Chapter 11:First Date

My day went fast than I thought it would be. I head home the moment the school ended. Sunny still wasn't home and I really need her to be home before the Formals tomorrow night. This is my first time in a long time that I'm going to this kind of things and I don't have a slightest idea on what to do, let alone what to wear. I'm a completely introverted person. Well, I might have been the part, outgoing person back then but not anymore.

Even now, I still can't believe I agreed to come with Kris and now I have to deal with Chanyeol also, thanks to Kris for beseeching that he can't leave him alone in a long time because he'll go berserk.

"How's your day?" I placed my seat belt over my shoulder, feeling Suho's ghostly presence around me.

"Fine. Thanks for popping out for nowhere, Suho." I turned my head towards him, he was smiling widely at me like he always does. "And how's your's"

"Deadly as always" Suho sighed. I let out a laugh, he might not have found it humorous but I surely did.

"Wow" I heard him say.

"What?" I asked as I drove out the school parking lot. I glanced at him, he's staring at me in awe.

"Minhee you - you laughed. You laughed an actual laughed." He beamed. I squinted my eyes on the road.

"Okay? Did you not want me to laugh or somethin'?" I asked, confused.

Suho shook his head. "No, it's just...this is my first time hearing you laugh like that. Not to mention seeing you smile a sincere smile." He replied.

"You've seen me smile before." I said, focusing my eyes on the road.

"It's true." He said, quietly. "But they weren't real. None of your smiles are."

I opened my mouth to say something but a cat got my tongue. His words got through me. I never expect that someone will see through my smiles. I never expect that someone like Suho, whom I barely know could see through my forced smiles and laughed. Not my mom, my sister, my dad and barely Sunny can.

"It's great to hear you laugh like that." Suho said, I can see him smile as he spoke. "I wish I can hear you laugh and see you smile more often."

I was beyond glad that we arrived at my house. I hate to admit that he was completely right, in fact what I really hate the most is that he could easily see through me. As if he knows me for a very long time when in reality, we have only known for each other for less than a month and it's shocking to know how much he knows about me and I barely know a thing about him. I pushed my thoughts about Suho and focused about the Formals. Krystal, my archenemy and her sidekicks will totally going insane when she knows that my date on Formals are no other than the most popular guys on our school, Kris and Chanyeol.

"Hey Minhee -uhm- do you want to go out today?" Suho asked, his head through my bedroom door. " I just thought - since the weather is warm and nice and - oh forget it! You probably won't go anyway." He was about to go when I said.

"Why would you think I wouldn't go?" I asked him.

"Because you aren't the kind of person who go out much. Sunny said you hate parties and places with lots of people." He explained, rubbing his nape.

"That's - accurate" I replied. "But did Sunny said that I don't hate going out with one person or -er-ghost?"

Suho sbapped up, he looked at me with his wide eyes and slowly, smile showed on his pale lips. "I-Is that a yes?" he asked, excitedly. I chuckled and looked down for a second. Listening to my heart racing again. Then I looked up at him and smiled.

"I don't mind going out with you Suho"

I don't have a faintest idea on where Suho was taking me. He just tell me to drive and follow his directions. After about half an hour of driving we finally arrived at some place I didn't know but somehow looks familiar. I ask Suho how did he know this place, if he have been in this place but he just said that he somehow remember this place. A part of his memory. We got out in the car and walk for about ten minutes before we arrive at the beach. There were no people here except us. Now I remember this place, Dad used to bring us here when we were kids. This place holds a lot of memory of my Dad.

"Hey Minhee!" Suho called. "Come up here with me!"

I looked up, realizing that Suho was standing on a cliff a few feet above me.

"What are you doing?"

"Just come up here. You can literally see everything from here. Come on, it's gorgeous." I looked at the wide smile on his face, same smile I had when I was standing on the same cliff with my Dad. We got to watch the sunset everyday but ever since my Dad died, I stop coming here.

"Hey, is something wrong?" Suho asked. I quickly shake my head and forced smile.

"No, I'm fine." I replied. Suho guided me up the cliff by holding my hands until we finally reach the top of the cliff. The view from here was absolutely breath taking. I took a deep breath and lift my hand in the air to feel the warm breeze rushing through my fingers. Suho did the same and stood beside me.

"You know you need to loosen up a little. I mean you need to stop being so up tight. You're too serious about everything Minhee, you need to - live life a bit more fun." Suho said, smiling at the beautiful view in front of us.

"Look, you're standing in a cliff with a beautiful view in front of us right now and all you're doing is just standing in front of it. Do something a bit more fun that that." He said.

"What do you want me to do? Jump off the cliff?" I asked him.

"I need you to yell"

"What? Why did you want me to yell?" I asked. He pulled me closer to him.

"Because I read on a book somewhere that in order to live your life to the fullest, you have to stand on a cliff with a beautiful view then scream. So you do it." He said. I looked back at him.

"Do it." he said, patting my shoulder. "We'll do it together"

I shook my head. "Suho I don't feel like doing this." I said, looking around me.

"Don't worry, you're gonna do it with me." he said with a smile. "In 3-2.." I tooka deep breath and screamed on top of my lungs. Our voices echoed and birds flew passed us. I catch my breath as I watched the birds flew around in front of us.

"How did that feel?" Suho asked, smiling.

I looked back at him. "Great!" I said, uncontrollably smiling at him. "I feel - GREAT!"

Suho smile and looked at the view."Minhee?" he began to say. "Have - have been to a date before?"

I smiled and looked at the beautiful view. I shook my head. "Nope. This is the first one."

I felt Suho's eyes on me and I can also see him smiling.

"You're my first date Suho."