Not a Good-Bye- Ch 18

A/N So I was trying to get this update to you guys via my phone and DELETED the chapter.  Thankfully I could restore it on my desktop.  Mild heart attack adverted. Also you will begin to see cameos of some of my favorite characters.  Smile face to those who can spot them.

I own nothing, not Gilmore Girls or the original storyline.  That is why I am doing this.

As the afternoon wore on and the group chatted, Rory seemed to gravitate toward Logan and just continue to touch him, just little touches. A touch to his arm, fingers gently tangled together or her brushing his hair off his forehead. She mentally noted the scruff beginning to become noticeable on his chin and jaw. It reminded her back to him being in the hospital before and his recovery after. He hadn't shaved during that time, but it seemed that with an additional year of age his scruff was growing in a bit darker than before. She was focused on the difference as the boys continued to talk in the background. She also noticed how as the afternoon wore on Logan had been a bit more focused, not as floaty or keeping his eyes closed as before. She noticed that the meds must have been wearing off and was about to leave when Matthew walked in followed by the orderly with Logan's meal.

"Oh, wow. I didn't realize that it was getting so late." Rory commented on the men walking into the room and the guys quieting their discussion.

"I get off work in about an hour and am doing one last set of rounds. Your night nurse has all the notes from today and this past week. She will be here for the next 3 nights. I was going to give you a dose of medication, so we can stay ahead of your pain."

Logan, who had been holding Rory's hand the entire time, responded, "Could we wait for a while? I'm just starting to feel focused and two of these guys are leaving in the morning." He gently squeezed Rory's hand. "I want to stay a little more coherent until they leave. It will be about 2 weeks before I can see my girl in person."

"Well, I should really push you to take the dose now. You know how last night felt." Matthew looked pointedly at Logan who nodded, but directed his eyes to Rory in an unspoken conversation, "But I understand. So, I'll hold off, but I'm warning you now. When Kalinda gets in, she will give you the meds. And probably something to help you sleep through the night. She is tough, but a great nurse."

"Thanks man, I appreciate it." Logan responded. "And I won't give her any trouble."

"Oh, she won't let you. Just go ahead and eat. I'll wait on the meds." Matthew was turning to leave, "Nice to meet you Rory. I'm not sure if I will be at work when you come back for a visit, but I promise that we will take care of your guy here. Dr Hawkins is one of the best. And I'll check out your online paper. Logan promised to help me find it. Good luck."

Once the two were out the door, the group all looked at the meal that had been placed in front of Logan. They all smirked, waiting for the response that they knew was going to come from Logan over the soft food diet he was still on and the undefined food which lay in front of him.

"Ugh, what the hell is this?" Logan began as he picked up the paper wrapped utensils and removed the fork and stabbed the mound of white, that looked like mushed up noodles in a white sauce with over cooked broccoli as a side. Of coure the meal included a small container of applesauce and a protein drink.

The trio of onlookers tried to hold in their snickers, but were not as successful as they wanted to be. Logan gave each of them a glare.

"Ok, you three, go ahead and laugh this up. Just keep enjoying my pain." He began as he dropped the fork onto the plate and laid his head back, eyes closed and groaned. "This is disgusting, and I can't even tell what it is."