Epilogue

'Eva's mother is your maid ?' Nick gawps at the camera in his bedroom. 'For real?'

'Not my personal maid,' I shake sand from my hair, splashing my legs in the crystal clear waters, 'Liane is the family maid.'

'Wow.' XYZ chimes in, her face takes up a small part of my phone screen, 'When did you know ? Show us the Waikiki beach!'

I angle my phone so the camera captures the glittering blue ocean, tall palm trees and the golden sand. 'Ooh la la,' XYZ gasps in delight, 'it's paradise !' 'The beach is beautiful, Celcel,' Nick blows me a kiss. 'You too,' I wink to the camera, 'Hawaii is sweltering with all the sunlight, but you'd create heat waves when it's cloudy.' He smirks in reply.

'Get a room,' XYZ playfully rolls her eyes. 'Celestia, you still haven't explained how you knew who Eva's mother was.'

'Liane talked to me before we flew. She said she recognised Eva's handwriting on my backpack the day we went to the university library.' I take a sip of iced apple juice, 'You'll never guess where Eva is spending summer.'

'Where?' XYZ pounces on the question. 'Wasn't she expelled after Chief Principal saw those fight videos ? Gyan didn't get in trouble as he's not a student there. By the way, I think Eva never mentioned your background because she's jealous, but she-'

'XYZ,' Nick cuts in, 'Eva texted me she's been sent to a military version of summer camp the day after Mocktail.'

'Oh my gosh,' XYZ keeps a straight face, 'poor girl. But she's expelled, isn't she ?'

'Liane didn't give me a certain answer when I asked her,' I say, 'Nick ?'

'She says she's.... She's on probation.' He looks upset for a second, 'Eva couldn't bring her phone to camp. I'm worried about her.'

'Why don't you visit her ?' XYZ asks, 'I wouldn't wish military camps on my worst enemy. She must be drilling under tough conditions. Think of all the pushups.'

'I'm not feeling sorry for her.' I tap my chin, 'She did put you and me in a rough stage. Besides, Eva's prom date would no doubt be there for her.'

'Oh, and I'll totally visit her,' Nick grins. 'I'll buy Eva flowers on her last day of camp.' I can tell exactly what he's doing from the humourous gleam in his eyes. 'I'll get her sunflowers,' he adds as an afterthought.

'That's not a bad idea.' I add sweetly, 'Might as well buy her a big box of comfort food. Or chocolates. Say hi to her for me.'

'Don't forget to remind her we won't back down if she's mean to us in S.2!' XYZ chirps, 'Though Gyan already did.' She does a faux scowl, 'What about Apple?'

'Ah...' I say, 'We don't talk anymore.'

'We don't talk anymore,' Nick and XYZ sing together, 'we don't talk anymore, like we used to doooooo~'

'Oh please,' I roll my eyes, taking another sip of my drink, 'I'll still see her next year.'

A fierce grin appears on XYZ's mouth, 'In any case, we've got your back.'

'Yeah,' Nick sticks his tongue out, 'you'll see me when you get back to Hong Kong too. So don't slack off in French.'

'You're pretty sure of yourself, Swanspin.' I lick my lips, 'You'd be having a nosebleed if I'm in a bikini right now. Such a pity I'm not.'

'Show us your swimsuit, Celestia.' XYZ says while Nick does his cute puppy dog eyes.

I raise my phone, then tilt my wrist a bit.

'Whoa,' XYZ manages as I do a sexy finger bite, 'you look amazing, girl.'

'Nick,' she guffaws after glancing at a certain spot on her screen again, 'Nick, you're blushing like crazy!'

He's turned tomato red, 'I don't blush!'

'Yes you do,' I giggle, 'now you look how I feel.'

Nick coughed, 'My friends are going to like my love interest.'

Love interest. I can visualize the butterflies fluttering in my chest.

'Hey lovebirds,' XYZ changes the topic, 'did u guys receive the class allocation list ?'

'Yeah!' Nick says, 'I'm in S2G2. How about you, XYZ?'

'S2G3.'

'Oh my gosh, same class!' I squeak, 'We're gonna have tons of fun after summer vacay!'

'I'm so hyped!' XYZ pumps the air. 'We can hang out anytime!'

'Definitely,' Nick rests his chin in his hands, 'except I need time to hang out with the guys and all my other friends.'

'Yeah yeah, Mr. Popular,' I wrinkle my nose, 'I'll send both of you postcards.'

'You'd better,' XYZ snickers, 'or... you could send one to Apple Onadonga and make her green with envy. She deserves it.'

' "Wish you were here" works,' Nick jokes.

'So does "#bestsummerever",' says XYZ.

'Hey hey hey,' I clarify before those two get carried away, 'I'm ghosting her, remember?'

'Hot girl bummer,' Nick teases.

'C'mon,' I say, 'we have the rest of summer ahead of us!'

~Le fin~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ