Date: 8/7, Fri

Since Apple's keeping away, I've been chilling by myself. Doesn't mean I'm not hurting. Years of friendship flushed down the drain. If what we had was actual friendship. I've been thinking crazy last night.

'I've read that book too, "Harry Potter and the Half-Butt Prince".' Nick waves from a distance. 'Half butt, my ass,' I slip a bookmark between the pages, unable to avoid snorting in laughter, 'it's "half-blood" prince.' Nick tilts his head, silky brown hair flopping a bit, 'Your ass is-' I half heartedly grumble aloud. Nick takes it as a welcome sign, plopping down in the empty space next to me, 'You're pretty when you really smile.' 'Says the guy who's used that line on plenty of girls,' I shut the book, placing it aside, 'do I want to know what precisely happened yesterday?' 'No business boom, no-' 'Fine,' strings of hair loosen from my bun, 'I need to ask you something. Relax.' -Don't dance around the subject- 'Do you have a Mocktail date?' His mouth is the perfect example of a coy smile, 'What do you think, Celcel?' My mouth turns dry, 'I asked first.' 'I don't have a date.' 'Too bad,' I say nonchalantly, 'If all the girls are after you, who would you choose to the dance?' 'All the girls?' He repeats. 'Mmmm hmmm.' I deliberately leave my arms at my sides, outside my cardigan pockets. Hold my hand. C'mon. Hold my hand. 'We'll be in one huge squad.' He doesn't make a move, 'Gotta keep my options open.' There's a large chance he's already in a squad. 'I see,' my heart clenches, 'loads of fish in the sea. Good luck.' Nick quips, 'I'm searching for a sea pearl, not a fish. Better pry an oyster open first.' I shrug. He's not going to hold my hand even if I dangle an empty one in front of him.

'Thanks for not telling anyone about... my...banana.' Nick's face turns pink. 'Oh, I'd never.' I smirk, '100% confidential, right?' 'Yeah.' Nick shuffles awkwardly. If he doesn't make a move, you do. Forward. 'Your nails are so shiny,' I gush lamely. I'll lightly take his hand without waiting for a response, heart thundering dangerously. 'Celcel?' He asks. His skin is so smooth. 'Are you comfy with holding hands?' My voice is breathless. Nick's fingers lock with mine, his fingertips brushing my knuckles as he leans over, 'Yea, but I'm not the person using glov-Why are you wearing gloves?' His face is dangerously close. I memorise the exact shade of his eyes, 'Sweaty hands?' Quicker than I can react, he kisses me on the cheek.

My face tingles from his soft lips and I flush pink, suddenly finding myself unable to talk. My nerves are jingly all over. In short, I'm really, really dumbfounded. 'A-are you sure you know what you're doing?' I stammer, 'cuz I'm not.'

'There's this adorable cutie I'll definitely dance with-' Nick rubs the back of my hand, '-if she shows up to prom.' Sweet! 'See you Tuesday night,' I promise, 'wanna play 7 Minutes in Heaven sometime?' He called me adorable!

'Sure,' he slowly, slowly caresses the nape of my neck in circles with his other hand, my hormones are practically singing acapella. There's probably a cartoon heart above my head as I feel Nick's fingers circling faster on my neck. Askmeoutaskmeoutaskmeout! I impulsively wonder how nibbling his ears will be like, 'If there's static electricity, I can say there's a spark between us.' 'You're single,' Nick's voice catches, 'aren't y-'

'Celestia,' A voice possessing both cruelty and dominance remarks, 'What are you doing.' Eva's lips are open in heavy disapproval, her eyes fixed on me. Me and my latex gloves. I'm toast. Relaxing ripples on my neck vanish as I fight the panicky urge to apologise and leave alive. 'We're having fun,' Nick jerks his head. I resist the urge to roll my eyes at Eva, 'Is the rest of your entourage handing out flyers for you?' Eva completely disregards me, 'Hey. Nick, Can you give us two minutes? Me and Celestia need to talk.' Talk, my ass. 'Wait your turn,' I tsk, 'I'm busy.' Numerous people mingling about form a circle around their new entertainment-us. 'Busy?' She snarls lividly, 'BUSY?' Nick opens his mouth, 'Please-' 'Busy doing what?' Her hands fly to her waist, using the special glower specifically saved for me. Countless eyes from the onlookers swivel to me, waiting. I brush Nick's hand off, 'Busy getting along with the guy of my dreams. Could you.....' I stop meaningfully, doing a shooing motion.

'Hahahahahahahahaha!' Eva could've fallen over the floor laughing, 'You are so hilarious.' Nick's brown hair swings in the wind, his face a non-transparent mask. My legs move on their own and I find myself stepping to where she is. 'We've talked about this,' Eva wrinkles her nose, 'you stay in your lane.' She claps once. 'Stop.' Clap. 'Germing.' Clap. 'In.' Clap. 'School.' 'You're telling me to stay in my second-rate league? Not even if you pay me,' I clap back. Nick seems pained. 'You don't have anyone, except for XYZ and Apple,' Eva taunts, 'they aren't even your real friends.' Apple used to care. 'Shut up,' I want to drown her icy voice out even though she's half right.

'No one wants you here, WE don't want you here,' Eva snarls, 'so why don't you do the universe a favour and drop out of school.' 'Those two -I hate to say it- only pity you,' Eva displays one of her super smug smiles, 'they wouldn't stoop to your level otherwise.' XYZ cares about me, Apple used to too. A tiny pang erupts in my chest. And Nick...... He's keeping his mouth shut this instant, but taps his brow when our eyes meet.

I found the strength I need, along with unconditional care I crave so very often.

'You're so self-centered for tainting XYZ,' Eva sternly continues her insufferable speech, 'and quiet people are best left alone.' She chuckles unpleasantly. 'Isn't that right,' She glances at Nick, eager for approval, 'Nick?'

I retain her undivided attention on me, not giving her the satisfaction of seeing me recoil. 'I'm not.' Clap. 'Scared of.' Clap. 'Being.' One last clap. 'Alone.' I say coldly, 'Seems like your speech overran.' Nick saunters over beside me.

'Here's a brief summary: M germs are always -always- inside your body.' Eva's has that look on her face when she knows she's won. 'By the way, your bun is messed up,' she adds triumphantly, 'like you.' Nick's shoulder bumps mine. His infinitesimal gesture helps conceal the embers of my rage. Eva turns to Nick, faking a shudder. 'Why do you hang out with her? Celestia has M GERMS. Nick, don't you understand? You're one of us. SHE is-'

'My kind of girl.' Nick finishes with ease, 'She's priceless.' The crowd is dumbstruck. Eva scowls at the not-so-casual distance between me and him, 'Don't help spread M germs, that's Celestia's job!' Some people snicker in the clustering crowd. My blood boils so much I can't tell if my hair is spiking upwards. 'Eva,' Nick tone is alarmingly calm, 'I'd be a billionaire if I had a dollar every time someone mentions M germs.' Eva bares her teeth at me, 'She's been spouting germy nonsense again, hasn't she.' Her insult comes out unruffled.

Come to think of it, I haven't planned to use M germs as a weapon much. I yank the gloves off, hurling them at her stomach, 'You know, I wasn't born to be pushed around.' They whiz for a full second before hitting my target. It takes Eva seconds to realise the supposedly deadly side effects. It takes seconds for her to scream and push her way past our audience. It takes seconds for her to frantically wipe her uniform against the wall. 'Shall I rub more germs on you next time?' For some reason, I'm not so hurt anymore. Eva seems desperate for a shower, 'Next time won't be so unhygienic.' She scurries away, eyeing the gloves that went splat. How come she gets the last word? The small crowd gradually disassembles.

I'm clueless on how to lift the stifling air, or how Eva will deem me as nothing short of unworthy, or how Nick will eventually respond to Eva. 'Guy of your dreams, huh?' Something -probably devious mischief- flickers in his immensely brown eyes. I snap out of my thoughts, 'Unless you prefer to be my one and only?' I'm not in the mood to banter but still do, 'Thanks a bunch, Swoonspin.' He gives me a thumbs up, 'Because I can make all the girls swoon?' 'Simp, more like,' I badly want someone to hold me close, to tell me my life will get better.

Nick must've felt my mood shift, 'Join me for nightcore?' 'Sure,' I reply, surfing along the euphonies in my head, 'I get to choose.' He tenderly places an arm around my waist as I reach for my book. I maintain my stride, understanding he's charismatic enough to win votes if he wants to, 'Are you running for Prom King?' 'Not this year,' his touch is featherlight over the fabric, 'I mean-not until I find a girlfriend. You wanna swipe me right?' My heart caves in, 'Whoever that pearl is, she's very lucky.' 'Oh, she-yeah.' He doesn't miss a beat, 'But I'm figuring you out, cutie.' We walk to class S1G2 together. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who's melting into a puddle of sweetness ? Certainly not me. (Actually I'm already melting by the time I finished this chapter.) 

A vote to celebrate Celestia ultimately talking to Nick about the Mocktail Gathering ?

 Can't blame me for asking (≧∇≦)