The River

As night fell the group were settling down for night. Paul all of a sudden stopped the engine.

"Listen," Paul said as he heard the jingle from his satellite phone.

Everyone froze. Last time they heard the jingle they came across the Spinosaurus. As the jingle got louder. To their relief and slight disgust the jingle was buried in the Spinosaurus dung.

"Find it before it stops ringing!" Alan said as he sprung from the boat.

"Rose, Eric stay on the boat," Alan shouted to them.

As they searched through the dung Amanda managed to find the phone. Alan grabbed the phone and answered it.

"Hello?!" Alan listened to voice automated recording on the other end of the line.

Suddenly Rose called to her dad.

"Dad! Don't move, Ceratosaurus," Her face was full of fear as the dinosaur approached them.

The dinosaur sniffed them, then jerked its head and walked back into the jungle.

"Thank god,'" Paul said as he washed himself clean with the others.

Paul checked the phone and handed it to Alan.

"You got juice for making one call, make it count."

Alan grabbed the phone and rang the one person he could count on.

"Hello?" A little voice came through.

"Jack?! Jack, take the phone to mummy now! It's daddy!" Alan smiled as he spoke to Jack.

"Daddy! Ok I find mumma," Jack happily replied

"Jack, Listen to me, are you taking the phone to mummy?" Alan's voice grew concerned as he couldn't hear Ellie or Jack.

Suddenly the boat jolted forward and Alan dropped the phone and it cut off. The Spinosaurus rose from the water.

"Rose!" Alan grabbed his daughter.

"Everyone into the cage!" Alan told everyone to take cover in the cage on the boat.

The Spinosaururs started to attack the boat. It was stalking the group now inside the cage. Suddenly the phone started to ring.

"The phone! Rose, grab the phone!" Alan shouted to her.

Rose grabbed the phone and handed it to her dad. Alan answered the phone, just as the Spinosaurus grabbed the cage and dragged it into the water, sinking the boat.

"Ellie!"

"Alan what's going on?!" Ellie panicked

"Ellie, listen to me! The river site B! The river!" Alan shouted with his last breath before the boat sank and he was under water.

The cage fell into the water on its side. Paul fell out of cage and swam to the surface. He noticed an old crane, he looked behind him and saw the Spinosaurus trying to grab the others still stuck in the cage. He climbed the crane.

"HEY! OVER HERE!" Paul shouted and made as much noise as he could to grab the dinosaur's attention.

It worked, the dinosaur stalked over to the crane and tried to knock Paul off. While the Spinosaurus was distracted Alan helped Amanda, Rose and Eric climb out of the cage. Alan looked at Rose.

"Rose, I want you to swim to the shore and wait with Amanda and Eric, I have to help Paul. I will be fine,"

Rose nodded in fear. She dove into the water and followed Amanda and Eric to the shore. Alan dove under the water. He swam down and found a flare gun. He surfaced and loaded the flare gun. The first shot hit the Spinosaurus. He fired the second and last shot. It landed on the water and a huge fire broke out. The gasoline from the boat had leaked everywhere. The Spinosaur thrashed about in the flames. As it turned it's tail knocked Paul clean off and he fell from the crane.

Alan swam to the shore and saw Amanda screaming. Paul was nowhere to be seen. Fearing the worst Amanda shouted.

"Paul! You jerk! You can't leave me like this!"

"I'm not going anywhere!" Paul appeared from the side.

Amanda breathed a sigh of relief and ran into his arms. They held each other tightly, a family together again.

Rose stood with her father. Alan put his arm around her as they watched the Kirbys. They both hoped they would be doing the same thing soon.