Chapter 14: The Moment She Returned

As I was tossing and turning on whether or not to drown myself in the pool, I heard a voice that made my heart jackhammer, one that was recognisable in an instant. "Is it that bad huh?" She smiled at me with her head leaned to the side. My head snapped up and I thought I was going to cry I was just that relieved to see her, I rushed over to her and without thinking, I hugged her so tightly that it didn't occur to me that I might be suffocating her. "Ooooff, well I guess it really is that bad..." She let out. "I missed you, soo soo much.." I held her closer. "I thought you would.." She giggled lightly. "I'm sorry, I'll never hurt you again, I promise.." I held my face close to her neck. "Well a promise is a promise, and I made one to you.." She spoke softly into my ear. "I thought you were gone for good.. I-" I blabbed on. "Shhh, hey I'm here now aren't I?" She assured me by hugging me back tighter. "Are you?" I held her out in front of me, and I must say she looked even better than all of the women combined, she looked just as I had pictured her to be; perfect. 

"Dance?" She gestered. "Sure." I agreed and for the first time tonight with a genuine smile. She took my hand and I followed her to the floor, then she stopped and held her hands up with mine. I carefully placed one hand on her lower back and she did the same, soon enough we were in amongst the prudes, but I didn't care because I was with the most extroadinary girl, and I had all my attention on her. "You look beautiful tonight Scar.." I looked at her and into her eyes. "Well you don't look so bad yourself, nice comb-over by the way.." She giggled. "I know, very funny.. but it's the new look I'm going for now." I looked around and noticed that my parents were dancing together, like they were on their honeymoon, which made me feel even more happy, to see them actually display their love. 

"Everything ok?" She looked up at me. "Yeah, it is now.." I looked back at her and I thought I had to let her know, what I should've said before she left. "Scar, there's something I've got to tell you.." I twirled her around and she came back to me. "What is it?" She started to move a bit more casually. I sighed and.. "I didn't buy you, I never could, and never will.." She stopped and let go of my hand. "Then how did you..?" She looked confused. "Had to do some favors for other people, and a lot of begging.." I snickered. "Seriously?" She couldn't believe it. "Yes because you're priceless, no money could buy you, it's your trust Scarlett that is worth earning." I couldn't believe what I was saying now. Without any warning, she was kissing me and holding me close to her, I closed my eyes and gently held her face, feeling her smooth skin, her moist lips. 

We got interrupted by my parents who were now, dancing beside us. "Marshall! Oh, Scarlett dear, when do you come by?" My mother instantly got into a happier mood. "Hi Mrs. Barclay and Mr.-" But she soon got interrupted by my father. "Please call us by our names Scarlett dear, you've known us long enough now!" Dad chuckled, who I think has had quite a bit to drink, along with my mother. "Alright well it was nice meeting you both!" She laughed, but I could see she was a bit embarrased, by the red in her cheeks. "You too! Good on you son!" My father grabbed my shoulders and pat me on the back. "Are they usually like this?" She laughed and pointed back at them. "Nope not at all, I should give them wine and champagne more often.." I joked. I noticed that Scarlett was looking over at me, biting her lip, now I know it's a cliche, but it really is extremely attractive when a girl does it. 

Right now I'm fighting the urge not to just make love to her, I can feel my body heating up like the Human Torch from Fantastic 4 (Don't judge me, I still love those movies). She moves over to me and holds me close again, she grabs my tie and gently pulls me down to her face. "Let's go somewhere private.." She said in a husky voice, her breath warm against my ear. "There's the pool house.." I said to her on a low voice. "Perfect.." She said with a grin and kissed me again. She grabbed my hand and again I followed her, we were stopped by Victor one of dad's business partners, sort of like another uncle. "In a hurry are we?" He laughed and winked at me. "I- uh... I'll talk to you later Vic ok?" I yelled out to him, as I got pulled again by Scarlett.