Chapter 11: Prep Time!

'Sorry about before, it's just- there's alot of pressure you know..?' I played with my helmet. 'Look I will try and help you out if you want, but that's only until the party then I have to be on my way..' She walked over to me, within reaching distance. Once she had reminded me that she couldn't be here, I felt like I wanted to pull her closer and not let her go, but I could never do that, I'm too weak. 'C'mon let's go..' I broke the silence and hopped on the bike to start it up. The ride home seemed to go alot more fast paced and chaotic just like my mind, I kept telling myself to forget about the fact the Scarlett would have to leave, and try to focus on the dinner function. Once we had pulled up into the drive it would have been around a good 3 o'clock to 3:30ish, I grabbed the remote from my Bike jacket and zapped the garage door. 

I was completely unaware that Scarlett had fallen asleep during the ride home, so I sat there for a good minute trying not disturb her, I turned off the engiene and gently pulled her arms, that were wrapped around my waist. She lightly murmured and moaned whilst shifting herself, jeez i'm going to be here forever I thought, then I moved really quickly whilst holding her upright, and turned out to just work, in the meantime stubbing my foot on one of the cars wheels. 'Ughh, shiit..' I gritted my teeth, but still managed to hold Scarlett still. 'Come on..' I sighed as I lifted her off the bike and then take her down to the guest room, which has sort of become her own personal room, but I don't mind if it's her. As I carried Scarlett, I looked down at her face occasionally and studied her features, with a her soft milky skin down to the bridge of her well shaped nose, never before had she looked so intriguing and yet beautiful in my eyes. I still had the hallway to walk down to, to reach the guest bedroom, so I made a rational decision to put her in my room instead.

Once I had reached my bedroom door I awkwardly pulled down the handle and nudged it open with my foot, I quickly but carefully walked to my bed and layed her down. As I did, she had murmured meaningless words and rolled over onto her side, I had tried my best not to laugh and I slowly took off her heels and placed them bedside the bed, I looked up to find her sort of quietly whimpering as she slowly breathed in and out, in a synchronised rythmn, which I thought was cute.  I grabbed the quilt from underneath her and pulled on top of her, without me realising it, I could feel myself leaning in to kiss her on the head, but I stopped midway and quickly pulled back and tucked in the quilt instead. I smiled but it soon faded and I walked out when I heard Scarlett whisper my name. 'Maarrshall..?' She murmured. I quietly quickened my pace and bolted for the door, then shut it behind me, I leaned against it and sighed heavily. What am I doing? Was all I could think to myself, and all that I knew was that I didn't want Scarlett to leave, but I just couldn't bring myself to let her go.

I decided that it was probably best to give my parents house a call, and to prep for the the family's annual dinner. I picked up the phone with a sigh and dialed their number, *Bleep, Bleep...BleepI could hear the dial tone go through, and my mum picked up. 'This is the Barclay residence, speaking..?' She asked. 'Ah hey mum it's Marshall, look I'm calling up to help with the dinner..' I scratched the back of my neck. 'Well it's about time Marshall, your father and I along with Weis have been doing all the setting up ourselves..you are apart of this family are you not..?' She talked down to me like always. 'Yes mum, much to my dismay...' I muttered. 'What was that..?' She snapped. 'Look what do you need help with, and what time should I come around..?' I sighed with annoyance. 'Well I believe there are more flower bouquets that need to be ordered, I would like you to be here close to 10 tomorrow..' She recited to me. 'Ok fine, i'll be there see you then mum, bye.' I sighed heavily again as I put down the phone. 

After I had got dressed and grabbed my keys, I stood in the kitchen for about a good minute figuring out whether or not if I should wake Scarlett up, but in the end I thought of having the decency to let her sleep in. So I grabbed some paper and wrote her note: