Never Baby

Y/N's P.O.V.

Feeling chills cover my body as a cold breeze sweeps through my room I wake up disoriented as it's still dark outside and it feels like I haven't even slept an hour. Taking a glance at my phone...I was right, it's almost 4 a.m.

Missing the warmth Yelena provided me, I lazily ran my hand over the bed feeling nothing except my cold bed sheets. Looking the best I can around my room as my eyelids begin to open up a lot more, I don't see Yelena anywhere.

I move into a sitting position hissing at the soreness all over my body, some in the most spectacular ways while the other...mmm not so much due to getting my shit rocked by the cyborg lady. The familiar pain of my shoulder begins to throb but I ignore it throwing my legs over the edge of my bed and slowly ease onto my feet, "Damn.." I wince holding my back like that old ass hag Phillis does.

I get a pit of underwear, slipping them on and then my over sized flannel, only to button three buttons to cover my chest. I pad over to my door, slowly opening it meeting my living room lit up by the TV while the rest of my apartment is dark.

I hear some random dialogue on the movie that's playing so I peak around the corner to see Yelena sitting on the couch. I feel heat rising in my cheeks as she's only wearing a sports bra and Nike spandex, allowing her perfectly toned stomach to be shown off.

Running my fingers through my hair I walk over quietly gaining the attention of the Russian, "Why are you awake?"

Shrugging I walk closer holding my arms close to my body, "I got cold and you weren't there." I jut my bottom lip out and she just smirks tapping her lap, "Come here detka."

I blush hearing that common word she always uses and close the distance between us. She has her arms open so I throw my legs on each side of her, straddling her lap, and then throw my arms over her shoulders, "Hi."

"Hey pretty girl." Yelena whispers with a smile putting her hand on the side of my neck, stroking my jawline with her thumb. Her smile is soft yet kind of sad even knowing she has a natural frown, it just looks different. Her eyes are tired looking and I see nothing but discomfort in those beautiful orbs.

"What's wrong Lena?"

"Nothing."

"It's something so tell me." I glance between her lips and eyes while subconsciously playing with the hairs on the back of her neck.

Sighing her hand drops from my neck but rests on my hip as she licks her lips, "Tonight really bothered me." I drop my head knowing it's about me, "Seeing you getting involved in that fight scared me. Especially seeing that woman stalk you like you were her prey and what she said..." Yelena pauses as her eyes move back and fourth repeatedly, "I appreciate you coming back for me but you can NOT get involved with this mess."

"I know you're mad at me but-"

"I'm not mad you, that's not the point."

"Then what is the point? I can handle myself and I showed that even if it wasn't as good as you but still. I think I did-"

"I can't lose you!" Yelena raises her voice making me snap my head back up to meet her now glossy eyes, "I've already lost Natasha so I can't lose you Y/N. You take care of me, show me compassion, safety and hell you've given me a place to stay without knowing me...all of me. I-I can't lose you or what we have going on because I don't think I'd be able to handle another loss."

My heart sinks a bit seeing the toll this has taken on her, "You won't okay?" I kiss her cheek before leaning back just enough to see her eyes, "Everything worked out didn't it?"