Epilogue

"...Will!....Wake up..."

Will's eyes flew open and he rolled over, staring around him in confusion. Jem was kneeling beside him, looking equally confused. They were in a dark alleyway in the dead of the night, with the full moon hanging over them alongside with a few lone stars. How they got here, however, Will had no clue.

"By the angel," Will pressed his hand against his forehead where a throbbing headache was growing. There seemed to be something he had forgotten, and yet... he swore that there was something he was about to pull from the back of his mind, something about falling out of time and traveling to a far away place in another world... and then it was gone. He blinked. "Have I been sleepwalking? Dear me, have you followed me to this unearthly place, Jem?"

"I have no idea," Jem rose to his feet, whirling around to determine where they were. "But we better return to the Institude. Charlotte ought to be worried." he extended a hand to pull Will up, and the two of them headed out of the alley into the main street.

They found the Institude a couple of blocks away from the alley they had woken up in. On the doorstep sat a very tired looking Tessa, on the verge of nodding off. Once she caught sight of them, her blue-grey eyes widened significantly and she launched to her feet, straightening the crinkles in her dress as she did so.

"Where on earth have you two been?" she demanded. "Faffing about in the dead of the night, I wager? Charlotte was about to send the whole Institude out searching for you!"

"Faffing about?" Will said dramatically. "Jem and I gallantly saved three mundanes from a pack of hungry demons, and I thought that we ought to head to the Devil's Tavern for a drink or two to celebrate our heroic deed. Didn't we, James?"

Jem, who obviously knew that Will was spinning up false tales again, sighed. But for once, he decided to play along. Smiling innocently, he added, "Indeed. But poor William was harassed by the six-fingered Nigel again, and we spent hours chasing after that rascal to seek revenge."

"Indeed!" Will was obviously surprised by the fact that Jem had played along with his tale. And he was, in fact, very smug as well.

Tessa stared at them as if they had grew a second head. "Very well then," she frowned, returning back into the Institude to escape from the chill of the night. "Bridget made sure to save some supper for the both of you. Gabriel insisted on eating them as he was more than delighted to affirm everyone of the possibility that neither of you would return."

"Lightworm is simply jealous that we're better looking than he is," Will snorted. "At least, I'm good looking enough for his sister Tatiana to hopelessly fall in love with me till the point of utter humiliation..."

"Keep your voice down, Will," Jem said dryly. "There are Lightwoods lurking these very halls."

"The both of you are mad," Tessa grinned, heading back into her room. "I hope Gabriel doesn't catch you in the hallways."

"We'll be ready for him if he does, won't we, Jem?" Will nudged his parabatai on the arm and smirked.

Jem returned the smile. "Always."

-The End-

Whew, never thought that I'd ever see the end of a story I've spent so much time on. I just want to thank all of those who decided to pick this story up, and those kind people who have voted and commented on this book, as it really means a lot to me, really. As a little girl who dreams of being a writer one day, every single person who decided to so kindly read this book means a lot to me. Thank you everyone! Writing this piece of fanfiction has been a lot of fun, and it really is kind of sad now that it's over. But I've tremendously enjoyed the journey of writing this story, and I have you guys to thank for giving me motivation to complete this story till its end. So, a billion thanks :))