Chapter 2: Hitting Home

I took the jet back to my place back in New York, even though my house was in a great deal of space, it had suddenly felt dark and cold, so I rushed over and turned on the heating. I walked over to my fridge and saw the photo of my niece, Neve. I had a sudden flashback of when this photo was taken, it was on her 5th birthday, and I remember when she told me that I was her favourite uncle. But instead of laughing at her knowing that I was her only uncle, I smiled at her compliment and squeezed her tight. Now she's going to be a first grader, and studying the world with her tiny brain, jeez where's the time gone? I made some crêpes and while they were cooking, I took the time to call mum and let her know that I had made it home. "Uh, hey mum it's me Marshall- yeah I made it home in one piece."- "Oh you know the weather's ok, breezy and fresh, how's dad?"- "Alright well take care, goodnight love you." I quickly slammed the phone down and tendered to my burnt through crepes. "Uh shit, isn't there anything that I don't burn?" I flipped the crepes onto my plate and switched the T.V onto the sports channel. 

Our San Fran 49's weren't on so I flipped onto the movie channel, damn tevo doesn't have anything good lately.I chucked my plate into the sink and got ready for bed, I had a quick shower and the next thing I knew I was out. I woke up early hours of the morning I woke to a horrible dream, that I was alone, old, wrinkly and grey, working for my father's company. Is that how it does actually end? What if my dad ends up like that? The thoughts were overtaking me, like a Gran Prix was going on inside my head, so I ran to my medicine cupboard and took some anti-anxiety pills. I first started taking them, when someone from the paparazii shoved a camera right near me, and I freaked out completely, I was 9, and now I'm 22 and still taking them. I'm actually suprised the media haven't found out about this yet, I mean this would be like giving a tied up goat to a tiger, that's why my parents are strictly hushed about it, and for them not knowing and like keeping it that way.

I chucked on a linen shirt and left my boxers on, I pondered back over to the fridge for an early morning snack. I grabbed some whipped cream and jumped onto the couch, whilst flicking through the channels, all they had on were shows about happy families and painful reminders of how alone and miserable my life was starting to become. It got so bad, that I settled on watching a Disney movie classic The Fox and the Hound, it reminded me of Felix and I, back when we were in bording school together, always bending the rules to the limit. The pills had made me so drowsy, that I had fallen asleep with my left arm and leg hanging of the side of the couch, I was woken up to the sound of a lound knocking on my door.

"Ugh, shiiit.." I held my head and squinted my eyes. *THUD, THUD, BANG!* "YEAH HOLD ON I'M COMING! Jeez!" I fumbled up onto my feet and stumbled to answer the door. "Huh..? Dad what a suprise.. what brings you here?" I rubbed my eyes. "Well, can you let your father in first, and for god sake son put some pants on!" He turned his head away at the sight of my boxers. "Fine, but I've got a door bell you know.." I complained.  I grabbed my board shorts off a chair and shoved them on, I walked back to the lounge room, to find my dad already making himself comfortable. "Well then, would you like some coffee?" I scratched my head. "Well If that fancy coffee machine of yours can make a cappicino, then I would be merry.." He clasped his hands together.