Chapter 11

In the middle of late afternoon, just as Will was beginning to be convinced that they would be perpetually stuck here in the future, Magnus came banging on the Institude door with his cat eyes wide with excitement and thick books tucked underneath his arms.

He rushed to the nearest table he located and dumped all his materials onto it, hastily flipping the books open to his desired page, while the Shadowhunters began gathering around him with curiousity.

"I found it!" He had exclaimed breathlessly, his whole face lit up like a bulb. "I found the easiest way to send the boys back home. Scrap that idea of summoning Angels-we would all get blasted to bits first. Gather around, ladies and gentlemen! I am about to fry your minds."

"Tell us, Magnus," Clary flashed him an amused smile.

"We have to get back to the place they first landed here in the future, which is outside Jocelyn's apartment, am I right? Of course I am, moving on! Time-traveling involves extremely powerful magic. That demon Aeshma might as well have released fireworks when he tossed you two onto our streets here-magic like that is hard to dissipate and also harder to wield. However, I can try to gather the remaining magic that is still floating around that area together. With Tessa's help, we should be able to toss these two back home!"

"Don't we have to erase their memories, though?" Zachariah frowned, shooting Jem a quick sideway glance.

"I can help with that," Tessa smiled faintly. "I've been looking into some memory erasing studies lately. It should work like it claims to."

"My, hopefully you don't accidentally erase off the memory of this very beautiful Welsh girl I knew as a child," Will felt his smirk grow wider when Tessa and Zachariah both rolled their eyes. "We have had the most amusing times," he added, without much of a reason.

"Did you scare her off?" Jem laughed.

"Quite on the contrary, she scared me off. Her father rears ducks, James. Who in the name of sanity does that?"

Someone threw a bundle of clothes at him, and he caught at it with surprise. It was their old clothes-Will almost forgot about them.

"Washed and ironed it for you two," Isabelle batted her long eyelashes at him. "Get going then, handsomes. Wouldn't want to keep your girl waiting alone at home, would you?"

Tessa made a small choking sound, and she looked a little flustered. "Izzy!"

"Sorry. I couldn't help myself," she chuckled, sliding her small arm around Simon's shoulder.

"This isn't goodbye, you know. We don't even know if the spell would work," Magnus grunted. "And then I would return to seeing Alec pouting on my sofa."

"Hold on," Jem held up a hand. "What happens to Dibbo?"

If there was one person to remember that bloody elf's existence, of course it would be Jem. Will snorted inwardly at that thought.

"We would continue having him as... guest... of the Institude. He would be useful in further investigations of the Faerie case," Maryse suddenly appeared, dressed in a white blouse with her hair tied into a messy bun behind her head. It occurred to Will that he had only seen her out of her working room once or twice. "Goodbye, Will Herondale and Jem Carstairs, even if Magnus says otherwise."

"We will see them off, right?" Clary clapped her hands together in excitement, shooting a pleading glance at Jace who sighed.

"It's okay," Simon broke into a huge grin as he ruffled Clary's hair affectionately. "I'll come along with you if your boyfriend's too grumpy. Whither thou goest, I will go, right?"