Chapter Three

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
~~~HANEEFAH

I heard someone knocking at the gate .

"Good evening mummy welcome back from work" I said smiling. "Haneefah, my dear how're you please tell me you've made dinner" my mom said looking stressed.

My mom is a teacher. Her dream as always been for one of her children to be a Doctor, and she said she knows it will definitely be me InshaAllah, judging from my attitude and statue she's certain that it will definitely be me especially with my slender body, scrub will look so good on me .

I have three older ones ,with me the last born ; our first born being a boy Alim, then another boy Alameen, and then a girl Halima .

Alim is currently working and he base at Lagos but he travels to Togo for work at times he a human rights activists.

Alameen is studied Engineering, he just finished university which means he is currently serving. Halima is currently studying law, she is in her final year.

Yes ,momma I am done! I made rice and beans for dinner, I just want to boil the eggs.

Ah yes !!"Omodada (good child)" she said, Almighty knows how much you're trying for your parents may He answer all of your prayers, InshaAllah this year I know you'll enter school.

I responded with a whisper "ameen thumma ameen"

See eh Demilade let me gist you

My mother and gist are 5&6, we spent hours in the Kitchen gisting, she told me "how her colleague daughter at work got married last weekend and how the wedding was the topic at work , her dowry was 2 million" my mom said .

it just felt odd to me especially with the fact that paying ones dowry sounds like he is literally buying her,don't get me wrong.
I know it's a very normal tradition. well I don't blame them, "na mumu de love and marry" I muttered to myself.

My mother then started praying to God that I and my sister Halima gets a good husband who will give us peace of mind and will take very good care of us. I looked at my mother and smiled she is such a strong woman with everything my father has done especially when he cheated on her.

I am surprised she's still with him, if it me, I won't even hesitate to divorce him. I can never be under a man in my life I said all these inside my head as I rounded up by mopping the floor.

Then I went back to my room after making sure I was done with everything so I won't be called into the sitting room again

I decided to finish sewing a kimono I was making for my neighbours daughter then my phone started ringing ; "waye ne!!! who is that cow calling me" I said then I checked the caller ID, it was Kazeem. Kazeem and I are good friends nothing attached

We're so so close but he is in the NDA( Nigeria defense Academy) already I was kind of happy to see his name popping on my phone screen.

God knows I have missed that goat, "idiot!, how far" I said smiling

"Ah my one and only Drama queen how're you" he said laughing very loudly.

"Kazeem if they catch you with phone omor OYO is your case oo nothing concern me Walahi ahaps" I said jumping on the bed.

"why are you a enemy of progress you this goat eh why!" he said .

I was already rolling my eyes at him on the phone "uh this one you called me, am I safe ?" I asked suspiciously not that Kazeem doesn't call me but for Kazeem to be this calm and weirdly nice to me I knew he wants something from me

"Oyah go straight to the point what is the problem" I said.....

"Well eh there's this girl shaaaa....." , before he could finish his statement, I was already laughing I knew it won't pass girl matter shaaa. "what do you want me to do" I said . "Come online please I'll send you her mad pictures and a screen record of our chats" he said almost immediately. "Kai I am managing data prince charming" I said , calling him by his nickname. but I'll come online, he responded with "sharp sharp o" and he ended the call immediately.

Within 3-4mins I received a alert of 5k from Kazeem I didn't even waste time to return the money, I even added #100 as bonaza , making it 5,100

He called me almost immediately and said - "you this girl you can never change feminist kill you there, you think any man would want an independent woman" he said

"abeg abeg don't even start Kazeem" I said . "Marriage isn't by force thank you" .

"You cannot even say thank you for the #100, I know you're a brokeass and God said we should help the less privileged at this point we were both laughing seriously, okay then I am coming online" I said.

"So this is the yeye girl you wan date" I said while on a WhatsApp voice call with him, no na "Hamster" he said calling me by my nickname in secondary School. Kazeem was literally the only person I still talk too even after secondary School.

"I just want to taste her and go" , he said Kai you this useless boy one say you'll taste a girl and turn to yam we both laughed about it.

Well you know I never liked Amina she's too proud and exposed I heard her body counts is more than her GPA in school. ,
Amina was what you would call " queen b" ,while we were at school .

Now She's currently in a private school in Abuja, Nile university or so na she Sabi, I wonder how she got to school with her 178 in jamb this life "no balance" i also heard she is studying pharmacy or is it microbiology ohooo it's not my business besides.

We spoke all about life, he started telling me how all the girls in his school looks manly with Peanuts on their chest and drawing board .

he asked howfar with my school and if I had written jamb this year, I didn't tell anybody that I was going to write again.

It was just so embarrassing and really sad.

I didn't like the pity looks I get from people.
I'm waiting for my turn was all I could say .
Kazeem reminded me that "it's how well, not how far you go" .
I smiled and said "idiot don drop motivational quote".

We had our usual banters and finally said good byes.

I fell asleep watching videos on TikTok...

A/N;
Hey guys I hope y'all are enjoying this book.i hope to get atleast 20 views ,stars and comments and I won't hesitate to continue help a sister 🙏🙏😭😭😂😂😂 DanAllah 🦋❤️
It's your girl Tolu🦋❤️🧕
Don't forget to tell your friends to tell their friends

Jazaakillahi bi khair beautiful people❤️