The rest of the group shifted a little looking apologetic, realising they had made the two they were questioning uncomfortable.
They began to eat the food that Rena had brought with her with much calmer conversation, allowing for a much more comfortable and friendly atmosphere, there were a couple jokes and explosions of laughter here and there but it stayed relatively calm.
..Which is surprising for this group.
As they all finished and were preparing to go home and helping Rena pack everything up, Satoko noticed that Rena pulled Rika aside and seemed to ask something quietly which, as the rest of the group were ducking in and adding stuff quietly, seemed to involve the whole group... But Satoko.
Satoko found herself eyeing up the rest of the group anxiety clawing at her chest as she watched them, what were they saying? Why wasn't she involved?
Satoko watched as Rika nodded before walking towards her, Rika approaching helped her feel a little more at ease but anxiety was still creeping around within her.
As Rika approached she spoke, "Hey, Satoko, I'm going to stay behind for a little bit, I have something I need to discuss with the others. You just head home without me, I'll be home before bed." Rika placed a hand tentatively on Satoko's shoulder making her realise she must have looked like she was about to explode at any moment.

Satoko let her face go a little softer before responding. "O-okay, please don't be too long." Satoko lowered her voice to a whisper, "You know I can't sleep without you..."
Rika pulled Satoko into a quick hug muttering "Alright, I'll be quick."
With that she let go and walked over to the rest of the group.
Satoko grimaced trying to figure out what was happening and why they all needed to talk without her, her mind was racing but not a single answer could come to her.
She sighed and started walking, a little way forward she looked back and caught eye contact with Rika who gave her a reassuring smile.

Satoko entered into the house, taking off her shoes and traipsing up the stairs, her mind had stopped racing and she was left feeling a kind of dull sadness, where they saying bad things about her? Advising Rika to stay away?
All that could come to Satoko's mind were the worst case scenarios and it just kept making her feel worse, she really was a burden on everyone around her, too insecure to deal with her friends talking without her.
As her mind was dwelling on such things her eyes locked onto a specific draw in the kitchen, the knife draw. She found herself staring at it almost entranced, she could cease to be such a burden if she so wanted...

Satoko shook her head, horrified at her own thoughts, this was nonsense, she didn't want that, she promised Rika!
She tore her eyes from the draw and entered into the main room, their futons were still set out on the floor, next to eachother, Satoko smiled, yeah, she promised Rika, she trusts Rika.

She flopped onto her side of the futon facing away from the entrance with her arm lay out before her, staring at her hand.
She wondered what they were talking about, maybe it was good? Satoko tried to override her doubts and worries, trying to think of the best case scenario, her face flushed as she thought about the fact Rika could be plotting some kind of confession but shook her head, she shouldn't think things like that, take every day as it comes, never assume.
Satoko stood up and decided to change before getting back into bet in the same position on her side, her mind running through fantasies of dating Rika, her face becoming more and more red.
Suddenly, Satoko was torn from her fantasies by the sensation of someone climbing into the futon behind her and wrapping their arms softly around her waist. "Hey, Satoko, I'm back." Rika's voice came softly from behind Satoko as she felt her press her face into the back of Satoko's neck, snuggling closer to her.
Satoko blushed heavily affectionately placing her hands on Rika's arms and snuggling backwards into her.
"Hello, Rika..." Satoko mumbled, yawning a little.
Rika chuckled giving Satoko a squeez. "Hehe, Satoko is the little spoon~."
Satoko felt her face heat up and she lifted Rika's arms so she could hide her face in them. "Shut up..."
"I knew you would be." Rika giggled snuggling into Satoko again.
Satoko sighed a little, embarrassed.

An: Hm, what do you think they wanted to talk to Rika about? Anyway, I hope that chapter was enjoyable! I'm going to be going to college soon so I might be a little slower on releasing chapters (Not that I've been particularly fast anyway XD) depending on the amount of work I have but I'll try to get stuff out at least once a fortnight, maybe once a week. Anywho, see you in the next chapter!