Chapter Two

🦋🦋🦋🦋
~~ HANEEFAH

I woke up said my Fajr prayer read my Qur'an and I decided to sleep back. It was already Friday morning I decided to send all my contacts list: "jummat Mubarak message" it's a tradition for me .

I dropped my phone and go make breakfast it was already 8:20am I went to the kitchen boiled water for bread and tea.
I love cooking so much, "I think sandwich will be better" I said to Myself.

I decided  to go greet my parents
"Saalam alaikum",I said
"Waalaikum saalam"
They both chroused. I knelt down  and got  their blessings .

Immediately I swept and tidied up the house, served my parents breakfast, took care of the dishes and I went back to my room.

I quickly took my bath and used my favourite strawberry soap, ya Alim got it for me from Togo, it was one of a kind. When I was done I sat on my bed applied "cocoa butter lotion" , and then I destroyed my wardrobe as usual all for the sake of looking for my maroon hijab, I got ready and my dad drove to us to the mosque for jummat prayer.

Immediately we got back, I slept my life off, I needed my beauty sleep badly

I woke up to the sound of my dad calling me  "Haneefah, Haneefah!!!!!".

~^~

"Yesssssssss daddy "I said I am coming. I ran to the parlour and I glanced at the wall clock it was Already 6:21pm, "subhanallah " I said to myself I haven't prayed Asr now it'll soon be time for Maghrib .

my subconscious suddenly said to me you see these are the things you do that makes God not want to answer your prayer, I ignored the voice and looked at my father who has been asking me some sort of questions.

i looked at him dumbfounded he just nod his head and asked me again , "do you know jamb registration has started" my father began with

"oh " ! Was all I could say, I knew where this conversation was leading too already. He then started ,"Sit down ,Haneefah let's talk ,your mother and I as decided you retake this jamb again " daddy said to me .

   "But daddy" I was about to say

he then looked at me and said "don't but me, I understand how you feel but please just take it let's be on the safer side, you know with all these Asuu( Academic staff university union) strike only God knows when it will end ".

"I am not even sure of the KASU you applied for last year, the people I am talking to are saying it's very competitive and it's getting harder day by day".

   "Okay" was the only response I could give

"InshaAllah on Monday your uncle Mr Bello will come and take you to where you'd register" my dad said looking at me with pity, I just nodded and ran into my room, bursted into another rain of tears I was so tired and frustrated at this point I didn't know what to do. Here I was writing jamb for the 5th time in my life.

~^~

I looked at myself in the mirror I was a caramel girl not too fair nor was I dark, beautiful no doubt, I had these set of beautiful eyes everyone always admire and this carefree attitude. I didn't look my age sincerely majority of people thought I was 15, although I was tall but I was also very slim .

My parents always say age is nothing but a number

I am only lucky I finished high School very early, Alhamdulilah.

"but c'mon I would be 20 this year's November, after finishing school 2018 what have I achieved?" I said to myself , yet I have achieved nothing at all !!!

Most of my classmates in secondary school are in 300l or thereabout, but here I am. I wasn't that very intelligent student with a high IQ but I knew what I was doing and I would say I am more than average . I looked at the mirror again

~^~°

   Ya Allah not again, this is my fifth time(5th) and I didn't know when I angrily smashed my hands on the table, the pain brought me back to reality. I whined and went to the bathroom to perform ablution. I did my business in the bathroom, performed ablution and quickly went to say my prayers before adhan for Maghrib would be called.

I woke up at the middle of the night to pray and ask God for guidance because at this point of my life i knew I needed Him the most.

"Ya Allah please guide me through I said crying out loud while reading suratul Maryam".

Please Allah answer me show me the way, ya Allah I need you in my life ya Allah please help me I said crying myself to sleep.

Well l should start preparing for Monday so I can go and start my jamb registration. I was really scared. I didn't know who to talk to at that point.

*The following Day
Being weekend, I brought my cloths outside to wash.  I rearranged my room while listening to my all time favourite song "INSHALLAH by Maher Zain".

I started filling my diary with my bucket list .

Later in the evening I decided to go see Maryam she called me and informed me she was back from school so I went to her house. I rambled through my closet and saw a ash sweatpants I decided to wear it with a black tee, carried my ash veil and told my mom where I was going too.

I met Anne her house girl. "Good evening Aunty Haneefah" said  Anne .

"please don't call me that please Call me Haneefah",I said smiling at her, going to the dinning to sit .

Anne called my attention "Aunty H-hhhaneefah"  I looked at her , she stuttered and said  "Aunty  Maryam said you should come to the room" I looked at her and nodded, in my mind I knew Maryam likes respect so much that's why the innocent girl is calling we both Aunty I just felt it was unnecessary.

Anne is Maryam's maid, lord knows how dirty Maryam is and untidy. Her dream is to find any rich man to marry, she said she can't wait any longer. Her hormones are haywire, she needs a man in her life asap.

Bish I called Maryam she looked at me and told me to "shissshhhh,  hold on she's on a phone call".

Now my problem with Maryam was that she's too Free with guys, I have told her severally that gender has nothing to offer sincerely.

She was done with her one hour phone call she threw her slippers at me and said " can't you come and hug me eh Haneefah"

I quickly ran and lay on her body "ohhhh   my bish I have missed you so much, I miss chopping your money walahi".

We spent the whole time gisting until my phone started ringing "ummi".

"Kai babe no vex I have to be going I have to make dinner no vex" I said while  giving her the skirt I made for her.

she was so happy and she accompanied me to my street which was the next one.

My mom wasn't calling me to cook she was most likely calling to remind me it's past my time I should be home by now.

I just kept saying To myself how I can't wait to leave this house I am tired of them. I want my privacy and I needed to breath.

Tomorrow is Sunday, I should better iron for Monday InshaAllah.