Chapter Fourteen

"I wanna introduce you to some more tools today!", April grinned as she stretched in front of Jake's bed.
"Mmm, I'd rather not.", Jake said causally. She laughed.
April stood in some white ankle socks, short black gym shorts, and a loose soft pink tank top. Her chest-length light brown hair which was usually just in natural waves was carefully curled today. She wanted to look nice for Jake.
     Jake was sat on the edge of the bed with his legs swinging, bare feet scraping the floor softly. He wasn't as dressed up, just in some short black boxers.
His eyes drifted down her body admiring the outfit, and body itself, but then he realized she was holding something. A hairbrush.
"You wanna brush my hair?", he asked hopefully.
"You're so funny Jake.", she laughed a little as she motioned for him to lay down. He did with a groan. "Lay on your stomach please.". He followed her orders. She climbed on top and got comfy straddling his calves facing his feet. He wiggled his toes in fear.
She gently gently gently dragged the bristles of the big square hairbrush across his bare soles and he clung to his pillow, shoved his face in it and shrieked into it.
"Oh nonono this is going to be so bad!!! Fuck!!!", he twisted a little so he could look at her, she turned so she could smirk at him. She teasingly rolled her eyes.
"I didn't even put baby oil on them or anything, don't be so dramatic.", she deadpanned. Then quickly turned her attention back to his soles and held his ankles in place, scrubbing at them with the hairbrush. Jake screamed and twisted against the bed, dissolving instantly into hysterical laughter. He grabbed at the blankets and sheets, tugging them loose. His pillow tumbled down into the floor. Snorts and wheezes escaped his lips, now desperate ear-splitting laughter drowned out any pleas for it to end.
April grinning crazily as she held on for dear life, scrubbing away at his twitching feet. She trailed it up to tease his toes, down to scrub at his heels, and tortuously long on his soft pink soles. He soon fell into silent laughter, just shaking and squirming under her. She stopped. "Wow.", she murmured dreamily, looking back to see the disheveled mess she'd made of him, and he'd made of the bed.
"Next time I gotta remember to grab the baby oil! Maybe I should start keeping my collection of tools in here actually so that I won't forget anything behind again.", she pondered.
"Collection?", he groaned.
~•~
     Later they were enthralled in conversation together. April was sat on the floor with her back against the bed, her legs stretched out. Jake was lying down on his back with his head on April's lap. One hand was in his hair playing with it slowly. His soft dark brown hair reminded her of Harry Styles, it was between straight and wavy and seemed to fall in a different way whenever she saw him. But it was forever soft. Her other hand danced and fluttered across his bare stomach to keep him squirming, his own hands were lazily fighting the one tickling him. But the tickles weren't intense enough to cause him to shove her hand away entirely. Just annoying.
"So you don't know what day it is?", she asked.
"No you didn't provide me with a calendar.", he rolled his eyes playfully.
"Tomorrow is June 20th.". Jake froze. His birthday.
So it's been...a month. More than that. He was taken right at the beginning of May. The only reason he knew was because he had just paid rent, it must have been May 2nd. Jake's thoughts swarmed.
"Yeah...so would you want to do anything special for your birthday? You're turning 22, you'll be older than me now actually. I won't torture you tomorrow.", she raked her short nails gently through his hair.