Chapter 3: The Beach Party

Sure enough Felix's "Epic" beach house party was happening tonight, so I packed a day bag with a towel and some extra clothes from the family home. But just before I was about to leave, my parents decided to have a talk with me, at the last minute I should've seen this coming. "Ugh, what is it now I've gotta be at the hamptons by 7:30, and my flight is in 15.." I told Phillip to cut the engiene off. "I know, I know, but if you don't know now, you're probably never going to.." She begged. "Uhh, fine but make it quick please.." I stormed back into the house, to find dad already sitting down in the lounge room. "Sit, now.." He ordered firmly, and pointed his boney finger to the couch. To tell you the truth, he is actually what the media makes him out to be, an influential, greedy tycoon of a business man, who runs his family with an Iron fist.

"Now Marshall as you know our family has been running the Annual Dinner Function for decades now, and it is almost time for this years." She emphasised as if to reveal the president was coming.  "Yes mother, I'm the one that had to run around, smile and look pretty for everyone remember?" I said defensively. "Well, I'm sorry that we like to be proud, and show off our wonderfull sons to everyone.." She snapped bitterly. "I'm sorry, look I do really have to go, so can you please just cut to the point.." I sighed. "Alright well, your father and I just wanted to see someone with you, that you're not going to toss out the next morning, just look at your brother and how happy he is.." She couldn't help it, that's all she does is compare me to Weis, and there's nothing that I hate more.  "We just don't want you to be lonely anymore, I mean sure a one night stand kind of date can fix that all up, but maybe it's time to start a new life Marshall.." She sighed and put her hand threw my hair, kissed me on the cheek and walked out.

I didn't really care about what my mother said, there's nothing wrong with the way I live, besides i'm 22 for freaks sakes I have plenty of time to start my so called "fulfilled life". I planted it and no thanks to my parents, had about 20mins to make it, and it's about a 40min flight. When I made it to the aiport, good old Phillip was trying to get out my day bag himself. "It's ok Phil, don't worry I've got this.." I patted him on the back and ran for the jet. I knew that Felix wouldn't be happy but, he knows how my family works, so he would understand or at least try to. After flying for 40mins I finally touched down in the Hamptons, irreatable and exhausted. I hired a rental for the meantime, it turned out to be an Audi A3, a chick car, great i'm never going to hear the end of this from Felix. I made it to his beach house at around 8'oclock, which meant that I was half an hour late, I quickly grabed the bottle of wine from the backseat, and held my blazer in my mouth while I locked the car.

With quick ring of the doorbell, I heard a thunderous sound of feet coming to the door. "Marshall dude! What took you so long?" He stared at me with disbelief that I, his best friend would be the last guest to arrive. "Sorry man, you know how my fam is, always dropping things on you at the last minute.." I sighed. "Well don't worry about that now, you're here man, now the real party can start!" He grabbed my shoulders playfully and marched me to the kitchen. "Now there's a certain person who's been wanting to meet you.." He yelled to me above the noise of the blasting music. Eventually we made it through the throng of bodies that litered his loungeroom and to the kitchen, where I saw one the most beautiful woman that I have seen standing before me. "Babe! I would like you to officially meet Marshall!" He yelled. "Nice to meet you! Officially.." She laughed and kissed me on the cheek. "Anistasia right?" I questioned loudly. "Yeah, thanks for remembering! You know, you actually look alot taller in person, then on T.V.!" She laughed even more. "Well he's gotta store all his ego somewhere right..?" Felix pulled me under is arm. "C'mon, time for the speech Marshall!" He announced suddenly.

He ran upstairs with Anistasia and whistled to grab everyone's attention. "Hey everyone, are you all havin' a good time?" He couldn't keep the smile off his face. They all yelled a big fat "YEAH!!" and some people whistled back. "That's what i'm talking about! Now to everyone who is here tonight, I want to say thank you for coming and drinking all my booze! But I want to make a special announcement!" He tapped his glass of champagne and pulled Anistasia to his hip. "This extrodinary woman of mine, whom I love unconditionally. I know that you share the same passion, all I want to do is make you happy and so i've decided that.." and then all of a sudden everyone kind of gasped and started talking amounst each other or yelling out. He knelt down and pulled out what was obviously an engagement ring, but it turned out to be a key to his house. "Anistasia Pulverato, will you let me make you a happy woman, and move in with me?" He looked so serious it was just hilarious for the moment, everyone else thought it was just as hilarious. "Yes, haha.." She laughed and jumped up to kiss him.I almost had a heart attack in thinking that he was going to propose, but should've known Felix is not the type of person to 'Marry'.

He walked down the stairs with Anistasia over his shoulder, screaming for him to put her down. "Incoming!!" He yelled and some dudes sprayed her with crazy string and sprinkled her with glitter. She all thought it to be a joke and laughed until she had tears running down her face. While they were 'welcoming her into the family', Felix took the time to talk to me alone. "Nicely done, I must admit very impressed.." I laughed and he punched me in the shoulder, we sat down on the beach that backed onto his house. "Do you think it was the right thing to do?" He suddenly felt angsty. "Nah dude, it was a classic moment, you should be proud." I laughed. "I really do love her, but not like that yet.." He sighed. "Well yeah, of course man, I haven't given any girl the keys to my house, except for my mother." We both laughed at my remark. "But dude i'm serious, I don't want to lose her, she not like any other girl." He sounded anxious. "Felix, chillout she's not gonna leave you, besides I can already see that she loves you too just as much." I smiled and pushed him in the back. "'C'mon I'm gonna get some sleep, while you should get ready to sleep, if you know what I mean." I winked at him and shoved him, which sent him running after me into the house.