Chapter 8: The In-Laws

When we got back to the car she asked me where we were heading to, I told her Beverly Hills, with an eyebrow raise she simply sighed 'Okay then..' and started the car up and we were on the road again. With a couple of finger points and gestures, we had made it to my brother Weis's house. 'Wooww, your family really does like the whole living rich lifestyle...' She marvelled his house. 'I know it hit me too, when I first saw it, but trust me you get used to it after awhile.' I laughed. 'Nope still not used to it..' She decided. 'C'mon, hahaha..' I pulled her towards the front gate. 'Maybe we should've driven up to the gate..? That would've made alot more sense..' She looked at me.. 'We're in the safest part of Beverly Hills, don't worry my car isn't going to get stolen..' I laughed. 'I meant there is a gate we could've driven through instead of walking up this long ass driveway of your brother's...' She sighed. 'What don't you like a bit of hike..' I grinned at her. 'Don't be a smartass ok...' 

I pressed the button on the intercom, so that Janeane could let us through. 'Hey Janeane, we're here..' I smiled back at Scarlett. 'Alright, come on through Marshall..' With that the giant gates slowly opened with a buzz. Once we were about halfway up, I saw Scarlett lagging a bit, so I thought I should give her a little boost. 'C'mon it will all be worth it once we get to the top, trust me Janeane makes the best lemon, lime and bitters you have ever tried.' I gestured. 'You better be right, or I swear to god your so gonna get it once we leave..' She warned me sarcastically. Once we had reached the top I pulled Scarlett towards the door, I looked at her one last time and she nodded her head as if to answer my question about ringing the doorbell. Then with a swift opening of the door she welcomed me with a tight hug and 'Nice to see you, about time you came around..' Then I introduced Scarlett to Janeane and she then gave Scarlett one as well. 'Please come in, i'll just get Neve for you..' She smiled. 'Who's Neve..?' She stood there confused. 'Ha you'll see, just you wait..'

'UNCLE MARTIL!!! UNCLE MARTILL!!' She came running from no-where and ran right into me. 'Haha hey, how's my girl going?' I pinched her nose, which made her giggle and wriggle. 'Guess what I made, I-I made some cupcakes!!' She squealed. 'Really no way! What flavour are they?' I asked with suprise. 'Dey are stawberry with spinkles, mummy helped me cook dem.' She patted my shoulders. 'Woow you're very lucky aren't you, hey Neve, there's a very special friend of mine, do you want to meet her?' I asked cheerfully. 'YESS!! YESS!!' She squealed again. 'Woow!! Ok let's go and see her.' I picked her up and walked to the door where Scarlett was waiting. 'Neve meet Scarlett, Scarlett meet Neve my niece..' I lowered her down and she held my hand. 'Awww she's shy, it's ok I don't bite..' Scarlett bent down on her knees, and put her hand out ready for a handshake. Neve looked at her hand then looked up at me. 'It's ok, you can give her handshake..' I nodded. Then with hesitation she stopped holding onto her dress then gave her a handshake. 'See Scarlett's a nice friend, why don't you make her some tea?' I smiled. 

Then Scarlett gave me a confused look and I mouthed "pretend" to her, then she nodded and walked off with Neve pulling her hand. I walked into the kitchen where I found Janeane already pouring glasses of her 'Famous" drink into glasses. 'Janeane..' I sighed. 'What? Don't tell me you just came over to see Neve, I know it was for this as well..' She laughed while looking at the jug of bitters. 'You know me too well..' I sighed. 'So what's the story..' She smiled at me. 'What are you getting at?' I asked, but I knew exactly what she was getting at. 'Well tell about your lovely friend..' She sipped on a glass. 'Scarlett's a childhood friend, Weis knows her..' I answered honestly. 'That's nice, so are you guys..?' Woop there it is.. 'No, no it's not like that trust me..' I was quick to respond. 'But there's something going on..' She eyed me. 'No, look it's a long story to tell for another time, listen i'm just going to use the bathroom..' I interupted. 'Okay, but don't be long, because i've got the meringue out..' She yelled. 

I came back out to see them all outside, Jeanane was prepping the meringue on the deck table, while Scarlett was being entertained by Neve near the pool. 'Looks like Scarlett's gone to the dark side..' I gestured over to Neve. 'Oh don't say that, she just likes to meet new people..' Janeane smiled.. 'She gets that trait from her mother...' I laughed. 'Hey!! Come here you little..' She laughed and ran after me with the hand towel. 'Help!! The big bad wolf is after meee!!!' I yelled. Which made Neve and Scarlett laugh hysterically, I went straight for Neve's play house and shut the door.  'Can't come in..' I poked my tongue out.. 'Don't worry, I'll just wait until you come out..' Then she poked her tongue back at me. 'Uncle Martil, can you pwease come out, i'm hungry and we can't eat until you sit wif us..' She jumped up and down. 'Ok, ok, but is the big bad wolf gone?' I asked. 'It's safe..' She laughed and Scarlett did too when I crawled out of the door. 'Great form, well done.' She clapped her hands with amusement. 'Huh, thanks..' I almost blushed for a sec there.