Chapter Ten

♥️♥️♥️♥️
~~~ Ahmed

"Sir, I've booked the 10am train for you, which is this morning sir".

I nodded my head in response. Forgetting I was on a phone call and he cannot see me

   "Thank you" I said ending the call

"Momma, I have missed your food so much." I said rushing to eat my mom's food.

It been awhile, immediately I had to chance I had to catch the last flight to Kaduna just to see my momma. I base in Abuja but my mom stays in Kaduna. I have been here with her since two days ago and I was planning on leaving this morning. My mom lives in a very portable house, I am working on how I'll get her a better and bigger one .I didn't care she and my father were divorced but she surely deserves the best .

She was definitely still my mother.

When I got to Kaduna two days ago my mom and I decided to take a walk around her street it really been long and for once I felt so free. The breeze was cool and refreshing. There was something so special about nature to me. I felt so relaxed.

I was truly happy to be here again to see my momma. Apparently I grew up here in Kaduna before my father decided we relocate to Abuja.

Immediately I finished my breakfast I took my bath , wore my navy blue kaftan.

"Okay momma, the time is 8:44am I'll be leaving by 9:20 am." I said to my momma

"Uhmmm, Ahmed , Ahmed, Ahmed." How many times did I call you? ". My mom stated.

Not again,I wonder what she will have to say this time around

"Did you sneak here to see me ". My mom said looking sad.

" Yes momma" I said look sighing while trying to avoid her gaze on me.

"C'mon momma it's nothing serious Walahi, I am leaving today already I'm sure nobody noticed I was gone" I said to her trying to make her feel better.

"Let's gist momma" I finally said

I have been persuading her to remarry but she just so stubborn and says there is really no need.

"Yes Nayari. I'll be expecting you in the next 10mins" I said hanging up

I had to order for Uber, since I didn't come with my car to be honest I didn't even plan this journey. I was just so desperate to see my momma

"Bye bye momma, I promise to come see you next time with Ali " I said waving my momma

" We're going to Rigasa,yeah?" I said to the bolt driver after exchanging pleasantries.

Ali was my immediate younger brother I love him so much, I was the one always staying with him. While my parents were going through divorce and I am ready to do anything to protect my baby brother. My father is a very busy and hardworking man he was never at home ,when he divorced my mom things got more complicated.

I was lost in thoughts I didn't notice we had gotten to the Rigasa train station. I had arrived 10:20am i knew the train hasn't taken off so I used to VIP entrance to enter, offers that comes with your father being a politician and millionaire. There were people lined up to enter and also for scanning of their tickets.

Well I didn't have a problem with being on that line and struggling it's part of being a Nigerian!, But I was just in a hurry to get to Abuja ASAP.

    I have always been a sucker for Kaduna, growing up here was the best until we had to relocate to Abuja. I did my primary and secondary here in Kaduna state, I even went ahead and schooled in ABU Zaria ( Ahmadu Bello university) but along the line I left and went abroad to finish my studies.