Deadly

A/N: hi guys! big shoutout to @OverHxe this week. Thanks to her, all of the chapters posted this week are because of her. Go check out her works (especially if your an anime fan). Love you g <3

---------- actual chapter----------

Ginny and Kaiden were our childhood bestfriends.

Steve was convinced they were dating for the first few weeks of knowing them and it took the brave guts of me to dare them to kiss. I knew they weren't dating, their faces were too similar in structure.

Ginny and Kaiden are twins. Kaiden is older by 5 minutes. They lived a good life. Grew up to be good people. Gianna, but refused to be called that was my bestfriend. She had dark skin the complimented her intense kinky hair. She was a influencer and made beauty videos on her YouTube page. She went viral with her hair tutorials and does a bunch of different hairstyles. I think I've seen at least 4 containers of gel. She uses it a lot. Her brother Kaiden is a professor. He works at Stanford and teaches some medicine class. Kaiden was almost an exact replica of Ginny.

Kaiden was a laidback, down to earth kid. His child hood was set up for him. His father was a surgeon who always encouraged his kids to work in the medical field but never forced them. Their mother was a chef who often invited Mom over to give her recipes. Kaid did take after his father, but he enjoyed working with youth. He gave Steve a few pointers on how to help with open wounds.

Ginny and Kaiden were the only two people in the outside world that knew what we did.

"Scout!" Ginny squeals as she shuts the door of her brothers Jeep. I greet her with lazy open arms, feeling my need for alcohol increase.

"Hey Ginny." I mumble against her ear as we let go from our embrace. The boys do some "bro-hug" thing before we all fell out of the bar parking lot and into the establishment. It was packed, as it was Friday. I take my usual spot and the rest of the group follows. It wasn't a bar just typical people walk into. If you didn't belong there, people knew and the people weren't happy.

Some of them Steve and I have worked with in the past, some of them we could care less to help. They weren't too thrilled to see Ginny and Kaiden the first time we brought them here. But it's the only place that doesn't request an ID. Which is pretty important when you're on the DL.

"How you been? You look like you haven't slept in ages." Kaiden states. I sigh while sitting on the corner of the bar.

I feel like shit, and I haven't slept in days. How 'bout you Kaiden?

Is what I wanted to say.

"I've been good, just been working out a bit more than usual. How are you?"

He gives me a questionable look but shrugs off whatever concern he has and continues the conversation, "I'm good. I'm good. You sure you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm good." I say before Gianna turns to me. I let the men hold their conversation while Gia gets closer and quieter.

"Scout." She whispers. I get closer and more confused.

"Gia?"

"He asked me to marry him."

"What?!" I scream, causing attention and eyes from all over the bar. "Sorry everyone...." I apologize before heads and eyes go back to their business. The boys trail their eyes confusingly but quickly move on when Steve starts talking about his new car I bought him.

Gianna starts, "Matthew pulled up to my house while I was doing an unboxing of all these new products I was sponsoring and knocked on my door. Dae, " Dae is Gianna's roommate who is gay and totally has the hots for Gia. "Opened the door for Matt. Matt shoved Dae and bolted straight to my room and begged for me again with marriage."

Wow.

"Want me to take care of him?" I offer. She immediately shakes her head as the bartender drops our beers at out finger tips. She takes her and takes a big swig of it. "Fine." I say before taking a sip of mine.

Then the best idea hops into my gorgeous little mind.

"Gi, can you move in with me?" She almost spits her drink out gives me her brown wide eyes.

"Uhm, don't you think we should talk about this?"

"No no, Steve and I have a permeant job but I have to live on site and I need someone to watch the house. You wont have to pay for anything except maybe groceries but if the becomes an issue I can always bring you some money. Plus Madix,"

"Matthew." She corrects, still concerned.

"Mason doesn't know where I live so he can't harass you there and if Dae wants to stay I think we can make that work."

She looks at me like I just told her 2+2=5

"And you're serious?"

"Deadly."

"When do I move in?"

"Tomorrow."

She takes another sip. Her hands were all over the place, as was her mind if I had to assume. She took a couple minutes. They consisted of silence between us as the music and conversation and busting of the bar filled in as background noises. I was hoping she said yes.

I know Steve will still be their but it wont be long until he gets his hands on Peggy. A player isn't what I would use to describe Steve at all. But if there is someone who catches his eye as much as Peggy did, he will find a way to her. Sharon, Steve's ex was his first suspect. Who ended up trying to kill us so that was fun.

"Okay." Gianna finally says. "But you have to come once a week."

"Tuesdays. I'll visit Tuesdays."

"Then drink up Roomie."

Steve ends up getting drunk since he doesn't start tomorrow. Lucky bastard. I say our farewells since Steve is barely able to blink at this point. Thankfully karma will get him so I don't have to feel too jealous. I drag his disgustingly muscular body to the back seat and lay him flat so he isn't drooling on me when I take us home. Should I be driving? Probably not but I had half of my beer and I think having Steve drive would be the quickest job we've lost.

And a very lame death. I mean we kill people for a living, we can do better than a car crash.

The drive back was soothing. I turned on my playlist that I normally listen to when I take late night drives. Pass the same homeless man that got shit on by a bird last week. I bought him a bagel. Not that it helped with the bird shit but at least he got a bagel.

San Francisco was definitely more appealing a night. It was less busy and allowed the city lights to shine more. To make a bigger statement.

That's one piece I miss about being a commoner. Seeing the real life. Not being on the edge all the time. When you work in any illegal field, you miss life. Anything happening on the outside was useless for you. Gianna and Kaiden helped with that. They gave us our life. Without them, we would be stuck in a constant darkness. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. I hate men so I kill them. But sometimes it gets overwhelming. A couple months ago Steve and I were sent to get rid of 15 people all at once. It was one of our hardest and then resigned a week earlier than we intended.

The city and I had a lot in common. We were masked. The city was masked by it's people, the noise, the awe. I was masked with security, trust issues, and grey. We were both hurt and broken on the inside. But the lights within us were enough. The lights shined and it was enough for us.

Mine didn't shine on the exterior.

But the cities, hers did. And she shined enough for the both of us.

Like Mom.