Chapter 5: Changing Minds

When I finally arrived home it was like I hadn't slept at all, Phillip walked me to the house because he was weary about me stacking it at any moment. Never mind that though I dumped my bag onto the floor and then fell onto my bed without any effort. It was around 4 o'clock in the afternoon and I was already in bed from being just so emotionally tired and strained. I got woken up from the phone going crazy, at first I just let it go through, turns out it was just mum, reminding me of her proposition from earlier. "Uh, mum I thought we went over this.." I sighed. "I know that, but I really want you to seriously consider this Marshall, why don't you go out and meet some new people." She persuaded. "Mum, I am really tired right now, can we please talk about this later.." I put my head into my hand and shook my head. "No, this is something that can't be avoided Marshall, it's not just something to put aside and then only to play games instead." She insisted. "Look, I appreciate it what you're trying to do for me mother, but just let me live my life and make my way by myself. I love you, bye." Then I hung up the phone and went back to bed. 

After visiting the toilet, I couldn't go back to sleep, I was just so full in thought that it kept me wide awake. During my thoughts, I thought about actually checking out this website, just to shut up my parents and possibly Felix. So I walked up to my computer but hesitated, then I started pacing back and forth thinking whether this would benifit me at all, after what seemed like hours of pacing I finally maned up and went on the website. It looked alot like a dating website, for instance trying to find 'your matches' and if their personality is what you're looking for. Even though I do have a rep for sleeping with alot of women, I do have a type of girl that I have always wanted, one that is naturally humerous, knows how to keep a conversation going, is adventureous, but most of all understands me for who I really am, not for what everyone wants me to be.

I put in my prefrences in the drop down boxes, and it came up with 'my matches', to be honest I was shocked to see the most smoking hot women ever, all on this website, I was kicking myself that I hadn't found out about it sooner. I grabbed a mixed vodka from the fridge and kept sifting through, until one profile stood out, and I mean stood out I nearly choked to death. I couldn't believe what I was seeing before me, at first it was just my eyes playing tricks on me, but to my misfortune they weren't. The profile was of my childhood friend Scarlett , she obviously looked alot older and looked amazing, no, god why am I thinking like this, I quickly got out of it and jumped spastically away from the computer. I sat on the edge of the couch staring at the computer, thinking why the hell would Scarlett get into something like this? She seemed so innocent back then, and that's what I liked about her and now I  just don't what to think of her. I got a call from Felix to say that he had training, so we had to cancel our assassin's creed marathon and change it for another day, damn Felix and his football career.

That meant I had time, to look at some old photos and stuff, from when Scarlett and I were the closest of friends. Man I used to look at these all the time, when it was hard to cope without having your closest friend there with you, but she probably would've left anyway from the jerk that I have become now. After awhile of looking at the photos, I couldn't help but think that maybe in some messed up way, this was a sign that I was meant to see her again. I went back onto the website and looked it up, sure enough her profile was real, so I clicked on the "Hire." button.  I never thought that I would see her again, let alone "pay" to have her as my girlfriend. At first I was feeling excited and nervous at the same, but then I had a look around and at my life, and all the publicity that my family has, I didn't want to put her through that. So now here I was sitting by a window getting ahead of myself, and having no idea what's going to happen next.