Date: 7/7, Thurs (part 2)

A watery Nick cautiously peers at my teary eyes and I turn away. 'Celestia's eyes ARE puffy.' Apple confirms. I avoid blinking, making blurriness vanish the way it came. 'You will attend supplementary tutorials. This is the final decision.' Madame Lafrance says once again. Nope. She prattles, 'Might I remind you, Celestia Blank, that the consequences of truancy are several demerits.' I make a final stand, 'You bent the rules? Fine. Don't expect me to obey them.' Gasps emit around the room. Not directed at me, but to the Malaysian hottie next to me.

Nick tightens his fingers into a fist, only leaving his index and middle finger out straight, standing on the table. 'Does she have to come to school if I tutor her once a week in summer?' He walks his fingers up my left arm. Whispers ripple from our classmates. 'For real?' I check if my ears are broken. 'For real,' his answer is more sweeter than I expected. Ok, I didn't expect anything. Madame Lafrance shakes her head discouragingly. Rippling whispers turn into discussion waves. 'Hey,' Nick's fingers walk down my arm in silent support, 'you bent the rules, so can I.' Madame Lafrance just sighs, 'Nick, I appreciate your concern. Unfortunately, now is not the right ti-' 'As subject monitor, I'll help her in French. Semi-final. Besides, I'm not gonna travel.' 'Celestia will attend school,' Madame Lafrance's wrinkles etch over her cosmetic powder. I poke his hand in thanks, rallying myself. 'I doubt the school management board chairman will approve your actions,' I threaten, 'continue forcing me to join summer bummer class and you'll lose your career.' Madame Lafrance remains silent, seemingly caught between a rock and a hard place. In your face.

'I don't deserve this,' I say what I think. Discussion waves fade into complete silence. I take a shaky breath, 'It might be fun for you. But for me, it's ... horrible.' Every single person stops moving, they sit still, barely breathing. Even Apple holds her breath at my outburst while Madame Lafrance's mouth remains shut. The Person Whose Rucksack I Contaminated coughs, and our attention switches to him. I take the plunge, going further, 'Just because M Germs might be part of me doesn't mean it's who I am. So, please don't- don't define me by that.' The absolute silence still remains. No one moves until a guy with pretty brown eyes soothes, 'Well done, cutie.' Glances flick to me, not in distaste, but ... in dumbfoundedness. Utterly shocked that the quiet girl speaks her mind for once. Nick leans into me, both arms circling my torso, 'Succinct and effective, good for you.' It's a surprise I don't have a heart attack. Our classmates -so busy staring they've stopped doing their own things- are beyond thunderstruck.

I resist the urge to cuddle before hugging him back, shutting my eyes. It's an effort not to throw myself wholly into him. 'Busybody,' I mutter, glad he volunteered on the spot. A combo of gratitude and being flustered, to be exact. 'What was that?' His question is deliberate. I poke him in the arm and we unhug. Nick laughs, 'That's what she said.' Classmates- who got over their time out- laugh along, reverting the atmosphere. His fingers don't stop walking on the length of my arm. Upwards, upwards, upwards, until they climb all the way up on my shoulder, staying there for a while. 'I'll treat you to McDonalds for water.' He teases. Enjoy the moment, Celestia. I remove his hand for him, 'Such a cheapskate!' 'Keep in touch, Celcel. I'm waiting for your surprise.' He playfully twirls my ponytail around a finger, 'Nobody knows you're alive if you keep staying out of things.' Seeing my raised eyebrows, he says 'alive and kicking' for emphasis. Even though he could be right, I'm neither ready nor prepared to tackle my issues yet. So I drawl, 'Show off much, know-it-all?'

Our teacher sinks dejectedly into her chair, too irritated to teach. Apple leaps out of her seat, eager for an interview. 'Get back in your seat.' Madame Lafrance tries restoring order. Apple promptly rolls her eyes before asking Nick, 'Since when are you two on speaking terms? Last I've heard, Celestia never acknowledged your existence.' Nick nudges me, 'Ignoring the best looking male is next to impossible.' I croon, 'Be grateful you have my attention.' Apple's mouth falls open, 'What happened to make you two... communicate?' Madame Lafrance scowls heavily while using the classroom computer. The 3 of us turn to her in silence before sustaining our conversation. 'Nothing.' I -in some way- want to keep the truth from her. 'Nothing gooooood,' Nick pats my head twice, 'she forgot the real reason: I'm a nice guy who's available.' Apple teehees, sliding to my right, 'You're not the only available boy.' Nick's grin is nothing short of mischievous, 'I'm nice to Celestia though.' He strokes my brow as Apple raises hers in silent inquiry.

'We're friends.' Nick says. 'Wh-wha-what?' Apple is so bewildered she can barely form a word, 'Aren't you scared of M germs?' 'I'm beyond imaginary germs,' He taps his chin, 'besides, Celcel is prettier smiling than crying.' He glances over to me, 'You'll be too busy learning French to be a crybaby.' 'Celcel?' Apple echoes. Ignoring her reprimanding tone, I pinch Nick's cheek, 'And he'll be busy teaching me.' Apple suddenly leans forward to talk with Nick, 'I couldn't decide to pierce my ears or not. I heard it's painful but it's worth it. Do you think I'll be alluring with earrings?' I can't believe she actually said that. Nick raises his brows, 'I didn't know you needed beau-.'

'Apple, please go back to your table.' Madame Lafrance suddenly orders, her tone habitually reserved for misbehaving classmates. Apple unwillingly yields, 'Fine.' A blackish cylinder falls out of her pocket as she leaves. I scoop it up for her, 'Oh hey Apple! Your "stationary".' She nabs it straight out of my grasp way too quickly, 'Yup thanks.' Her cheeks have a subtle flush. Stationary? Black marker? Permanent? Realization clangs like metal, connecting my brain cells. I might as well have been hit over the head by a brick. My face blanches as certainly as something molten bubbles in my heart. Nick catches my eye. I'll be alright, I convey the silent message to him, fisting my dress tightly. How could she? After knowing what I'm going through? After declaring our "friendship" over and over? How cou-

'Keep yourself together, it's her loss,' Nick watches Apple go, 'she's a crab in the bucket.' I've been so freaking blind. Despite my heating eyes, I make my face neutral. 'I guess,' I boop his nose for distraction, 'everyone cries once in a while.' ' "Once in a while?",' he's surprisingly gentle, 'your eye water is enough to-' 'Nick, I can take care of myself,' I choke back tears, 'you don't have to provide extra sympathy.' Aware my eyes are at boiling temperature, I keep them open. God knows how much Apple's been badmouthing me. I'm the stupid gullible one for not doubting a word she said. A satisfied smirk pops on his lips, 'It wouldn't hurt to ask for help, would it?' No, not that-anything but that smirk. Breathing to calm down, I accidentally inhale too much, sounding like a sob. A worried glance from The Person Whose Rucksack I Contaminated sends me on edge. 'What?' I sound defensive, 'I'm not WEAK.' 'I'm kidding, crybaby,' Nick pushes a piece of tissue into my hand, 'Has it occurred to you that I care? That I'm being nice because you're my friend?' I replay happy thoughts, shaking my head. Nick strokes my brow- 'Cutie emotional support, coming through'- until I feel better. Everyone got real quiet after that. I lean on Nick's shoulder before chickening out, choosing not to acknowledge the people eyeing us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What an emotional roller coaster ride. (@_@;)  Good thing Nick's there to assist Celestia in keeping herself together. 

Part 3 of 7/7 entry coming soon!  

Comments are appreciated.