Chapter 8:Art of love

“Will you please be my date for the formals next week?” Kris asked loudly, causing everyone in the hallway to stop and turn to look us. He has said it so loudly that even the people at the very end of the hallway who are about twenty feet away from us gasped in shock. I had completely forgotten about the formals night, in fact this is the first time that the school is having a formals night. I don’t even have anything to wear to begin with. I might as well not go and besides I hate leaving home at night, it’s too dangerous. So it’s decided, I’m not going. I looked back at Kris who has been staring at me the whole time, waiting for a reply. There was hope in his eyes as our eyes met. If I was like the girls in this school, if I was in love with Kris like every girls here, I would have said yes to him in an instant. But unfortunately, I’m not like them.

I opened my mouth to tell Kris my reply but as I was doing so, the people around us gawked. They were literally facing an ear towards us. I sighed loudly and dragged Kris into the gym which was completely empty. I let go of his wrist and looked at him.

“Tell me what kind of person I am” I said, sternly. Kris furrowed his eyebrows in confusion then rub the back of his neck with his right hand.

“Well, umm. You’re quite, you’re smart, and you’re mature with everything. You’re not the kind of person who likes to go to the parties, you also hate being surrounded by many people and…” His eyes looked into mine right away.

“-and you don’t have plans on going into the formals night aren’t you?” Kris asked, the hope on his eyes suddenly disappeared.

“Kris it’s not because I don’t want to go with you, it’s just..like what’ve you said, I hate parties. I’m really sorry Kris, but there are lot of girls in the school, prettier than me, better than me who would die to go to the formals night with you.” I said to him.

“You asked the wrong person, I’m sorry Kris.” I added. Kris dropped his head and nodded slowly. I felt a piece of my heart dropping into my stomach. I felt bad turning him down. I left Kris at the gym to go my class. A lot of people was whispering and shooting me odd looks as I passed them. I ignored them all. This is what I do to survive high school, the disacknowledgement towards what happens in the school, pays no attention to the drama and crap that is happening around you and focus more on what you really want because butting into people’s problem is just a waste of time.

“Good Morning my lovely students!” Ms. Kim, our sweet, fun and talented art teacher came walking inside the room with coffee on her hand. She’s one of my favorite teachers.

“Everyone needs to partner up! We’ll be doing our first group projects today!” Ms. Kim announced. However this was the only thing that I don’t like about Ms. Kim – she loves group work and I don’t. The whole class stood up and start walking around. It was mostly all the guys who walked around, all the girls huddled around Chanyeol whom I just realized that he’s my classmate in art class. How come I didn’t recognize him before?

“Ms. Choi Min Hee?” my head snapped to the front where Ms. Kim stood.

“Do you have partner yet?” she asked with warm smile. I shook my head.

“Then why don’t you join Mr. Park there? I’m sure he’d love to have a partner who doesn’t cling onto him all the times.” Ms. Kim said, shooting all the girls an angry look.

“You don’t mind being with Mr. Park right Min Hee?” she asked, turning to look at me.

“Not at all” I replied, glancing up to Chanyeol who now has a smile on his face as he made his way out of the crowds of girls. I pulled the empty chair beside me out of the table so Chanyeol could sit. He thanked me and made himself comfortable beside me. Everyone sat down on their seat and focused on what Ms. Kim is saying.

“This project that you will be doing is worth twenty percent on your grade so you have to put an effort on this.” Ms. Kim explained.

“You and your partner will be painting a picture that best represents your relationship with someone who is special to you. A symbol is the best way to represent it.” Ms. Kim continued.

“Canvas are on this table along with the paints but you will use your own paintbrushes. Feel free to work anywhere in the school building. But mind you that you only have three classes to work on this project, so better not waste your time and start working!” Ms. Kim added. All the students groaned, grabbing their canvas and paint as they head out the class.

“Ms. Kim, Do Chanyeol and I have to paint on the same canvas?” I asked as I stood up. Ms. Kim looked at Chanyeol then at me.

“Well it’s supposed to be one canvas per pair but since you and Chanyeol barely talk to each other…it’ll betwo canvas project.” As she spoke she grabbed her coffee and laptop then turned to face us.

“Anyways, I’m going to the staff room to check your previous art works. If you need me, you know where to find me.” And with that, Ms. Kim left in a hurry. I hauled my bag up over my shoulder and hugged my books against my chest.

“Do you want to go to the balcony with me?” I asked Chanyeol as I faced my whole body towards him.

“The balcony? I thought students are not allowed up there and besides it’s locked up.” Chanyeol frowned. I took out a key on my purse and lifted it up in front of Chanyeol.

“It won’t be locked once I unlocked it with this.” I gave him a small smile and head out of the classroom. I saw Krystal along with her followers, Sulli and Victoria walked out the Science room with shocked faces after seeing Chanyeol.

“Oh gosh girls, Chanyeol is here.” Krystal shrieked and fixed her hair. Sulli and Victoria did the same after shooting me a “ugh-gross” look.

“Annyeong oppa!” Krystal said.

“Where are you heading.” She asked, doing her best aegyo which annoyed me so much.

“Well. I’ll go ahead” I said to Chanyeol leaving him behind. I kept walking until I reached the staircase. I started my way to the third floor where the balcony located. The third floor hallway was quite, there was no one around, no sound, nothing. When I reached the balcony I immediately unlocked it with my keys. The principal provided me the keys because he knows me very well that I like studying alone, my grades and the reputation of the school because of my high grades are the reason why our principal treat me as VIP.

I left the door open for Chanyeol, if he still coming. Just when I was about to start on my work, Chanyeol came running out of the balcony door, he slams the door right away and took a seat beside as he tries to catch his breath.

“T-They’re chasing me.” Chanyeol said, panting. I let out a small chuckle as I start sketching of what I saw on my head. A hand. Eyes. The sun. A tree. There was a lot but I figured that if I draw them I could somehow connect it and figured out what are those means to me. However everytime I’ve finish something, Suho would popped out on my head. It was like haunting me. It was difficult not to think about him…for some odd reason. I looked away from my paper but my hands are still moving. I let it do what it wants as I watch the rain drops in to the ground. Rain is such a fascinating thing to watch and it will always be to me.

“Who is that?” my thoughts are interrupted by Chanyeol’s sudden question.

“Who is who?” I asked. Blinking a few times, confused. Chanyeol chuckled then tapped the end of his pencil against my notebook.

“The guy right here. You drew him perfectly even without looking at it.” He replied looking on my paper with an awe.

“Pffft. What are y --” I looked down, seeing a perfectly drawn portrait of a guy. It was Suho. My eyes widened immediately. What the heck? I held the paper, wondering how in the world I ended up drawing Suho. I frowned at the portrait, it looks perfect.

“Who is that guy?” Chanyeol asked once again.

“Is he your boyfriend?”

___________________________________________________

Awwwwww, do you guys enjoy the chapter? I hope you do. And if you really do then mind voting and leaving some comments? Because I'd really love to know what's on your mind now after reading this chapter. So, I hope you leave some comments and vote. I really appreciate if you do.