Chapter 12: Formals Night

After the class, I head straight to the school parking lot and started my car as soon as I got inside and drive home. Sunny should be home by now. As I was driving, I started to think about Suho. I thought about how he was see-through, he has a heart beat, he can feel many things and remember things on his past that normal ghost shouldn't have. I remember my grandma telling me that there are two different kinds of ghost. A pure dead which means they are really dead and the other one is half dead which I am not sure about. It can't mean that the person is still alive. That's crazy! But it could be possible, right?

"Are you still going to the formal's tonight?" Sunny asked, instead of greeting me at the door.

"Well hello to you too, Sunny." I said closing the door behind me.

"Oh Minnie!" She cried. "You're still coming even though it's against your will? And you're going with — TWO GUYS? I cannot believe it!" Sunny yelled, circling around in front of me.

"Calm down Sun and who told you I was going with two people?" I asked, making my way towards the living room where I found Suho and Suzy talking and — laughing. They both greeted me with wide smile but I couldn't put myself doing the same. I casually waved at them and placed my bag on the couch.

"Does it matter? Choi Min Hee, you will not go to formals. AND THAT'S FINAL." Sunny exclaimed, holding tightly on my arms. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Okay, give one good and valid reason why I shouldn't go to formals." I said.

"I want you to go to formals with Suho." She muttered, silently. I shook my head, gently patting her hands that was on my arms.

"You know it's impossible right?" I said. "Okay, I will be upstairs getting ready for tonight, and Sunny please. I really need your help." I added as I went upstairs.

***

"Thanks for helping me Suzy, you're my life saver." After getting dressed, Suzy helped me with my hair. Unlike Suho and Sunny, Suzy doesn't have the special power to touch things, but she still managed to look me presentable for tonight for telling me which direction should I curl my hair. I wore Hye Rin's dress from her graduation ball when she was 18 which surprisingly fits me perfectly. Hye Rin and I resemble each other, some people think we're twins. But there's one thing that you can differentiate me from Hye Rin, it's our eyes. Hye Rin got my dad's eye color, intimidating charcoal eyes. While I inherited my rainbow colored eyes to my grandma which also gives me the ability to see ghost.

"So —um— what do you think?" I asked, shyly. I stood up and turned around to face Suzy. I'm wearing a beautiful white lace trim that goes above my knee, paired with a black high heel that has a very fancy touch to it.

"You look beautiful!" Suzy said, smiling. Sunny suddenly came floating through my walls with an excited expression on her face.

"MINNIE YOU LOOK EXTREMELY BEAUTIFUL!" she cried, happily. Suzy and I let out a small chuckle. "Let's go Min hee, someone waiting for you downstairs." Sunny said, opening the door for me. Could Kris and Chanyeol be here already? It's pretty early.

"When I reached the staircase, Sunny gave me a small smile and then looked down at the staircase. I followed her gaze which led me to Suho who was standing by the end of the staircase, casually fixing his tie. He was wearing a tuxedo and his hair was neatly slicked back. He looks — incredibly attractive. It took a few moments for Suho to finally look up and notice me. I saw his eyes widened a bit and slowly, he brought his arms down and turned his whole body towards me. My hearts beats faster and faster as I took a step, our eyes look with each other. When I reached the end of the stairs, Suho cleared his throat and held out an elbow for me.