Date: 27/6, Tue (part 1)

Our grade went to a university library via coach early in the morning. I keep my guard up, preventing what happened in my previous lift ride from recurring. Nick turns to one of his friends as the lift doors close. I happen to be taking the same lift as him. 'Celestia, she........' he lowers his voice as he talks to his friends. The next second, I catch him looking at me in a pensive manner-we're looking at each other simultaneously. He jumps when he notices me staring. Wow, his eyes are pretty. I'm blushing and looking away next, wondering what he's heard- and said- about me. He might already be in a relationship. Our guide drones on and on softly as she leads us from one place to another. This much space in the library can solve housing problems if the filled shelves are moved elsewhere. Our guide mutters so quietly in the vast area I can't hear what she's saying. Apparently, we have half an hour of free time. I rest my butt on the nearest couch, put my backpack on the carpet and sit there, staring into space until it's time to meet up.

An arm snatches my backpack and lifts it up. Eva turns it upside down after unzipping it open. Everything inside falls out. She steps on my pack of throat candy before kicking my bottle aside. 'You carry those around all day?' Eva rubs her shoe soles on a nearby carpet. I pick both of them up, 'Hey! Gimme back!' My throat doesn't hurt anymore. 'Awww,' she dangles the bag by a strap, 'you're using the same brand as us. How cute. Is this your way of hiding your loser traits ?' 'You don't know anything.'

The tour guide temporarily lifts her eyes off the novel in her hands, 'Please keep quiet in the library.' How helpful. I put my stuff on the couch. Eva laughs, holding my bag, 'Catch me if you can.' She runs, avoiding people and ducking around bookshelves. I lose her within 10 seconds, she's that fast. 'No running.' The tour guide mutters, still reading. I want to take that book away from her. And give it back after ripping the pages out. Where's XYZ when I need help?

I skip through all the aisles without finding Eva. Giving up, I return to the couch to find my bag waiting there. "M germs" is written -in black- all over my backpack. I don't deserve this. They neither blur nor fade at my efforts of rubbing them. The urge to punch a hole in Eva's skull is very welcoming. Zipping it open, I see all my belongings tucked safely inside. Plus hand sanitizers. A few S1G2 people notice.

'Celcel?' A male voice asks. 'Hey,' none other than Nick sits down beside me on the couch, 'you might want to try alcohol.' I nearly squeak in shock, 'Uhhhhh.... That's not my biggest concern, but thanks for the advice.' I squirt hand sanitizers onto my bag in desperation. It doesn't work. 'Any ideas on how to hide this from my parents?' I dump my caution aside. 'Colour the whole thing black,' Nick touches my arm. I flinch, shrinking off the couch immediately, 'Don't touch me.' More people -S1G2 people and university students- peek at us from wherever they are. 'Celcel?' Nick seems confused. Celestia, you idiot! You're too cold. 'I think it's better if you use my name. For publicity, ok?' He seems to understand. 'Really, I don't need your help,' I grab my backpack, 'but I want it.' Nick is definitely confused, 'Wha-' 'Gotta go. Toodles,' I rally enough emotional energy to adopt a bleak smile before searching for another couch. He flashes me a million dollar smile some girls would die for, 'I'm still calling you Celcel.' Being at the receiving end of that smile, I can't tell if my heart skipped a beat or stopped functioning entirely. 'Please keep quiet,' The tour guide reiterates. Jeez. Who died and made her a tour guide?

Three to five girls look at me, discuss among themselves, then look at me again, shooting dirty looks. It's not only them, the whole class does from many different directions. I can't believe they find me interesting. What's happening? Some guys laugh loudly. Our tour guide still has her nose in the novel. A few people sneer at me but no one fills me in. The Person Whose Rucksack I Contaminated bares his teeth, 'You have no idea, do you?' Idea? What idea? I shrug him off. Nothing can be worse than being labelled "germy". Seeing me unconcerned, he facepalms, 'M Germs is sooo oblivious.' He doesn't even use my name. Though I never bothered to learn his. I pluck an impressively thick book off a shelf- a law book- and start flipping. 'Team Superman v.s. Team Batman on Class Experience Day,' He tries getting me on edge, 'you've been arranged to be on Team Superman with half of S1G2.' By Apple, no doubt. I'm sure she's also on my team. 'Wow. Cool,' I raise my eyes heavenward, 'thanks.'

'Not cool,' The Person Whose Rucksack I Contaminated wipes his palm on his pants after smacking the book out of my hands, 'Batmans are those in Athletic teams.' Everyone is watching-besides our tour guide, they wait for my reaction on an invisible cue. I'm going to go insane. 'I nearly feel bad for sore losers,' I kneel down to pick it up. Many S1G2 people laugh at my expense. My fingers graze the cover. 'Half the class is going to lose on Thursday because of you,' he sweeps the book further, it topples over and tumbles, 'all the strong ones allied together to win as a result of your existence.' He'll kiss my ass once he knows of my inheritance. 'You can't expect the entire class to win,' I glare straight at his face, scooting over until I grip the book. The Person Whose Rucksack I Contaminated snides, 'I wouldn't, not with the inconvenience you've caused.' It wasn't-I didn't-It's not my fault. He grins meanly, so does the other S1G2 people around us for one petrifying moment. Instantly know: my thoughts were out loud. More onlookers join in grinning menacingly, closely watching my every move. Since when was there a crowd? My heart jumps up and down angrily, so does my brain, 'From my presence?' Everything seems to be moving to and fro very quickly. 'She's shaking.' Someone says. Indeed, my body is. I'm not in control.

Stop. Stop shaking. Stop. Stop. Amid ill intended laughter, I realise I've actually shared what's on my mind once again. Why is this happening to me? I pinch myself hard. 'It's not my fault who's Batman and who's Superman.' My body finally quits shaking in fury, and I find myself huddling on the carpet. I'm surprised my voice is as calm as ever. 'Why do you care? You're not in S1G2.' The Person Whose Rucksack I Contaminated bends down to my level, 'You are nobody, so stop being such a nuisance.' I don't know how much more I can take. 'Seems like someone's pissed off,' I slowly stand on my own two feet, 'have it your way.' He will regret it when he knows how rich my family is. An S1G2 person does a perfect imitation of me leaking words while more of them jeer. I flinch without meaning to, my insides turning stretchier than elastic bands. More voices echo, jeering in the chorus. There's this thing coiled up tight in my stomach and a panic zaps through my whole body like a thunder strike. The Person Whose Rucksack I Contaminated stands up straight, 'You're not worth my time.' 'Likewise.' Mutual agreement formed. Stop wishful thinking, Celestia. No one likes you.

'Hey,' Nick saunters over to us, 'what's up?'. A mob of guys and girls swarm over him, talking over one another, all eager to explain what the eff happened. The jeerings temporarily forgotten by them. The Person Whose Rucksack I Contaminated sucks to Nick too. I tuck the law book back where I've found it right as our tour guide finishes her novel. 'It doesn't belong on this shelf.' She orders, 'Put it back to its original spot.' I hand it to her, 'That's where I found it.' She takes it, randomly flipping to a page, 'Why are the pages crumpled?' 'I don't know,' my voice is sharp. Her mouth forms an upside down smile in annoyance, 'What did you do, kid? Fold the pages?' S1G2 people have their eyes on me yet again. I don't have any energy left to explain, 'Don't ask.' Then comes the words I dread the most from one of my classmates, 'You don't have to mind her, miss-she's a monster.' Those words are jagged, hurtful even if I deny it. The tour guide berates me, 'How dare you damage-' 'It's not broken -and- and anyone could have done it,' My breaths get quicker and quicker, 'I'm innocent and I've just had a bad day being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Don't get the wrong idea.' Please gimme a break! Cut me some slack, ok? I'm scared, stop it! Leave me alone!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 2 of 27/6 entry coming soon! 

How's the drama for this chapter ? \(◎o◎)/

And can I get a vote (of confidence) ? Thank you!