Terms

"And this is your room." James shows me as the large, arched, wooden door opened. It was a basic room. A bit smaller than mine at home but it had a balcony to the back yard and a ensuite bathroom. I walked around, observed the mattress that was leaned up against the wall. Some things I left at home for Ginny like my bed, dresser and other stuff she shouldn't have to move from her apartment. I just wanted her to get away from Matthew. 

"There's not much so I'll get you a card you can use to-" 

"I'll use my own money Mr. Barnes." 

He walks with me to the balcony. I opened the wooden french doors, they creaked ever so slightly. The outside was gorgeous. Very well taken care, probably by one of his many house workers. There was a pool and hot tub on the patio across from the backyard kitchen. "Does your sister and niece come to visit you" I ask, wondering why his house feels like it's meant for a family. It wasn't anything crazy. It was a normal house, owned by a drug lord. 

"Yeah." He says. One thing he is, is closed off. We look at the backyard a bit before going back into the bedroom. "I'm going to the office. I need to get some work done." He admits before leaving. He stops at the door way. "You can move your stuff up if you'd like." He then leaves and turns the corner. Once I hear his door shut, I head downstairs into the garage and bring boxes of clothes. I had a few décor pieces but I'm just gonna order a bunch of my stuff online. I moved all the boxes up into the bedroom after a small struggling hour and half. I didn't realize clothes were so heavy. The room was quickly filled with boxes. I left some of them unopened as some of the hang up clothes were quickly made its way to the closet. 

My laptop came in great use when it came to online shopping. I had visited some online sites for furniture, saving some that peaked my interest and putting a tad too many bed frames in my cart for debate. I finally settled on a matching set that should suit the bedroom nicely. I made a to do list on my browser extension to ask James if I could at least paint the bedroom. Then I quickly deleted it, not wanting to be okay with the fact I'm officially moved out. 

I'll come to terms soon, just not yet. 

A part of my feels guilt for leaving my home. So much of Mom and Steve are there, and I just up and left. Sure It's still my home, but I'm not waking up in it anymore. And sure I could always just drive there, but the drive from mine to James was about a 3 hour drive. It was closer to work so I was okay with that. Then I suddenly miss the stupid cat. Jupiter was my studying buddy. She would come in my room during finals week, otherwise known as hell week and just lay between my crossed legs that were always in sweat pants, and the backpack I had since 7th grade. So much of my home was now not here. My kitchen, which is indefinitely better than James, no offense. 

And Steve. 

Steve wasn't here. Steve is home. Steve is my home. He's all I had. Anger suddenly burst through me, this job is taking all of it away from me. Out of the corner of my eye, a white cat makes their appearance. "You must be the infamous Alpine." I say. I call the cat over with a few ticks of my tounge. He follows the sound and checks out my hands with his little sniffer. His whiskers were oddly long. White fur rubbed up against my hand before the rest of the body made it's way into my lap. Warmth flooded my crossed legs, that were still in the sweatpants from earlier. Terms came sooner than expected and water dared my eyes. I hated crying, not because its some sign of weakness or shit. But because Mom hated it when I cried. When I cried at the drug store, when I cried when Steve said he hated me, when I cried after Joe strangled her. She was there to wipe my tears. 

Then it was Steve who there to wipe my tears. 

Now it's me. I have to do it myself. I probably need to grow up, and get over it all. Maybe I do spend to much time worrying about shit I can't change. 

I laid down on the bed that thankfully already had my pillow spread out on it. The productive me from earlier is very appreciated right now. Alpine curls into ball right under my chin. I fall asleep with the cat while I come to terms with the fact I left home. 

James POV

After a few knocks with no response, I open the door, praying to God she's not naked or something. I notice her in the corner of the room with the fur ball at her face. Her body was still in sweats and cardigan from earlier, rising and falling with her chest. I walk back out of the room and head to my own. The throw blanket that sat on the edge of my bed soon was draped over her body. She barley moved but when she did, her body curled slightly into Alpine and the blanket.

I make my way back to the office, and shut off the computer and make my way to my bedroom. The button down was off in a matter of seconds and I was left with just my boxers. As I untucked the sheets to the bed, the night finally gleamed onto the bed. The one that had the warmth of someone's love in it. The one that was never empty. Until it was

A/N: 

HAHA, cliff hanger <3

love you guys..

pls dont kill me.