Eric Kirby

Alan looked up through the long patch of grass as he saw two Raptors communicating with each other. He wondered what they were saying. He knelt back down and comforted his daughter before checking again. This time the Raptor was waiting.

Alan and Rose jumped and backed away from the Raptor only to become surrounded by the pack. Alan squeezed Rose's hand tight; he didn't know what to do. Then out of nowhere a Gas grenade hit the ground in front of them followed by another one.

"Rose, cover your mouth," Alan said as he started coughing.

Suddenly a figure grabs them, motioning them to follow him. Alan and Rose follow the boy. Alan and Rose follow the boy to an abandoned water truck.

"Thanks, Thanks a lot Eric," Alan knew the boy straight away.

"You know who I am?" Eric looked at them both confused.

"Yeah your mum and dad are here," Rose said between coughing.

"They are looking for you," Alan finished her sentence and moved to check his daughter was ok.

"Together? That's not good they don't do well together," Eric smiled, knowing his parents had come to find him.

"You'd be surprised what people can do, when they have too," Alan laughed.

Eric found an InGen light and turned it on. As he did he saw the man he was talking to.

"Your Alan Grant? What are you doing here?" Eric smiled. He was a huge fan of Alan Grant.

Alan looked at Rose and smiled.

"Your parents invited us along," Alan replied.

"Hi, I'm Rose Grant, You know my dad then?" Rose smiled at Eric.

"Yeah I've read both your books, I love your theories on evolution," Eric smiled as he tried to contain his excitement.

"Pleased to meet you by the way," Eric looked at Rose and smiled.

"Eric I have to say thank you for saving our lives, I will be forever grateful to you for that," Alan extended his hand to shake.

Eric smiled and shook it.

"You're welcome, but that was the last of the gas grenades," Eric said to him.

"That's fine, like I said my daughter is alive thanks to you," Alan smiled at Rose.

"I will say though, I can't believe you've been here for 8 weeks!" Rose said, curious to know how Eric survived for so long out here.

"Is that all it's been? I thought it was longer. Here eat," Eric handed a tin to Rose and one to Alan.

Rose looked in the tin and looked at her dad with a face.

"You're either hungry or you're not? What's it going to be?" Alan gave Rose the dad look.

"Don't ever tell mum! She will be trying to feed me these all the time!" Rose said as she started to eat.

"I will consider it," Alan said laughing. He looked at Eric.

"Don't mind little miss fussy pants, she just has a dislike of beans. Thank you." Alan smiled at Eric.

"No problem, I got dessert too," Eric threw two candy bars towards Alan and Rose.

"Now we're talking!" Rose said smiling.

Alan shook his head. He looked around the trailer.

"When InGen cleared out the left a ton of stuff behind," Eric told Alan.

"Anything useful?" Alan asked.

"No, expect for the gas grenades I used," Eric replied

Alan then picked up a vile full of a yellow liquid.

"Careful with that, T-Rex, Scares some of the smaller ones away but attracts one really big one with a fin." Eric explained

"This is T-Rex pee?" Alan raised his eyebrow at Eric.

"How did you get that?" Rose said, laughing at the disgust on her dad's face.

"Trust me. You don't wanna know," Eric laughed.

There was a faint chattering sound coming from outside.

"Listen, Compys!" Eric said as he closed the hatch door.

"Right well I suggest we get some sleep, tomorrow we will find your parents and find the coast," Alan said as he made himself comfortable.

Rose moved over to hug her dad. Eric handed them a blanket.

"Thanks again Eric," Alan said to him.

"Anytime Dr. Grant," Eric sat under his blanket.

"Please call me Alan," Alan smiled at Eric as he began to close his eyes and sleep.

Billy stood on a branch.

"Alan?! Rose?!" He shouted but to no avail.

"I hope they are ok," Paul said to Billy as he came back down the tree toward them.

"If I know Alan they are both safe, I would just feel better knowing for certain," Billy said as he settled for the night.

"Tomorrow morning we should look for Dr. Grant, Rose and Eric," Amanda told them both.

"Agreed," Paul said as they all settled in for some rest before the morning.