Why?

Y/N's P.O.V.

I jolt awake lifting myself into a seated position panting while also sweating profusely. Rubbing my forehead to get sweat off of it I glance around the room as it's still lit up by my lamp. Still trying to catch my breath I feel all around my body to make sure my nightmare wasn't real and thank god it wasn't.

I fall onto my back in my bed spreading my arms all around trying to reach out for Yelena but feel the bed is empty. I turn to my left at where she last was and I'm only met by crinkled sheets where she once laid.

I should've known that she wasn't going to stay after the last time. We still are strangers to one another but for some reason she brings calmness to my being..well after I found out she wasn't going to kill me. After tonight though it's very clear that she isn't going to harm me.

I want to curse myself for my ability to get so attached to people or things so easily. It fucking sucks because I either come across as clingy or just annoying as hell, which I don't mean to be. I'm just the type that once you're in my life and we click, I want you to stay forever. It's a blessing because I have Kate and Clint but it's a curse because I've grown a small platonic liking to the Russian, so when she leaves I'm disappointed all over again.

I roll over until my head is on the pillow she was once on and I just bury my face in it, "Why?" Asking the question out loud it just comes out muffled.

I perk up though once I hear my bedroom door opening very slowly, "Yelena?"

"Damn it." She curses and I quickly sit up again allowing the sheets to pool at my waist. I then take in the duffel bag she's carrying, "Where are you going?" I point to the bag now questioning how the hell she got it but push it away.

She faulters surprised I'm awake and already asking her questions, "I-Well see..."

"You're leaving aren't you?"

Being brutally honest she answers with a simple, "Yes." Hearing those words I pull my knees to my chest as I pull my lips into my mouth nodding, "Look I did what you asked. I stayed while you went to sleep and I even held you." She quips throwing her hands up in confusion.

God is she heartless or has she never been shown how to treat a human being with compassion, even without being asked, "We only slept what, two hours? I begged you to stay with me."

Yelena doesn't mask the frustration that's growing by her facial expressions, "And that's what I did!"

I slam my hands down on the mattress as my frustration grows too, "So you planned on disappearing again? Just like you did the morning after I took care of you." I pause looking around at the ground to gather my thoughts, "I have opened my home willingly to you two times now. I don't regret it but I even went out to get you breakfast and everything! That's when I got crashed into by a cyclist making all these appear," I point around to the healing wounds on my face, "On top of that I came back to you being gone. No note, nothing Yelena! That's not fair!"

Yelena stays silent refusing to make eye contact so I rip the blankets off my lap and walk to stand in front of her. Now I notice our height difference, which isn't much but it's only because my torso is a bit longer than hers, "Can you look at me when we're talking?"

"Why?" She catches me by surprise with that question so I open my mouth trying to find the right words to say but she doesn't allow that, "The conversation is over Y/N because I'm leaving. I did everything you asked me to do so now let me go."

I know I've lost this battle the moment we started talking but that doesn't get in my way, "I appreciate that! God I appreciate you saving my life and taking care of me but I...I wish you'd just stay a bit longer." She jiggles the duffle bag a few times trying to distract herself from the situation, "I mean if you're leaving then explain the suits and why you fell onto my stairs black and blue."