The twist.

I could hear footsteps creeping inside or outside the house I was really sure with my eyes close so I slowly open my eyes and reach my hand under the pillow I was laying on. Kenzo was crouching across the living room floor and sits behind the kitchen island, I look up and she holds her finger to her mouth and pointed to the window behind me.
A couple figures walk pass they said 10pm I glance at the clock it's 5:30 in the morning shit. Kenzo slides further back then the door opens pure silence fell over the house,all you hear are footsteps. They move to the back of the cabin and Kenzo disappeared behind the island,I slide to the floor and roll under the couch and followed the path to a underground parking ramp.
Kenzie pulls to the hole my dugout leads to and we drive out ending up at the top of the hill watching the house as they sit and wait.
"He said pm that's night time it's 5:30 in the morning fuck man.!"
I hit the dash board and let a yell out.
"Calm yourself sheesh we're on schedule." Driving off down the hill we pass the house then pass the house her car is parked.
Kenzo was to calm about this whole situation and it's not sitting right with me. Turning onto the highway we head for Mankato.

9:30 pm....

"We've been here for hours what are we waiting for?we should be heading to the spot Dime is at."
   I'm impatient at this point we've been sitting ducks for hours and nothing. I look towards the building and cars begin to leave the building they must be heading towards the two spots. Kenzo shifts in her seat and looks over at me.
"I love you no matter what happens tonight we stick to the plan and this will be over soon,smooth and quick."
    Kenzo shifts again reaching in the back seat grabbing a backpack, She takes a deep sigh and opens the door.
"Let's go"
    We walk towards the building,into the lobby and up the stairs. You can hear laughing and Dime talking to someone next thing you know Kenzo kicks in the door and finds Dime sitting at a desk. He slowly hangs up the phone and sits back in his chair.
"So how'd you find me." Dime chuckles a little "I thought you were dead or something we been looking for you."
    Kenzo takes her gun off safety and points it at Dime.
"Hold on what's this about? I'm yo man ."
"Yea cause last time I checked you been plotting on me trying to set me up and trying to kill my wife your a fuckin snake."
    Dime shifts in his seat and scoots back from the desk, Kenzo walks closer to him.
"There's no time for this birdie shot him stick to the fuckin plan."
"Come on Birdie I would never go against you like that all those years was just business I wanted a piece of what you had and was only trying to get what I deserved I put in so much work for you and got nothing in return you left the life of our business in the hands of her and she wasn't doing shit to make sure we ate."
Dime stood up from his desk and fixed his suit, I look at Kenzo and shot nudges her gun towards him. I just got out of jail not to long ago why am I back to doing crime.? Especially a killing out of all things. It just brings back memories of the day I killed peso, the guilt never set in with him he deserved that for sure but Dime I'm definitely gone feel a certain feeling not sure what feeling but one will brew off this killing.
"Yo I'd do anything for you and got nothing in return but being a right hand man tsk I need more then that I needed money and a fat ass car too bit got nothing but bullshit."
   Dime looks at Kenzo and then at me,I'm not really sure what to do to be honest. Was that war with her worth it? Was it worth the pain and suffering a lot of people went through.? Nah I don't think so now I'm stuck between my money and my family. I choose her I lose everything could possibly even be my life and if I choose the drug life I loose my family the love of my life my dear boy.
    That moment I made a decision I held the gun up aimed towards Dime and pulled the trigger in the matter of moments the "king" fell.

Kenzo phone rings
"Yea....okay...good see you soon."

   Kenzo looks at me and walks towards the door "let's go we're done here."

12am hideout cabin in Egan

    For the rest of the night we were silent honestly didn't have anything to say and I'm guessing she didn't either. Kenzo walks out onto the deck and sit on the loveseat next to me, she grabs my hand and begins to cry.
"What's wrong with you Kenzo?"
"Just exhausted that's all the two houses were taken care of too so your sky free now."
    Kenzo let's go of my hand and stands to walk away, I grab her hand again and pull her to her knees. Her beautiful skin glows in the moonlight the tears falling like rain does on a window after it stops raining, the pain in her eyes are just unbearable. I lift her face to mines and kiss her gentle on the lips and wrap my arms around her tight pulling her in closer.
She lays her head on me and snuggles her face in my neck, the night breeze takes us away to a different reality where things were just perfect. I squeeze her body closer caressing her back a deep sigh and she gets up and walks towards the cabin.
"Look Birdie I don't wanna complicate this more tomorrow we'll be going our separate ways and that's for good no more me, no more Cole,no more family I'm emotionally tired and now I need to focus on him you've hurt me for the long time and although I have done the same I can no longer hurt you."
    Kenzo sniffles and walks away " so why not kill me anyways.? I did everything I could to save you and your going to walk away like this.? Like we didn't go through so much."
     I walk in the house behind her and follow her to her room "huh why not just kill me then? Without you I have nothing and you know that."
      That moment anger took over me and I grab her by the hair and push her to the bed, she never flinched once she just sat there as I had my hands around her neck squeezing looking in her eyes.
"I should just kill you."
Squeezing hard
"you fuckin ruined everything for me"
And harder
"You should of killed me when you had the chance you betrayed me and I saved you."
And then she passes out.