Chapter Ten: Slushie?

The set of stairs was just a little bit away once he got back out onto the balcony around the atrium.

He looked behind himself at El Chip's and MAZErcise. On the opposite side of the third floor was a big sign painted on the wall: Bonnie Bowling. A blue rabbit from the shoulders up wearing a striped red and black shirt smiled and held up a bowling ball. This one was bulkier than Vanny with a warmer smile and bright round eyes with whites and round pupils.

He glanced at the Bonnie Bowling ticket in his hand and forged on.

Another gatekeeper bot was there to stop him until he presented the Bonnie Bowling ticket, at which point he was given a short celebration and then was quickly forgotten.

The mystery mix settled in the back of the ice cream storage. When he checked his Fazwatch, beyond the bowling lanes he saw an ice cream parlor.

Step One: Monty Mystery Mix.

Step Two: Lure Chica.

Step Three: ...something...

Step Four: Defeat Chica and then fix her!

Gregory was the best at plans.

A few S.T.A.F.F. bots peppered the arcade machine area and around the bowling lanes, which were accessible by a few sets of stairs going down. None of them approached the ice cream parlor overlooking the bowling lanes, which was nice. While Gregory would have loved to hide under tables and behind machines for three hours, they couldn't waste time. He could call Freddy, or he could call Monty or Roxy. Speaking of Roxy, he had her mask. Maybe the S.T.A.F.F. bots only recognized his face?

Gregory put on the mask and hesitantly walked forward. The first S.T.A.F.F. bot he came across rolled right past him, its light glinting off his mask. He laughed and ran forward, past the other bots.

In the ice cream parlor, he passed by multiple small tables and chairs and the bar with bar stools lining it. Small ice-cream wheeled boxes settled by the bar. At the end was a circular stage with a red curtain around it. "THIS ATTRACTION IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED" with the smaller words "PLEASE ENJOY ANOTHER ATTRACTION" beneath printed on the sign in front of it. To the left was a way to get behind the bar and to a door that led to a couple of small, cluttered rooms with a doorless doorway between them. The cold cement bit at his toes and sank into his socked feet. Down the left end of the room, past some boxes and bowling balls, he climbed on a few boxes pushed up against a metal shelving unit. Atop the shelving unit were a couple of boxes of Monty Mystery Mix.

Step One accomplished! Now, he needed to do Step Two and Step Three extremely close together.

On the second floor, Gregory still walked to the cupcake factory on his own. A few S.T.A.F.F. security bots roamed the shiny tile floor of the dining area around the kitchen building. Beyond that, through a door, was the factory itself with a giant cupcake and conveyor belts.

Gregory slipped into the kitchen. Nine inactive kitchen bots stood around. Near the door was a list of random stuff, and then a website for online ordering of cupcakes. As he didn't have a camera, he would just need to memorize that. Beside the oven down the kitchen from him was a box connected to the front of a vat beside the cupcake machine. "SECRET INGREDIENT" was printed on the box. Gregory looked down at the Monty Mystery Mix he now held. He opened the box, stuck it inside, and shut it.

Nice.

Well, considering he didn't want to get killed by the chicken, here was probably not the best place to be standing. Although there were computers everywhere, the only place that came to mind with pizza delivery was that security room by the basement kitchen next to the Loading Docks.