Chapter 15

"Let me get this straight," Isabelle clicked her tongue as she traced her finger lightly over the bracelet that curled around her wrist. "Everyone went back into the past... except for me?"

"Yes," Magnus said. He was draped across his red leather couch, wearing a purple silk bathrobe that matched his new curtains, and watching the television idly with Dibbo leaning against his feet.

"Why didn't anyone invite me?" she demanded.

"Your brother assumed that you were on a one-week shopping trip and wouldn't be home for a long time," Magnus muttered as he reached for the glass of whiskey on the coffee table. "It's for the best, anyway. You'll just land into trouble with the rest of the bloody shadowhunters."

Isabelle shot back an annoyed reply, but the words went over his head. His hand had frozen into place as he stared at the whiskey in the glass, beginning to tremble. Magnus flung himself off the couch immediately, watching the paintings and wall decorations in his apartment shake and fall off the walls one by one.

"What-" Isabelle began, but Magnus shoved her aside as he grabbed Dibbo off the couch and ducked for cover.

A bright light engulfed the apartment, but was gone in an instant. The couch had been knocked to the windows, and standing in its place were Alec, Simon, Jace and...

"You didn't," Magnus said shakily, getting up from his protective crouch. He glared at Jace, barking, "What the hell did you do?"

"Oh my god, is that you, Magnus?" Isabelle's eyes were wide, her mouth open in a shape of an 'o'. She was staring at the third man who had arrived-which was obviously the slightly younger version of himself.

"Yes. Magnus, this is Magnus," Jace patted his younger self encouragingly as he gestured to him smugly. "Hm. Looks like we're in the future, don't you think?"

"Good god. This is-this is impossible," younger Magnus exclaimed. He was dressed in a light blue double-breasted vest, with a black scarf loosely wrapped around his neck to keep out the Victorian London cold. He was glancing around the apartment first, before letting his cat eyes rest on Magnus. "Oh. Glad to see that I'm still alive. I like that robe, by the way. Fits perfectly with the curtains." he said cheerfully to Magnus, turning around to squint at the purple curtains.

"Alec! I thought that you would have some sense, at least!" Older Magnus snapped. The blue-eyed boy stepped out from behind Jace with a slightly guilty expression.

"Sorry. You know he can't be controlled sometimes," Alec shrugged. When he saw Isabelle behind Magnus, he brightened up significantly and rushed over to her side, along with Simon. Simon groaned inwardly when he found himself a couple of paces late. Alec gave him a teasing look, before turning back to his sister. "Izzy, are you okay?"

"I kind of hate you for not informing me of your time-travelling adventures," she replied dryly.

Magnus turned his attention back to Jace, folding his arms annoyingly to his chest. "Exactly what is the point of bringing me here? You're just going to make things more complicated than it already is."

Dibbo hopped over from the table and yelled, "That bracelet I have so generously given you is not a toy for your own amusement! Do you not realise that you've corrupted time yet again by coming back here without a reason?"

"I'm sure it isn't as bad as you think," Jace rolled his eyes at the two fuming downworlders. "Well, he made me do it. Blame yourself, Magnus, who knew you were still so stubborn three hundred years ago?"

"Alright, Jace Herondale. I am convinced now. What exactly do you want me to do again?" the younger Magnus said tactfully. "You did not quite clearly state your intentions."