So Annoying

Y/N's P.O.V.

After Yelena agreeing to stay with me she hailed a taxi and told them what hotel she was staying in, "Wait that's crazy! That's basically 3 blocks away from me!" I slap her arm repeatedly and she covers herself for protection, "Easy with the violence!"

I scoff, "Do I need to remind you of the other night after the bar?"

Yelena's face tightened and she gritted her teeth, "No because I'd want to kill him all over again."

"Look I'm sorry...I was just trying-" Yelena interjects but in a hushed tone, "Nothing. If it wasn't for me then I'd be a whole different story, hell you'd probably be in the morning newspaper." She scoots away from me and yanks the door handle on the Taxi causing it to open with force.

I'm surprised it didn't pop a hinge or she didn't even break the door handle. I just smile awkwardly at the driver fixing to pay him but he shakes his head, "She threw me money earlier."

I nod mumbling 'okay' and try to catch up to Yelena as she's already entering the lobby of the hotel. I squeeze through the opening as others are flowing out opposite direction of me but soon I'm on her heels, "I don't want to argue." I say pulling on the back of her long coat.

Yelena remains silent and walks into the elevator as I do too before pressing the button to her floor. I rock back and forth on my heels with my hands cuffed in front of me, "I shouldn't have tried to make a joke out of that situation," I mumble staring at the floor. It was a mistake and to throw that at her unexpectedly even if I didn't mean harm, it's still not a good excuse for what I did.

*Ding*

We are on her floor and she doesn't say nor look at me as if I'm not here continuing on her per suit to her room.

What do I do?

I follow her like a lost puppy with my head hanging low and I'm becoming fidgety with my hands. I'm either picking at my nails, pulling the skin on my knuckles or popping my fingers, it doesn't matter.

We both come to a stop as she pulls out her room card, inserting it into the slot and pushing the door open. I step in after her and the room is nice honestly. There's a a queen size bed in the center of the room, a huge tv in the wall with multiple desk tables and well everything else that is in a hotel room.

There are only a couple of duffel bags scattered around but look full, "You don't unpack?"

"No."

My shoulders slump at her tone and I sit on the edge of the bed in silence as she gathers the things that aren't in the bags

I don't really know how long I stared at the patterns on the carpet floor but long enough to pick our animal shapes in the random designs. I also did find a shape that looked like a penis and my childish side wanted to let out a giggle but it wasn't the appropriate time.

"Ready?" Yelena asks bringing me out of my thoughts. Shaking my head while repeatedly blinking my eyes, "Y-Yeah but before we go I need to fix something."

"I'm not mad Y/N okay? I'm fine now."

I disagree silently rubbing my knees nervously before walking to stand in front of her, "You're not though. Obviously my words bothered you in some way."

The Russian just sets her bags down so she can run both of her hands over her face, "I just don't see how you can almost make a joke about an attempted assault against you. Thank god I was there Y/N because..." She pauses and I can see how bothered she still is about that night, "Thinking about it makes all the anger I had that night resurface."