Disappeared

Y/N's P.O.V.

Feeling the morning sun blare onto my face I slowly start to regain consciousness. I go to raise my hands to run my face I feel they are pinned under something, so I raise my head seeing Yelena sleeping comfortably. I blink a few times peering down seeing the position we are in.

As I'm still in a seated position I see Yelena has moved to where her head is resting farther on my lap, her face nestled into my stomach. Her arms are wrapped tightly around my waist pinning my arms at my sides being the reason I can move them. Her right leg that is wrapped where she injured herself is bent to her side while the other is straighten.

A small smile graces my face seeing that she's getting the rest that she obviously needed. So I only move my head towards the kitchen looking at the time on the microwave, reading it's only six in the morning. I curse myself at only getting three hours of sleep and that I'm always up before seven, even on my days off.

Turning my head back around I feel it catch, "Ah..." I hiss at the sudden stiffness. Even though my comment was quiet Yelena starts to move around.

I hold my breath hoping that I didn't just wake her up but when her eyes flutter open I mentally curse myself.

Jumping away from me like I'm some kid of monster she's suddenly on the other side of the couch, "Sorry."

"No please don't be sorry," I whisper easing my way closer to her but seeing her tighten up I stop my movements, "I should be the one apologizing. I didn't mean to wake you up so early."

Yelena shakes her head slowly standing to her feet, "I'm going to leave anyway. Just give me 10 minutes and it'll be like I was never here."

God this girl is relentless about resting her body. So I counter her, "How about I get dressed and ready to get us breakfast. Then after that you can leave."

She ponders for a minute but nods her head. I clap excitedly and jump to my feet rushing to my room, "Okay! The market is just down the street so it won't be but fifteen minutes max." I tell her as I stand in my doorway. She doesn't say anything else so I get dress in a hurry only throwing on some Nike shorts and a loose t-shirt before sprinting to the bathroom.

I do my normal routine and as I'm finishing up I check my hair. It's still in a messy bun but it looks good enough to just go where I'm headed.

Putting my deodorant on I place it back in the cabinet coming back to Yelena, "I set out an extra toothbrush, clothes and towel so you can shower." Grabbing my keys and saying a quick goodbye to Bubs I exit the apartment.

I close and lock the door and as soon as I turn around I bump into my dear friend Phillis, "I'm so-"

I can't even complete my damn sentence before a cane smack into my calf, "Ow!" I say pounder than expected but being surprised by the sudden pain I couldn't help it, "What was that for?"

"You almost knocked me down you cluts." Phillis hisses with her usual gravely voice.

"I ought to call the police for assault on your ass."

Phillis just smiles, "And I would plead self defense. Now who would they believe? A young naïve girl or a poor elderly woman who lives by herself."

I let go of my leg and stare at her, "You're an old bitch you know that?"

"And you're a young entitled brat."

I begin to open my mouth to say a smart ass comment back to her but my door unlocks swinging open revealing a pissed off Yelena, "What's the problem?"

Phillis and I both just stare at one another before looking at Yelena pointing at each other, "She started it!" We both say at the same time throwing each other another harsh glare.