04

ALANI

"Stretch that out for me, Alani," he whispered, sliding his hands down my back. My bent knees were digging into the mattress, the side of my cheek pressed into the sheets. I was breathing heavily, and my skin was laced with sweat and my muscles ached but I had never felt better. 

I raised my hands, sliding them over my ass and I did as he asked. "Oh fuck. Just like that," he breathed. "Just like that. I wish you could see how beautiful this looks." When he moved his hips, he slid in deeper than before and my moan and whimper was muffled by the bed. I didn't want it to end.

My pussy tightened around him, and I felt his gasp on the back of my neck. He kissed my skin—silencing his own moans until nothing but soft groans came from his chest. Valerio parted his lips, laying open mouth kisses on me until he flicked his tongue out and—

"Alani."

Dammit.

Three months later and I was still thinking about him, while I was supposed to be invested in the date I was currently having.

The mental images were vivid, a reminder about how Valerio fucked me until the sun brightened the room and my legs were too unbalanced to walk. How was it possible that I still thought about him? Still felt him? I must have zoned out while Diego went on and on about the property he had just sold. Or bought. I couldn't tell you.

I blamed my situation on my friend Silvana—who had encouraged this date with one of her co-workers. She hadn't mentioned that he was her boss—and also a fancy CEO whose conversations consisted of stock markets and political analytics. He also picked one of the most expensive restaurants in the city and mentioned about fifty times how difficult it was to acquire a reservation.

I had to have a word with Silvana afterwards. I was bored, but I must have done a good job at concealing it because Diego paid no mind to my lack of attention.

"As I was saying," he said, and I straightened my shoulders because I didn't want to be rude. "Invest early. Invest while there's opportunities for a great spike in the market."

What the fuck was he talking about?

"Right," I drawled, humouring him. It was a pity I wasn't attracted to him. Diego wasn't terrible looking. On the contrary actually. He was very...clean. Neat suit, neat blonde hair and a dashing smile. His hands had no scars, no cuts—and his wrist held a silver watch. Silver...

Diego nodded. "Enough about me. Tell me about yourself."

I had to stop my nose from wrinkling. My mind always hit a blank whenever anyone told me to describe myself. 

"What do you do for a living? Are you studying?" he asked, setting his elbows on the table as he held his hands. He seemed genuinely curious, or perhaps he was humouring me too.

"Studying, yes. But I don't attend classes. I take them online," I said, and he nodded again.

"Oh. What are you studying?" he asked, using the same monotonous voice he had been using since we arrived at the restaurant.

"Liberal arts," I said, and the way he leaned back into his seat told me he wasn't exactly impressed. I raised my eyebrow at him. Sure, I wasn't a business woman with numerous academic accomplishments under my belt but the judgement I felt had me close to reaching across the table and smacking that look off his face.

"How do your parents feel about that?" he asked me, a frown lingering on his forehead. I almost choked.

What the fuck— who did Silvana set me up with because she surely she must have known that Diego was the farthest thing  from my type.