Chapter Seven

💖💖💖💖
~~HANEEFAH
     Going to market with my mom is really frustrating, it feels like everyone in the market knows her .thank God for facemask, I always pretend I don't know my mother when she stops to greet someone by the road.

"Good afternoon ma.", I said greeting my mom's elder sister we met at the market, afternoon "Hanee baby".

"What a dry nickname I muttered to myself".

how're you my dear,how's everyone at home , your father and siblings ?  "fine ma." was all I could say.
"What of Habiba."  I asked her immediately.

"Aunty  mi, good afternoon ma" my mom said just coming in she wanted to buy roasted corn so I left her by the roadside and came to big mummy's shop .

Mummy Alim ba wo ni( how're you) ,how's work.

"Fine o my sister, work is fine. Alhamdulilah!!! we are pushing it" my mom said ,looking around probably trying to find Habiba

"Where is my big baby: Habiba." ,my mom finally said .

     "She's down the street let me call her so she will come and keep Haneefah entertained , while you and I talk",said big mummy.

I just nodded my head and waited for her to call her only daughter: "Habiba" .

I decided to keep myself busy with my phone looking for styles to sew with my Ankara and lace.

Good afternoon mummy ,good afternoon ma Habiba came in greeting her mother and mine respectively, "afternoon my dear" my mother answered her hugging her... ..They both exchanged pleasantries.

Habiba jacked my phone from my hand .
"Yarinya you cannot greet" she said to me, "Aunty  Habiba good afternoon ma "I  said with sarcasm, and hugged her so tight. "I've missed you so much" she said to me let's go out and gist.

My mother gave me this " better don't stay long we still have things to get at the market look". I rolled my eyes internally at her.

"So  how's school" I asked Habiba
" school is fine aburo(young one) Asuu and their shenanigans." she said .
   "It  has tire me Walahi, I just want to finish the school." Habiba said looking frustrated.
"What do you want me to say biko atleast you're in school, what about us that are still waiting for Gods time eh Aunty Beebah" : I call her Beebah for short .

Habiba seniors me with 2years, she was in her final year . but I call her Aunty to tease her, she's big mummy's only daughter.

We decided to stay in one provision shop and gist. Habiba is so fun to talk with, we're so free with each other. She gave me her phone to play with
while she got eggroll and sprite for me (everybody knew Haneefahs love for Sprite) .

"Babe your birthday pictures were really beautiful walahi"I said to her where's my own share of the cake by the way .

Let me show you the party my friends threw for me, She showed me a video of her party wow.

"isn't this a club?,  Kai Beebah." I said smiling at her.

I watched the videos , all her friends were males(*Rolling eyes*) and majority were politicians children " trust Habiba to be friends with high class ".

     She schools at university of Abuja so I wasn't surprised sincerely .there was this time she used me as a model , she said "I had this beautiful oval face and small tiny lips and my body shape was perfect for the job".

My parents warned her to never try and publicized me ever again it was a very serious fight between her mother and mine.

I watched the videos they were all really beautiful. I noticed one particular guy in the picture he was on facemask it seemed like he didn't want to be there, I saw a clearer picture of him :his eyes! ,he had the most beautiful set of eyes I had ever seen. It felt like those eyes had a story behind them, they were mesmerizing .