No

"Bex," I say, taking a sip of the margarita I had bought from the store a few days ago. "You run the daycare, correct?"

She nods her head as she takes a sip of hers. "Yes, yes I do."

"So you're aware of Bibi?"

Silence. I look to James who's back is towards me and glare at him. "James. I'm going to figure out who she is."

Becca sat down awkwardly at the island as I walked around to James at the stove.

"James."

"Scout." He says glaring right back at me. "Let it go."

I turn to Becca. "Bex." I say with a less intense glare. "Please tell me."

She gave me puppy dog eyes. "I can't Scout, I signed a contract."

"Fucking contracts." I mumble. I look to James again. "Why won't you tell me?"

"Cause you're in no right to know." He bites at me. I shove his shoulder before he starts to back up. "Stop Scout."

"Tell me. Or I get a lawyer and you're out of a personal."

He gives a half laugh. "You wouldn't give up your job for this information." He assumes.

"Wouldn't I?"

He cocks his head to the side. "Bex, are the papers still in your car?" He asks his sister still looking at me.

"Yeah." Her now timid voice responds.

"Go get them."

Alpines tail runs between my legs and plants in between them.

"Don't get mad at me. You asked for this."

"I am mad at you. Whatever the hell it is you should've told me when I asked about Bibi."

Becca runs in and hands James the yellow envelope.

"Don't ask me how I got these files. Don't call me a liar. You asked for it." He said while slapping the folder on the counter.

"Bex, thanks for coming but we will have to reschedule. I'm going to my office."

As he walks down the hall, Becca grabs her purse and coat. "I'm sorry Scout, I would've told you."

She leave the room and once I hear the front door shut I rip open the folder.

"Name: Bibi Rowan Hill 
  DOB: 04/07/2015
  Paternity: Wyatt Fue Hill
  Maternity: Scout Rogers"

No.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.

That's not even possible. I check the date on the papers, they were the exact same day as my interview.

"Fuck." I said.

I leave the papers on the counter and run upstairs to pack a bag. I'm not even looking at what I'm throwing in my bag. I grab my chargers and laptops.

I even grab Alpine.

And I leave. I leave James. I leave the house. I leave the papers.

I leave the truth at the doorstep where it should've never entered.