Chapter 12: Finding Scarlett

While I was sitting down in that armchair, in that split second I knew that I shouldn't be sitting around and feeling sorry for myself, like I usually do. It was the second when I had made my first leap-of-faith decision, and that was to go after the girl of dreams, the only person who never gave up on me, when everyone else did. I dashed for the note left behind from Scarlett and any keys that I could grab first,  ran into the driveway and pressed the button,  the lights to my Jaguar XFR lit up. Of course I had plenty of ideas where she would be or where she was heading, but I looked at the note and took a it as a wild card and went straight for her work building. Traffic seemed to be going my way, which was a sign to me that I should keep going no matter what. I knew from the website that the business HQ is in the financial district somewhere just outside of L.A., and if I had wanted to catch up to her, I knew that I had to speed a little more, and this time I had a reason to. After a couple of near misses and collisions, I had made it to the HQ.

From the outside it just looked like an old crummy building, but once you had walked inside it was a completely different environment. Everything was modern, clean and neat, and had a nice smell to it, almost like those little car fresheners that you can buy. I cleared my throat and walked up to the desk, where a nice young looking woman, with pearl blonde hair was sitting patiently. She quickly and gracefully acknowledged me with a bright wide smile. "Afternoon Sir, what can I do for you..?" She said with an aora that was instantly soothing. "Um, i'm after Scarlett Vecks, is she still here..?" Jesus I was already starting to sound desperate. "Sure I'll just page her, what was your name..?" She came back to me. "Uh never mind, it's was sort of a surprise... but thanks anyways..." I sighed and slowly trudged toward the door. "Wait!!" She came running after me. "Yes..?" I grew with hope again. "I now remember that she was in about an hour ago, and getting ready for a flight..." She skimmed through her memory. "Oh, did she say where..?" My tone dropped.  "Sorry that's all I can remember, are you sure you don't want me to leave her a message..?" She turned back. 

That's it then, this is what Karma feels like, and to have the one gone from your life once more. To be honest it sucked... it had felt like someone had shoved their hand down my throat, and my gut was twisted into such tight knots that it would soon tear. I sunk in the driver's seat and for the first time in my life, I had felt like a real human being, one with emotions, yet for the wrong reasons. The tears just came pouring out, and I had begun to hammer my fist on the steering-wheel out of frustration. "Why..?" Was all I had kept saying to myself. Eventually I grew enough courage to drive back home, in utter silence, no radio whatsoever. I had reached my driveway when I saw Felix's car parked in it, "This outta be interesting..." I sighed and pulled it into the garage. I held it open so Felix could come in. There was an awkward silence for a couple of minutes before Felix spoke. "Marsh, what's going on man..? Are you having some troubles..? Coz' you know I would help you with anything.." He sounded sincere. "I'm fantastic, really super right now... you know what do feel like a beer coz I really feel like one..?" I laughed sarcastically. "Marshall I don't think you need it right now.." He stopped me. "Well what do I need Felix... it certainly isn't what everyone thinks I need.." I waved my arms about.  

"I'm gonna go ahead and guess, that I know what this is about..." He questioned.. "Oh come on, Felix it's fucking obvious isn't..?!" I yelled and flopped onto the couch. "Oh.... is it safe to ask what happened..?" He joined me. "Haha that's the point nothing did, you know why...? Me happened that's what..." I buried my head into the pile of cushions. "That's not true, I know and could see that's it's different with you two.." He said it flat out, like it was obvious. "Can we just focus on the Dinner please... since that's..." - "Tomorrow.." We both said at the same time. Holy shit, it's tomorrow, and the only thing I have done is hung up lights.... I'm soo done for. "That's right, so you better be there, with a bright smile..." He nudged my shoulder. "Ughhhh..." I groaned in frustration, I knew if he didn't leave soon, the tears were gonna come again.

"That's it I'm staying..." He jumped back on my other couch. "You're what!?" Dude.. can't you see I'm not really the one for company right now..." I chucked a cushion at him. "I'm not gonna lie, I have no idea how to get her back, I guess that's up to you... but I know that you really do love her..." He looked down at the cushion and played around with it. "Really..?" I rolled over and looked at him. "Dude I envy the connection that you two share! I guess you two both have personal issues to deal with, but none-the-less you can see the way you both look at each other, it's crazy! Because that's also the way I look at Anistasia." Who knew Felix is a real softy, he's never been this deep before.. Instead I just continued to bury my head in the couch and stay quiet, he sighed and kneeled down beside me. "Look, I know it will get better, but you've gotta trust that my man, you two have been through too much to part now.." He patted me on the back and declared he was going to have a shower. 

Without realising it I fell asleep on the couch, I lazily sat up and rubbed my eyes with the palm of my hand. I looked at the clock and my eyes widened when I saw it was close to 4 in the morning. I had instantly thought of waking up Felix to go for an early morning cafe run, but I took the decency of going solo. I grabbed my keys and again waited for one to unlock, it had started becoming a habit now not giving a crap my cars, perhaps now I've been paying attention to something and someone who is much more valuable to me; Scarlett. Jesus, she's singed into my brain forever it's meant to be, I'm meant to be tortured like this, I've finally welcomed karma and it's beauty of being truly effective. 

Girlfriend For Hireजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें