Chapter 10: A Day Out

I was going to meet up with Felix as I had promised, and this time I had decided to bring Scarlett along and introduce her to him. It looked like another promising day in Malibu with it predicted to be sunny with a cloudy overcast, but hey you can't complain I mean it's vertially sunny everyday here. But this time I thought I would give her a special suprise before we left. I was in getting dressed when I had thought of the idea, I chucked on my rugby polo and called out to Scarlett. 'Eyy SCAR!!' I cupped my hands to extend it through the long hallway. Hmm no answer, maybe she didn't hear me so I had thought nothing of it, kept walking until I had knocked on the guest bedroom door. Still no answer, ok what the hell was going on here. I took a deep breath in and opened the door. 'RAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!' Scarlett jumped out and screamed out of no where. I had completely freaked and stubbed my foot on the end of the bed.'Ahahahha, oh my god you're such a scared little girl, you should've seen your face!!' She collapsed on the bed in a laughing fit.

'Hey shut-up I am not! and don't do that! Ugh fuck that hurt!' I sat on the floor nursing my foot. 'Shit are you ok..?' She still laughed while drapping herself over the end of the bed. 'So do you do this to everyone still? I'd thought you'd be over doing that..' I hissed as I rubbed my foot. 'Awww, I probably should kiss it better, but since it's your foot that would be disgusting...' She laughed again. 'I'm fine thanks, look I was coming over to show you something, but I guess I probably shouldn't now..' I sighed sarcastically. 'No, i'm sorry but you can't say that to to someone especially me and then not do it.. it's like eating food in front of your dog and making them watch..' She scattered off the bed and sat in front of me. 'Really is that what you think..? Well maybe I can forgive you this time, but just a tip I am the master ninja at scaring people, I even have a medal to prove it..' I leaned in and whispered to her. 'NO WAY!! Are you serious!?' She looked like she had been totally bitch-slapped. 'Yep, betcha you're so jealous right now... I can just feel your razor eyes incinerating my core... ooohh it's making flustered...' I flapped my collar to gesture it.

'Shut-up you're such a humongous tattle-tail!!' She threw a pillow at me. 'I guess I can show it to you later, but you have to promise that you'll be nice to me..' I smirked at her. 'Ugh so weak, I see we're using blackmail as a weapon now..' She threw another pillow and giggled at me. 'Well if you want that suprise you'll have to follow me this way miss..'  I lingered near the doorway and slowly walked down the hallway, I could soon hear the sound of her footsteps following not far behind me. 'Hey what is this suprise that you speak of, fess up buddy.. you know how I hate suspense..' She poked me in the chest. 'I know that's why I can't take you to the movies..' I said it outright with a smirk, then as soon as she caught on she pushed me in the chest. 'Hey, shut-up you...' She laughed. 'Come this way..' I got the keys to the garage. 'Jeez you're so persistant on killing me aren't you..?' She sniggered. 'Shhh you, come on you'll like this one..' I finally opened the door. 

I walked over to the other end of the garage, and and for the first time in a long time the cars didn't mean anything to me, but only what I was going to retrieve next did. 'What are you doing..?' She sounded as if she wasn't sure herself, as to why she was in here. Instead I waited next a large object the had a large tarpe covering it. 'Now what i'm about to show you, I haven't shown to absolutely anyone..' I exhaled nervously. 'Okkaaay.. now what is this magician about to reveal..?' She giggled at her own joke, I love it when she does that, even if they are really bad and corny. I quickly took off the tarpe and signalled for her to stand back from the all the dust. When it cleared she gasped and cupped her hands to her mouth. 'Ooohh myy goshh, is that..?' She grabbed my arm. 'Yep the orginal Kawasaki W800.. just like-' I was about to finish when Scarlett continued. '..the one that my father used to ride, I just can't believe you managed to get one..' She covered he mouth and gasped.

You see this moment is a big deal, because her father had a bike just like this one, and I'd remember he would ride it everywhere, in fact he cherished it so much that his car was actually rusted. That is until one night during autumn, it was bucketing with rain, and it was during a particular time when Scarlett and I had an arguement, so I wasn't there. Her father simply went out just to get her more supplies for school, then he had lost control of his bike and it had spun off the side of the freeway. She had instantly thought the worst, and I had found out by the Sherrif who is a family friend. From that moment I didn't know what to think, all I knew was that I had to be with her. But what makes it even more special was when I had arrived in the E.R unit, I would never forget the look in her face, I had cried instantly and I rushed right up to her and hugged her as tight as I could.