4

--unedited.

The roads were still wet due to the rain, more like the thunderstorm that took place a few hours ago

The roads were still wet due to the rain, more like the thunderstorm that took place a few hours ago. The wind was chilly, and the sky darker than usual. And yet, at 2 AM in the night, some would call it daytime, but the darkness clearly proved its point, there was a figure, standing by a black Kawasaki-ninja Zx-10r, the tires, reflecting neon-purplish glow, as the figure stood, staring at a device in their hand. 

Dressed in loose black pants, and leather boots, an oversized shirt, tucked in the front, with a leather jacket on top, the person had a bucket hat, a mask on their face, and aviator glasses covering their eyes, making it difficult to realize whether they were a he or the opposite. 

The device in their hand rang, as they put it into their pocket, beginning to take steps towards a newly built apartment building. 

There was no light nearby, and yet the person walked inside the building as if they were used to coming here often. 

Pressing the 11th button, they stepped into the elevator, closing the metal-chained gate up, as the machine box began to move upwards. 

It made a ding every time it passed a level, a ding that echoed through dark unbuilt floors, making the eerie silence pressed against the surrounding, turning it all over suffocating. 

The person, however, simply stood by the elevator's corner, not worried in the slightest. 

As the box stopped, they opened the chained door, and moved out, walking straight ahead into a tunnel-like place, to end up facing a door, from beneath of which, a glow was emitting.

The faint sound of a gramophone playing could be heard, slicing through the silence, with the old 19's tunes. 

The person stood there for a second until the music from inside stopped, and the glow changed into a bright red light. 

There was a click, and the door swung open and the person entered, moving towards the big desk, behind which, on an armchair, a man sat, his back facing the window on the opposite side, and yet, his figure was quite visible due to the mirrored wall to his left. 

A fire was lightened in one of the corners but except that, there was a red light, bouncing off the shiny walls, small strips of light surrounding the room, just like laser beams. 

The man, dressed in a formal suit, the color blood red, wore a Joker mask, on his face, three-fourths of the skin was covered, all that was visible were his lips, which stretched into a wide smirk, as they sensed the stare of the person who had entered the room. 

The chair slowly turned around, as the man kept his feet on the table in front of him, staring at the person in front of them, 'Welcome, my dear, Ash~'

The raspy voice echoed through the area, as the person, supposedly, 'Ash' nodded, and sat down, in front of the man, taking off the glasses, and keeping them on the table, as 'she', stared right onto the man's face, who laughed. 

'The time has come, for you to uncover, a few lies, darling~'- he said, as he slid a folder over the glass of the table, it skidding through the surface and stopping right in front of Ash, who stared at the man for a few seconds, before picking it up, and opening it. 

The music on the gramophone once again began to play, as the man picked up the glass of wine from his side, sipping it once, 

'And of course, the game has begun~'- he whispered, to himself, smirking. 

He was oblivious to Ash, whose face bore a smirk beneath the mask too, a smirk which caught the smell, of a 'lie'.

'Truly, the game has begun.'- Ash thought, staring right into the folder's first page, where four pictures, of smiling faces, were stuck, each with a name below. 

Oh, how familiar it all was, and oh, how many things were going to take place now~