Back Home

Ellie shook with fear. She couldn't believe what just happened. She tried to ring Alan back, but the line was dead.

"Mummy, where's daddy?" Jack appeared at her side holding his T-Rex toy.

Ellie pulled herself together and smiled.

"Daddy is still away, he told me to give you a big hug, he misses you very much,"

"Ok, I'm playing now," Jack smiled and ran into the playroom

Ellie breathed. She kept playing Alan shouting to her and Rose screaming in the background.

She looked at the phone and began to dial.

"Hello?" a voice came through the phone.

"Ian! I need your help! It's Alan, I was right, He is in trouble, so is Rose," Ellie couldn't stop herself she was talking so fast.

"Ellie, slow down! Alan? In trouble?" Ian's voice was full of concern.

"Yes I told you he was on a business trip, and he took Rose. Alan was supposed to be a guide for this couple as they flew over Isla Sorna. I was starting to worry because Alan hadn't called me. But about 10 minutes ago he did call. He was shouting, the river site B, I heard Rose screaming," Ellie was starting to panic again.

"Right, Ellie listen to me, grab what you need. Get the kids ready, I have some friends and connections, I will come to you in an hour, Don't panic! Alan and Rose will be fine! I promise!" Ian said his goodbyes and hung up.

Ellie cried. She put the phone down and ran upstairs. She grabbed anything she could find. She packed a few things for Jack and Amelia. She went downstairs and put Ameila in her car seat.

"Jack, mummy needs to put your shoes and coat on, Uncle Ian is going to take us to daddy and Rose," Ellie pulled herself together again. She didn't want to frighten Jack.

Once she was ready and the kids were all sorted, Ian bang on the hour pulled into the driveway. He got out of his car and helped put Ameila in the back seat.

"Thank you Ian, I didn't know who else to call," Ellie said apologetically

"Hey, what are friends for? I made some calls and managed to sort a plane to fly us to Costa Rica. A friend of mine has pull power with their government,"

"Thank god, when I get my hands on Alan I swear," Ellie's fear turned to slight anger.

"Hey, we don't know what happened. Alan isn't the type to just volunteer to take a ground tour of that hell hole, let alone take Rose with him. There's more to this, I know it." Ian said, trying to reassure Ellie.

"Yeah, you have a point. I knew this was a bad idea, I felt it," Ellie shook her head trying not to cry in front of the children.

"What on earth made him go in the first place? Even if it was a fly over, I would have told them where to stick it!" Ian said driving.

"Yeah he did at first, but, but then they offered him 5 million dollars, and he was torn. He wants to be home more and have the best of both worlds. He couldn't turn that down," Ellie said, angry with herself for not telling him to rip the check up.

"I get that, well I will say, after this they better double that 5 million!" Ian laughed, shaking his head.

As they got to the airport, Ian and Ellie grabbed the kids and their bag. Ellie followed Ian to a private terminal. Inside was a man on the phone yelling.

"I don't care! You have them ready to go the moment we touch down! Do you hear?!"

Ellie looked at Ian.

"Ellie, This is Mark Deglaur, he is helping organise the rescue,"

Mark shook Ellies hand.

"Don't worry Mrs. Grant, I have everything in place," Mark turned to Ian.

"You owe me big Ian," Mark shook his hand

"I know, but may I remind you, I am merely cashing in a favour" Ian smirked at Mark.

"You got me there, the plane is ready to leave, shall we?" Mark motioned towards the tarmac where there was a plane waiting for them.

"I can't thank you enough," Ellie said as they boarded the plane.

Ian helped settle Jack while Ellie settled Amelia.

"Hey, we will be there soon, don't worry, Alan will be fine and Rose will be completely safe, they will be safe from that Island soon, you have my word," Ian smiled at Ellie trying again to reassure her.

Once the flight had landed in Costa Rica they were met with a Major General.

"Mark, everything is ready to go. We need to leave now,"

"Yes of course, Ian, let's go, Mrs. Grant, you can take the children to the hospital, the driver knows where to go. Once we have retrieved your husband and daughter we will transport them there for any treatment they may need.," Mark pointed to the parked car.

"Ian, are you mad I'm going with you!" Ellie was determined.

"Ellie what good would that do? You need to focus, go to the hospital and wait there, I promise I will find them as quickly as I can" Ian tried to reason with Ellie.

Ellie was quiet as she looked at Jack and Amelia.

"Ian I swear, you bring them both back safely or I will...." Ellie was frustrated but agreed to get in the car.

"I promise," Ian replied as he was leaving with Mark.

Ellie breathed a sigh of relief in the car. She didn't quite know how Ian managed all of this so quickly, but she was pleased he did. Now all she had to do was sit tight and wait at the hospital.

"Mummy? What's happening?" Jack was starting to get upset. He was so confused about what was happening around him.

"Hey baby, don't worry, Uncle Ian has gone to get daddy and Rose, we are going to meet them ok?" Ellie held her son and kissed him on the head.

"I'm gonna tell daddy I know his big words!" Jack smiled.

"That's right, how about we practise some more? Say Ty-ran-no-saurus." Ellie calmed a little and focused on keeping Jack distracted.