False Alarm

Yelena's P.O.V.

After laying Y/N down in the back of a car, that I was able to hot wire, I immediately stomped on the gas so I could get us to the nearest hospital, "Y-Y/N you're going to be okay.." I mumble out loud but more to myself as she's passed out cold. I take another quick glance at her and see that she isn't as pale as she was back at the rink but I pay no mind to it because we are out of the snow so that could have an affect on her.

Thinking back on her words of how I chose to do the right thing and how I wasn't a so called monster made me grin. I might be more brutal than Natasha but she still rubbed off on me quiet a bit before she left to fight Thanos. Maybe Y/N has uncovered this more...caring side of me that Natasha tried to teach me in the time we were together.

Reaching behind me I grip Y/N's arm, "We are-"

"Jesus Christ alive Yel!" Y/N gasped grabbing my wrist strongly as she raises up into a sitting position, which by the way, freaks me out so we both look at one another and scream, "What the hell was that!"

Looking at each other with wide eyes I swiftly turn around in my seat and stop the car, jolting us both forward, "Ow that really hurt..." Y/N groans rubbing her forehead after hitting it on the back of my seat, "What is going on?"

I let out a dry gasp, "What's going on?" Turning around I stare at her wide eyed, "Y/N you were shot and bleeding out! Now you're in the back seat rising up like Jesus himself..so excuse me for being caught off guard."

Y/N'S P.O.V.

I look down at my shoulder seeing that there is dried blood everywhere but no wound to cause that much blood to be on my skin or my clothes. I then start to panic a bit because this shit does not make sense at all. Running hands all over my body I start to breathe heavily, "Yelena what the fuck! You're fucking with me...who's blood is this?"

"Do you not remember?" The Russian asks with a more worried look on her face, "Y/N you were shot by a sniper..."

I run my dry tongue across my bottom lip trying to make sense of things, "The last thing I remember was being stepped on by the biggest Russian guy I've every seen. Anything else after that I'm at a loss."

The snow beginning to fall more rapidly and the temperature dropping, I shiver as I wrap my arms around my cold body. Yelena as usual notices my actions and pulls me forward until I'm sitting in the front seat, "Y/N you looked rather beautiful but you should've stayed close to the hotel with the police."

I roll my eyes followed by a scoff, "Please and let you kill Clint or worse..."

"What would be worse?"

"Never mind Yelena, take me back to my apartment so I can take a hot shower." I ask with a lowered tone as I refuse to make eye contact with her.

"Y/N what's worse than losing Clint huh?" I still remain silent and Yelena's patience wears thin as she now turns my face to look at her but she was gentle, "What is worse than losing Clint?"

"Possibly losing you! Have you not figured it out that I care for you deeply? I mean maybe it's a surprise that someone other than Natasha could care for you but I do!" I throw my hands in the air before letting them slap onto my thighs not understanding why I'm snapping at her. It might be from frustration or slowly coming back down from such a chaotic event and my nerves are calming down.

I just don't understand and have so many questions because if I really was shot....then why am I completely healed like nothing happened.

I peer out of my fogged window and glance in the mirror seeing flames behind me along with gathering smoke and flashing lights. There's no crowd but there are bodies on the ground.