Chapter 3: Awkward Conversations

Willow tucked her phone back into her pocket and tried to breathe. Repeating She's Just a Girl in her head, as what Chase previously texted helped her feel more calm as she approached Sadie. "Do you want a drink?" asked the jittery brunette. "Yah water would be great, thanks!" Sadie gave a soft smile. Willow picked up the glass and placed it under the faucet filling the awkward silence between the two.

"I really like your name." Sadie blueted out. Willow caught on that she felt a bit nervous too, but it was weird, why was she? She's the celebrity here! "Aw thanks" Willow responded handing Sadie the glass. "It's my grandmother's name you might meet her today actually, she's the sweetest. Truthfully I've grown to like it more because it's the name of one of my favorite songs...". Sadie's eyes lit up and turned to the brunette "Willow By Taylor Swift that's my favorite too oh my god!" Willow excitedly laughed and took Sadie by the hand entering her bedroom.

"Woah you were not kidding." The ginger said in a mix of curiosity and awe. Willow's room had been decorated in a lot of Taylor Merch. Sadie picked up her signed folklore cd, "is this real?? Please tell me it is!! Holy shit." "Says the one who stared in All Too Well (Ten Minute Version)". Sades laughed and as Willow was about to ask Sadie her favorite Taylor album, Gaten barged in. "Uhhh" reading the room he saw Sadie with a slight blush on her face and smiled finishing his sentence "your mom wants you to help set up..." "oh yah ok bye Sades see you in a bit." said the brunette and walked to the kitchen to help with preparations.

"So you guys seem... close?" Gaten stated looking with a smirk at Sadie. "We just both like Taylor! Millie isn't the biggest Swiftie as know so it's nice to meet someone who gets it." Gaten gave a nod and began to type and as he did, Sadie's phone began to buzz.

Imessage

Chocolate Daddy Slay Group Chat(Finn⛄️, Millie🪷, Sadie👽, Gaten👾, Caleb😎, Noah 🍎)

(Finn⛄️, Millie🪷, Sadie👽,
Gaten👾, Caleb😎, Noah 🍎)

Gaten👾 is Typing...

Sades 👽
Plz do not listen to what this bafoon has to say rn

Gaten 👾
Ok harsh Sades. Anyways y'all know my cousin Willow, right? I've mentioned her before...

Mills 🪷
aw yes! The one Sadie followed after you posted that pic of y'all together last week. God she wouldn't shut up about Willow.

Gaten 👾
Say WHAT NOW?

And at that very moment both Sadie and Gaten looked up from their phones still in Willow's room. You know the saying: a picture is worth a thousand words? Well, the facial expression Sadie gave Gaten when she looked up was worth so much more than that. Her face was beaming red matching her hair and quickly she began letting her eyes wander, avoiding eye contact.

"So I'm guessing this means you like her?" said Gaten trying to act serious and contain his excitement at the same time. "Very funny Gaten" Sadie said still avoiding his gaze. Gaten smiled lightly and gave her a don't bullshit me look. However, Sadie was a hard one to crack. She never revealed feelings unless she knew they were 100% reciprocated. Gaten leaned back and was now laying on Willow's bed. "Its ok if you do I'm not... homophobic or anything." Gaten reassured quickly. "Gaten I love you, but I don't like your cousin... also what an ally!!" she stated was heavy sarcasm.

Gaten laughed feeling more relaxed staring at the ceiling: "ok phew uh but if you ever change your mind I'm an awesome wingman! I think you guys would be cute together." Sadie looked her at shoes with admiration and responded "Whatever you say Gaten" smiling softly. Sadie pondered the idea of holding the same hand that tied her shoes not even 20 mins before. Then she realized she felt this way because she liked Willow in a way more than friends kinda way.... SHIT.