Look After You

*Apologies in advance*🥺

No one's P.O.V.

Yelena held Y/N in her arms all night as she stayed up trying to relish this last moment they'll have together. Not once did she let the girl laying on her her even an inch away because she knew once the sun rose that this would end.

Throughout the night Yelena had many inner battles with herself whether or not to really cancel the mission. What if she took the rest of the money Val gave her and she gave back in order to pull herself out? Then repay her the rest that she has already spent no matter how long it took. Hell, maybe even just went into hiding and never speak to Val again, but giving it more thought Yelena knew that wouldn't be possible. Val could easily hire someone else to come after Yelena just like she hired Yelena to go after Clint.

Running every possible scenario in her head it began to make Yelena infuriated. She's pissed that she has once again dug her own grave and now she's having to lay in it. She knows though if she stayed here that it just wouldn't be fair to the girl. Pulling her in different directions as the people she adored most were now in a battle. Yelena had to sacrifice something but if it keeps Y/N safe nor damages her any further then she'd make this choice very time.

Thinking back on the altercation with Kate, the anger she feels soon replaces any doubts. She hated seeing Y/N on the ground looking up at her so called friend with tears in her eyes. She hated how Kate spoke to Y/N and used her father against her in such a way that it even surprised Yelena herself. Nothing about that evening was right from the moment Yelena charged at Kate.

Apart from everything though, Yelena still see's Kate to be harmless and for that she knows she'd spare her life. Even after their one on one conversation, Yelena knows deep down that she wouldn't kill Kate. She can see that Kate is a good person but she's blind when it comes to Clint.

Finding out that he's the Ronin truly worried Yelena because she knows how many people he's killed, she knows about his rampages all around the world and just how dangerous New York's 'hero' is.

That's another thing that pisses her off because even though Natasha was a Widow and did the same thing as the Ronin did, at least she owned up to it. At least Natasha had the decency to show her face and lay down everything she's done while Clint...he hides behind this mask while on his murder spree's.

People are such hypocrites because when an Avenger breaks the rules they become a hero, I do it and I become the enemy.

Yelena began to hear the birds chirping outside and turned her head to see the sky start to light up. She drew in a deep breath while looking up at the ceiling clenching her jaws trying not to cry already. While she was in deep thought Y/N shifted and laid beside her but still had her head on Yelena's chest, arm thrown over her torso and her leg tangled with the Russians. Yelena kissed the top of the girls head multiple times blinking away the tears that don't seem to stop forming.

Very carefully Yelena lifted Y/N's arm and started to wiggle out of the death grip the girl had on her and finally she slid out from her grip. An audible whine left Y/N's lips but Yelena quickly slid the pillow she was laying on next to the girl, who quickly held onto it burying her face into the soft pillow.

Searching around the room Yelena found a piece of paper and a pen. She remembered how Y/N got so upset over never leaving a note so Yelena took her time writing this one hoping it'll bring joy to Y/N's fragile heart. Pouring her heart out onto the paper Yelena's handwriting became sloppy as her struggle to hold back her emotions were beginning to fail. Eventually she closed out the note and folded it before placing it on the dresser in her room.