And Let's Wait- Ch 12

A/N
So here is the next chapter.  It starts with a phone call.  I have been accused by my sounding board of being too hard on Loralei.  But even after I watch the series more than once, I just can't let it go.  Let me know what you think.  Plus our boy will start healing a little more after this chapter.  Hope you enjoy!

Rory sat at the bistro table watching Colin talk on the phone, presumably with Finn.  She decided to call her Mom.  So much had happened today and she needed to catch her up.  She looked at her watch and decided to call her at the house.

"Hey Sweets, what's up?"  Lorelai answered.

"Hi, Mom." Rory paused.

"What's going on?  Is everything ok?"  Lorelai asked.

"Mom, today had been such a long day," Rory sighed.

"Long as in good or long as in bad?"

"It has been long, as in lots going on.  So they woke Logan up this morning."

"Well, that's great. Isn't it?"

"Yeah, that is amazing.  He has been awake, we have been talking, he even got out of bed for a little while this morning.  But he has also gotten dizzy, and now has this headache.  Plus he seems confused and can't quite remember some words.  So the Dr came in and took him for a scan to see what was going on.  Mom, he was in so much pain, and he was so pale."

"Oh, sweetheart, he is in the right place.  The doctors will figure out what is going on.  But you have been able to talk to him, that is good right?"

"Yeah.  We have decided to be in a relationship again."

"What exactly does that mean Rory?  Have you forgiven him? Are you quitting your job?" Loralei's voice raising a little at the end.

"Mom, it means that Logan and I are going to work this out.  We are going to talk and compromise about what we are doing.  And for right now it will be a long distance relationship with some rules."

"Rory, what are you doing?  He walked away from you.  He broke your heart and you are just going to give up all your dreams for HIM? You are going to change all our plans for someone who is obviously not good for you?  Someone that leads you into making bad choices?"

"No, Mom, that is not what I am saying. Yes, I forgave him and he listened to me.  He told me why he did all the things he did, and I understand him better.  For now, I am not quitting my job, but we have plans to make.  And we are going to make decisions together."

"Well, good, I am glad you guys have talked.  I just don't want him to hurt you again.  You guys are too young to get married and you need a career. And he needs to grow up, maybe learn what real life is without the silver spoon."

"Mom, I think I can make some decisions on my own. And I want to discuss all my plans with Logan.  I know that I will do some things you won't agree with, but I need you to know that they are my decisions, or decisions with Logan, and I don't want you holding them against him.  I need to decide on my own career and what I truly want to do.  You have always blamed Logan for decisions I made and he was supportive.  And if we do decide to get married and when is our decision, not yours.  I have met couples who got married young as you would  put it, and they are still together, working together.  They decided together what to do and where to go.  Honestly, I like that idea."

"Oh, so you want to be like Grandma and just do what her husband and society expects?"

"NO, I want to live my life with a partner by my side who I love, respect and will grow and change with me as my life changes.  One who will cheer me on, challenge me and enjoy all there is with me."