Sunshine

Incoming Call...

"Who in the fuck is calling me at 5:30 in the morning?" I groan as I stretch across my bed and pull the phone off the charger. Too groggy to look at who is calling me I answer as soon as it hits my ear. 

"What the fuck do you want?" 

"Good morning to you to Sunshine." The calm but deep voice startles me into a more professional position and voice. 

"Sorry Boss." 

"Drop the Boss. No one calls me that." He demands. "I'm about to pull up to your place. Is your brother up?" 

I look across from my bed where my mirror sits. The men like that. "I uhm, I don't know  I just woke up." I reply. I pull myself out of bed as James begins to speak again. 

"We're about 5 minutes away, please wake your brother, we'll need his help moving your things." and then the line ended. I glance from the lock screen of Steve and I before bolting to the closet. 

The last thing I need is for a cocky drug lord to see my ass. 

My closet was almost as big as the bathroom. It had a lot of different outfits, some wigs and mainly a hidden safe as big as a wardrobe. It was hidden to when Marcus, the man who built my dream home, had showed me the closet I couldn't find the safe. The white drawers were sleek and modern but they canvased elegant gold handles. Mom loved gold. The drawers opened to sweatpants galore. I picked out a pair of grey sweats to wear with the flimsy tank top I slept in. 

Now I'm realizing a list of things that have to change since I'm forced to move in with my boss. 

No more sleeping naked.

"Scout!" Steve yelled from the hallway. He sounded pissed. I make my way to the hallway when I see my boss. He was in dress pants, but with no jacket. His shirt was unbuttoned at the top and his eyes were everywhere. My foyer, my dining room. All of it. My ego did go up a few notches. 

 "I'm pretty sure I said I don't need help since I'm not packing much." I remind him as I make my way down the staircase. Steve was waiting there, leaning on the wooden stairwell. 

James hands his coat to another man who was dismissed back outside with a nod of James head. I assume it was his driver. 

"You see Sunshine, you may not like the situation with your job. Which is understandable. But you will be living at my house and based off of your recommendations, I don't plan on loosing either of you anytime soon. So I have come to help move all of your belongings you would like to come with you. I was also requested by your brother." James states as he folds the sleeves of his shirt up. I shouldn't have stared but the moment Steve was mentioned, I slapped the back of his neck. He hugged it with his palm and winced as I passed him into the dining room. 

"Asshole." We mumble at the same time. James follows me and Steve follows him. I look at the light wooden table Steve covered in boxes filled with various sizes. 

"Steve, Ginny is moving in tonight. Let her have my room. It's the furthest from yours." I say. I swear I could see the corners of James mouth curve. 

"It's fine. I won't be home much anyway." Steve started as he rounded the table. He started opening up boxes before continuing. "I asked James to come over and help you move since I can't." I looked up from the floor that had a small scratch on it. 

"What do you mean you can't help me move?" 

"I mean I can't help you move Scout. I made plans with Kaiden today."